Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Palm Pre 3 - Due to release this summer...? FAIL! Let's check the stats shall we - no one liked the idea of waiting as long as they have for the Pre 2. Especially after considering the fiasco with the Pre launch; which proves you don't announce and then release six months later. So now, after all the Palm team has gone through - the newly acquired Palm (HP that is) is releasing their next flagship smartphone...this summer?!? Are you kidding me?

Nothing to do with the fact that I now own an iPhone (due to reasons listed above) - but Steve Jobs must really be as good as some think considering he seems to be one of the only execs that know how to launch a new product for their own company (that would exclude Android because the carriers push those primarily). And no, the Pre2 becoming available now doesn't quite fill the cup for me - considering it’s been on shelves (literally) overseas for quite some time now. That just makes it feel second rate to me.

I really thought HP knew how to avoid the disaster Palm got itself in already
    totally agree, and then they also destroy any futur Pre2 sales, what the hell is the point in announcing carrier support for a device that has already been replaced!! people don't buy a phone for 3 months use!!! ~Jeez, i thought Leo had it down, he expressly stated the importance of being ready to ship once announced!!! if this is his idea of ready to ship then ****e it aint good!

With the likely release of loads of dual core smart-phones this summer, the pre3 just aint gona cut it with the competition!!! beautiful device and i will defo get one, but as far as the mass consumer access goes, I think this is a poor 'kick start' more like a gentle nudge

EDIT: then again, with webOS on PC's and such it seems HP are going to ram it down the consumers throat, forcing into the market, I suppose we have to see what 'summer' means!! May = OK August = FAIL!!!

Boy, I think i might just be a little to emotional!!lol Calm!!!
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 02/09/2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Palm Pre 3 - Due to release this summer...? FAIL! Let's check the stats shall we - no one liked the idea of waiting as long as they have for the Pre 2. Especially after considering the fiasco with the Pre launch; which proves you don't announce and then release six months later. So now, after all the Palm team has gone through - the newly acquired Palm (HP that is) is releasing their next flagship smartphone...this summer?!? Are you kidding me?

Nothing to do with the fact that I now own an iPhone (due to reasons listed above) - but Steve Jobs must really be as good as some think considering he seems to be one of the only execs that know how to launch a new product for their own company (that would exclude Android because the carriers push those primarily). And no, the Pre2 becoming available now doesn't quite fill the cup for me - considering itís been on shelves (literally) overseas for quite some time now. That just makes it feel second rate to me.

I really thought HP knew how to avoid the disaster Palm got itself in already
    Wow I think HPalm dropped the ball again. I was expecting some wow. While the pre3 hopefully comes out early summer and hopefully on Sprint.. no other form factors. We already knew about the tablet. The veer is another failed attempt.

The battery size is still the same across the board too. I don't get it. does anyone understand this marketing strategy?
    I love the Palm Pre and I hope the retain the design and beef up the specs for Sprint!

Currently:
    1.1ghz - F104 patch + Govnah
    Mobile HotSpot setup
    Sprint backed 3g fire in Sacramento, CA
    Preware yoked
    Customized beyond belief. I have a great phone, it runs like a champ.
    Pandora, Radiotune, uTorrent control, Sprint Nav, Touchstone packed car, audio source. You name it my phone is doing it.
    webOS is the best OS I have used on a phone.. bar none!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I'm just disappointed in the screen size. I defected to the EVO because I had to keep getting my Pre fixed and was hoping to come back to WebOS. I've now fallen in love with the large EVO screen and don't think I can go back.
    Agreed i think they failed big time on this ill stick with my pixi love it more then those phones.
    The Pre 3 is what the Pre 2 should have been and it is what I want. I currently am using an Epic 4G and will switch back to the Pre 3 if Sprint sells it.

What's the problem? It's the rumored device we have been hearing about. The bigger Pre people have seen out and about.

They addressed everything people complained about, bigger keyboard, bigger screen, higher resolution, FFC, faster internals. What more do you want?

I think they did a great job.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    your signature says "I love the Palm Pre and I hope the retain the design and beef up the specs for Sprint!"

yet 1.4 ghz on slightly larger screen and thinner design and better build doesnt sound good to you.
    I agree, Fail, Fail, Fail,

Hardware blows compared to the competition that is going to be released in the summer.

Just by having the same Pre form factor it sux.
    Pre 3 is decent but it will be obsolete by the time it actually launches.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    I think they did a great job, but not fast enough. It should be shipping today.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    No phones with a 4"+ display. No other form factors. And the Pre3 isn't even available till "summer". Same mistake they made with the initial release. Total disappointment.
    What, were you expecting this to have NGP specs?
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    your signature says "I love the Palm Pre and I hope the retain the design and beef up the specs for Sprint!"

yet 1.4 ghz on slightly larger screen and thinner design and better build doesnt sound good to you.
    That is true. The processor is better. Hands down that was the BEST part they mentioned. But the specs in general on where it counts (32gb? battery?) aren't improved. The thin design is nice. I also expected them to also have a iphone/evo type device to tout as a competition. The summer release date is also awful. That means at LEAST another 4 months. My full family upgrade is ready as of April 1st, 2011 and I will be weighing my options.
    I love the Palm Pre and I hope the retain the design and beef up the specs for Sprint!

Currently:
    1.1ghz - F104 patch + Govnah
    Mobile HotSpot setup
    Sprint backed 3g fire in Sacramento, CA
    Preware yoked
    Customized beyond belief. I have a great phone, it runs like a champ.
    Pandora, Radiotune, uTorrent control, Sprint Nav, Touchstone packed car, audio source. You name it my phone is doing it.
    webOS is the best OS I have used on a phone.. bar none!
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post
    I agree, Fail, Fail, Fail,

Hardware blows compared to the competition that is going to be released in the summer.

Just by having the same Pre form factor it sux.
    Ignorant statement.

There are tons of people who love the Pre form factor, I am one of those.
    Sprint Love
  16. Evansgw
    I love the Pre form factor too, but I would have liked to have seen three phones, a candy bar, the Pre 3 and a slab.

I don't like the veer and the Pre 3 should be available today not "Planned availability in the Summer".
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Ignorant statement.

There are tons of people who love the Pre form factor, I am one of those.
    I agree with you that there are people who like the Pre form factor - but you can't argue that many people were ready for a slab. There was no slab announced which might be considered a fail to some. However, I would say that the increase in screen size makes up for the Pre and Pre 2 size's shortcomings. After having the iPhone since October, I can definitely say that webOS would rock on a slab - just surprised they (HP, Palm, HP Palm, whoever they are now lol) haven't bought into it yet.
    I think the Pre3 might be great. Form is fine IMO, but thought it would be good to have an Evo type offering as well. In all, I think a lot would like the Pre 3, but not until sometime this summer? By then it may be way too late.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Can they guarantee that the build quality much better than the current Pre/Pre2, the battery at a stock 1230 mah is horrible for the bump in screen size, it is going to be the achilles heel again. It is like they did not learn anything from the original Pre.

I switched to the Evo because I was tired of the issues with my Pre and got it for a great price, was really looking forward to new form factors like something similar to the Evo in size and build quality that would make me want to really take another look at WebOS.

I think it is a lack of options where many will be disgruntled and disappointed. As a 1st day Pre owner, I was hoping for more.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusttee View Post
    I agree with you that there are people who like the Pre form factor - but you can't argue that many people were ready for a slab. There was no slab announced which might be considered a fail to some. However, I would say that the increase in screen size makes up for the Pre and Pre 2 size's shortcomings. After having the iPhone since October, I can definitely say that webOS would rock on a slab - just surprised they (HP, Palm, HP Palm, whoever they are now lol) haven't bought into it yet.
    I agree, a slab would have been fine. But I'm glad they're sticking to their [HPalm] guns. Why do they need to follow in anyone else's footsteps when they can lead the way and innovate just like they are doing?
    Sprint Love
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast