Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'll be getting one unless there is a better webOS phone by the time the Pre3 is released.
    I'm just disappointed in the screen size.
    The pre 3 screen is larger than the iphone! I don't want a 4.2 in piece of glass in my pocket, if I need that kind of screen real estate I will jump to my touchpad! Epic win!
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I was hoping for sooner release and a slab something in the form of HTC EVO, this would be quite good. I thought HP said that it will be few weeks from the show that the products will be released to the public, what happened to that statement?
    how will the hardware be outdated in summer when nothing can even compare with the Pre 2 which is our "old Phone" ppl need to get with the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaninBack916 View Post
    Wow I think HPalm dropped the ball again. I was expecting some wow. While the pre3 hopefully comes out early summer and hopefully on Sprint.. no other form factors. We already knew about the tablet. The veer is another failed attempt.

The battery size is still the same across the board too. I don't get it. does anyone understand this marketing strategy?
    lol what is the veer a failed attempt at? It is HP's model for the low/mid range user. It's a lot cooler than many, if not all, of the low/midrange Android handsets it'll be competing with.

Pre3 will take on the powerful phones and it's spec'd very nicely.

It would have been nice to see some innovation, this is just Palm powered up for 2011. Not disappointing but not shocking. Do want Pre3.
    I've been with Sprint over 10 years and have my Pre- from day 1. I've considered switching to the Epic. But webOS is so much better than Android. And, other than being just a tad small, the Pre's form factor is great. 4" is way too big. The Pre3 is perfection. I will switch carriers to get it.
    - Bubba
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Qualcom site has a link to the HP site for PRE 3. Specs list Qualcom 8*55 chipset. Pre 3 is wider than the Pre by a few mm. The wifi spec implies 802.11n in the 5gHz spectrum, which is nice. There are dual mics for noise cancellation. No mention of LTE or WiMax, and I don't think the 8*55 chipset handles those. The 1.4gHz clock speed stated by HP is higher than the qualcom spec for 8*55 chipset so I wonder what this means as far a what HP has customized.
    I like the bigger screen size and physical keyboard(retained). Although I wud have luved to see a candy bar phone that can compete to iphone.

By the way this is a world phone...so experts, can we expect this on Sprint anytime soon?
  9. Evansgw
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    how will the hardware be outdated in summer when nothing can even compare with the Pre 2 which is our "old Phone" ppl need to get with the program.
    I agree, I don't think it will be outdated, personally I just dont want to wait that long.
    there is only one problem with these new HP devices - the release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    This should be the phone thats about to hit the market not the 2. I just got my 2 and like it but will be getting the 3 but releasing that late and after the IP5 coming is just bad business
    I agree, iPad 2 and iPhone 5 are going to hit back very hard. This is not enough, and it's shipping later?? Didn't Apotheker said they were going to ship products within weeks from every announcement??
    I'm going to have to get another phone to get me through the summer...then I'll compare.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I remember people saying how they would like having a larger version of the Pre, and when they decide to release one... Nothing but complaints... SMH! I still want them to release a new Pre with the Minus's button!
    Since the Pre 3 doesn't put the Motorola Atrix and Droid Bionic to absolute shame it's no good. LOL. Whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by pepitosegrilla View Post
    I agree, iPad 2 and iPhone 5 are going to hit back very hard. This is not enough, and it's shipping later?? Didn't Apotheker said they were going to ship products within weeks from every announcement??
    There is no time for Apple to change much on the planned devices, and quite frankly, history suggests the next gen iPad and iPhone will be mildly enhanced.

I guess he meant shipping the Pre 2, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    This. Is. True.
    I love the Palm Pre and I hope the retain the design and beef up the specs for Sprint!

Currently:
    1.1ghz - F104 patch + Govnah
    Mobile HotSpot setup
    Sprint backed 3g fire in Sacramento, CA
    Preware yoked
    Customized beyond belief. I have a great phone, it runs like a champ.
    Pandora, Radiotune, uTorrent control, Sprint Nav, Touchstone packed car, audio source. You name it my phone is doing it.
    webOS is the best OS I have used on a phone.. bar none!
    The blog said "someone groaned when they mentioned the Pre3". That made me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verratio View Post
    I remember people saying how they would like having a larger version of the Pre, and when they decide to release one... Nothing but complaints... SMH! I still want them to release a new Pre with the Minus's button!
    It's the timing that screws it all up!
    I dont know what to say.. Web Os and it's devices are going to continue to fall to the side by comparison of todays smart phones. I wrote another Thread two weeks ago with the same title and figured I'd wait for today. Well today is here and the big announcement was like getting a new product with all the latest technology from almost 2 years ago. How can they expect to compete with nothing Game changing. Palm has made it this far by being a smart device before smart devices were everywhere. Well thats not good enough anymore, innovation and developer/user connection is everything now. I think that HP bought a sick horse with a broken leg. Ive been with palm nonstop for years since the M130 and Im sorry to say it but I dont think I'll be rockin a palm/webos operated phone ever again. MARK MY WORDS, by this time next year Hp will have dropped support for this system and phone. (Stop and think of innovation and support by comparison: Apple os - Palm web os - Blackberry os - Android os - windows phone os. Now tell me by comparison which phone/os is not up to par.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    Right on target
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast