Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Ignorant statement.

There are tons of people who love the Pre form factor, I am one of those.
    The Pre form factor is good, but they should have given us choice. Everybody was claiming for a 4.x inch display on a slate device. Me included

The Veer doesn't add anything, it's a waste of R&D and production resources, they should have tried the slate-phone (5 inch would have been perfect)

Cheers
    I dont know what to say.. Web Os and it's devices are going to continue to fall to the side by comparison of todays smart phones. I wrote another Thread two weeks ago with the same title and figured I'd wait for today. Well today is here and the big announcement was like getting a new product with all the latest technology from almost 2 years ago. How can they expect to compete with nothing Game changing. Palm has made it this far by being a smart device before smart devices were everywhere. Well thats not good enough anymore, innovation and developer/user connection is everything now. I think that HP bought a sick horse with a broken leg. Ive been with palm nonstop for years since the M130 and Im sorry to say it but I dont think I'll be rockin a palm/webos operated phone ever again. MARK MY WORDS, by this time next year Hp will have dropped support for this system and phone. (Stop and think of innovation and support by comparison: Apple os - Palm web os - Blackberry os - Android os - windows phone os. Now tell me by comparison which phone/os is not up to par.
    I won't buy another WebOS product until they come out with a slab with 4G LTE.
    You can stay you went back to the future. It's 2009 all over again.
    Release date is terrible.. By then these devices will be replaced by more powerful HTC, LG, Apple devices..
    Someone else put this idea forward in another thread, but what if HP isn't trying to keep any existing users? Instead, what if they are trying to build a whole new userbase, at the risk of losing everyone who is currently here.

It is 2009 all over again, sadly, unless something happens and they pull their heads outta their a$$es and bump their shipping dates forward a couple of months.
    Ignorant statement.

I thinkthat is true.. but there wer alot os loyal WebOS people waiting who have had their original launch day Pre's or just a bit later (like myself) who hoped for slab device as well... The Pre3 is fine, but it's specs will be demolished by the summer...
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Someone else put this idea forward in another thread, but what if HP isn't trying to keep any existing users? Instead, what if they are trying to build a whole new userbase, at the risk of losing everyone who is currently here.

It is 2009 all over again, sadly, unless something happens and they pull their heads outta their a$$es and bump their shipping dates forward a couple of months.
    Build a whole new userbase with the same form factors? That's the kind of thinking only Ruby could like.
    Coudn't agree more with you guys. Wheres the love for the loyal supporters that went out and bought the Pre in the first place? That was one of the key topics for me today... and ZERO mention
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post

LOL I would usually find a witty reply, but Im so sad about this that I'm just going to agree with you and say,
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    There is no time for Apple to change much on the planned devices, and quite frankly, history suggests the next gen iPad and iPhone will be mildly enhanced.

I guess he meant shipping the Pre 2, lol.

I don't think they're needing to change any plan, just going with the flow with dual cores, would be enough... + retina display

I just hope the Tegra2 is a fail on smartphones (maybe battery life...)
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    The Pre 2 is available soon on VZW for $99. The Pre 3 is available several months from now probably on a different carrier and for most likely $199. I don't see why they're necesarrily competing with each other.
    Just sad. I'd be depressed if I weren't so stunned.
    I've been patient. I've tried. I don't feel like Palm has taken advantage of me. But, if I wait any longer, I WILL.

I'm moving on, probably to iPad/iPhone.

First, why I love Palm and my Pre:
    • Great form factor in the hand
    • Implementation of Synergy and notification rocks
    • Physical keyboard
    • I've had a Palm III, Vx, Kyocera 7135, 3 Treos, and a Centro.

Why I'm moving on:
    • What was once the cult of Palm is on its deathbed. Ideas are there. Execution is on life support.
    • Nothing announced will create the sales or developer base needed.
    • NO 4G. Really???? Who will invest (2 years) in a 3G platform that is not proven with the consumer or corporations? WHO!?! FRICKEN WHO!?! I can almost see going to iPhone for the apps, but no apps AND 3G too??? Craziness!

Sorry for creating a separate thread, but after all the time I've invested, I felt I had to.
    I know what you mean. I think you nailed it, especially with the execution. Palm can make devices and software; they just haven't been able to ship it yet.

And yes, no 4G is huge. No 4G for two years of my life is now kind of ridiculous.
    Hey, no need for apologies.
    They should sticky this thread. Very nice title.

People will defect for all sorts of reasons.
    Actually, everything is fine. By the time pre3 is released, It will be couple months before I can change phones without penalty. So it is perfect. Plus, there is no Verizon 4g network in la anyway.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Why didn't they make the veer a "BB" form factor. I cant see how there is a market for people who want a smaller vert slider vs the better vert slider. The BB form factor won alot of people over (the Pixi itself however... another story)

Epic fail HP, Epic
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Ignorant statement.

Yes the 3-8% marketshare loves it (current webos users + any other users from other vertical slider phones like the BB)...if that counts as "tons" to you, then what does the majority of consumers count as?

Majority doesnt want another pre....they want another webos phone. I want a slab, as do most ppl.

As soon as the next android slab comes out on sprint....its mine. Please Evo 2 come quick.
    Last edited by cnote1287; 02/09/2011 at 06:50 PM.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I agree, a slab would have been fine. But I'm glad they're sticking to their [HPalm] guns. Why do they need to follow in anyone else's footsteps when they can lead the way and innovate just like they are doing?
    How the hell is the Pre 3 form factor an innovator?

Lets see...Sprint and most carriers absolutely want no part with any hardware that resembles a Pre 1. It failed miserably and that is why we never got to try the Pre 2 and its still not out.

You can say that the Iphone started the same way and made subtle hardware changes but the hardware was tons better and continues to be. So no point in changing that. On the other hand, the Pre's hardware was a nightmare and Hp should have had the brains to figure out the only reason Palm survived was because of its OS and not hardware.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast