Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Other than the qualcomm 1.4GHZ processor, doesn't really do that much for me.
    QQers gotta QQ.
    not blown away...and this isnt something im gonna show my friends and they will be impressed, but i still think i'm gonna get it this summer.

I would have liked a bigger, hi-res screen...but i would rather stick with webOS than switch to a bigger-screened Android.

this is all assuming that the Pre3 will be on Sprint. Hoping it gets the 4G WIMAX treatment too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    not blown away...and this isnt something im gonna show my friends and they will be impressed, but i still think i'm gonna get it this summer.

I would have liked a bigger, hi-res screen...but i would rather stick with webOS than switch to a bigger-screened Android.

this is all assuming that the Pre3 will be on Sprint. Hoping it gets the 4G WIMAX treatment too.
    The Pre3 does have a bigger, higher res screen than the Pre and Pre2. Not sure what the QQ is all about sir.
    Also a bit disappointed. Was hoping for something "Sprint" related, 4G, etc... for having the same form factor I was a bit underwhelmed and will stay with my EVO for now... even though I love webOS way more.

I will be getting a pad, but if Sprint continues to show no love for webOS I'll be awfully disappointed as I can't beat the deal that I get with them if I go back to verizon.
    No CDMA (or better, a world phone like the BB Tour)? Was hoping for a Sprint announcement. Been really patient with my launch day Pre but now I think I may have to move on. Palm just can't keep up.

Tired of Thinking Beyond. I want to Think Now.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    What I'm more disappointed in is that HP didn't provide a slab form factor. I think its fine to provide a Pre3 (even though its an uninspired redesign of the original), but you have to give the consumers what they want and that's a slab phone. You can argue on the size, but they need evolve with the times. IMO, a "big Pre" and a "Little Pre" just isn't going to cut it.
    I'm surprised there's no 4G, that was the most rumored about thing and cause of delays.
    i meant bigger as in 4"+ but i think 3.6" will perfectly fine...especially since i plan on buying some sort of tablet as well.
    I think it will impress those that already liked the Pre and will impress few that did not.

I think there's some good additions like video chat and some meh in the same form factor. It's not for me personally but again if you like the pre i figure that person will like this.
    How big is the Pre3? And are we going to have to wait till the summer? I missed some of the live blog! Hard to catch up!!!

Its the same screen size as the iPhone with a Pre style keyboard. It has everything I would want in a phone. I am happy!
    I'm very impressed. It's a Pre but enhanced to take on today's smartphones. It didn't really innovate in any way but it's exactly what I've been wanting from Palm this whole time.
    My gut says most consumers will say "Its basically just another Pre." And it seems like you can say that for all their phones.
    Faster speed and bigger screen were two things I really wanted. Would have liked a 32GB version too.
    Last edited by swieder; 02/09/2011 at 02:26 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I'm not.. smh
    i Can deal with keeping a Pre 2. The new line up I'm pretty impressed with - all that "touch to sync data between devices" i think that is great.

Good luck to Apple beating this!
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    pre3 sucks so bad..its pitiful..

5 megapixels camera?
    no 1080p video?
    No LTE?

game changing..
    yeah right...
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I'm very impressed. It's a Pre but enhanced to take on today's smartphones. It didn't really innovate in any way but it's exactly what I've been wanting from Palm this whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Faster speed and bigger screen were two things a really wanted. Would have liked a 32GB version too.
    Exactly, it's what I wanted. I did want a 4G device but I can still do video calling via Skype, which is a plus. So I like
    1.4Ghz is cool, but I think I'd rather have dual core 1.0Ghz

The screen being bigger is better but overall isn't that impressive - no AMOLED, no retina display level pixel density...

I'd also like to see a lot more storage - I feel like the whole market is standing still here - why can't I get 128gb or even 256 - I'll pay extra.

LTE and WiMax missing is also disappointing.

All that said, I love webOS and I might buy it anyways, but summer is a long ways off. The pace this market has been moving who knows what will be around by then...

I'm still rocking my launch day pre, longest I've ever had a phone, but I'm growing impatient in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    i meant bigger as in 4"+ but i think 3.6" will perfectly fine...especially since i plan on buying some sort of tablet as well.
    I agree that 3.6" is fine. I've never hear of an iPhone user complaining about the size of their 3.5" screen.
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast