Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by znif57finz View Post
    Not enough to make me leave Sprint if they do not offer it. Not overly impressed & it will be less impressive by the time it hits the market - 4 months is too long. I'm not yet due to upgrade so I'll just see what my choices are on Sprint when the time comes. My gut says that HP dropped the ball.
    You summed my feelings up quite well. I am upgrade eligible now and was hoping for something to be released here in the next month since my pre minus is going. I've been through 4 different headphone jacks and now I am out of warranty. I have to carry my iPod around again to listen to music. My wife has an EVO and I really like the phone but Android just does not compare to WebOS. If this is released on Sprint I will probably upgrade but I was really hoping for slate phone with a virtual keyboard. I dumped the iPhone and AT&T for Sprint and WebOS but honestly if Sprint could have snagged the iPhone I would go back to it, even though WebOS is superior OS. HP I think failed to snag your average consumer with this.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I am impressed and 95% of users out their will be impressed with these devices. The real killer app is going to be the integration with the pad. I am temped to buy a pre2 now, then give it to my wife when the pre3 comes out this summer!
    I have the Evo and WiMax really isn't all what it is hyped up to be. Ya its fast but it burns battery faster than batteries in a fire. It takes for ever to connect and overall, WiMax is DEFIANTLY first gen.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    I am reasonably impressed by the Pre3. The veer on the other hand is not very good, spec wise it is great for such a small phone, but it looks rubbish.

They should have listened to the market and added a slab to the line up. That's what I was waiting for.

Can I wait until the summer? Probably. Can my wife? No. Her phone is dead and she wouldnt want the veer.

It seems the veered off in the wrong direction.
    Now this I can understand...

A slab phone would have made alot more sense than just a smaller phone imo...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I like it! I like the fact that it's the same form factor(distinguishing us from other flagship phones). The larger size & wider keyboard is a plus. The 1.4ghz %s wonderful, just gotta see how smoothly it performs. Front facing camera like we requested. 5megapixel cam. 8 or 16 gb.... I like the way the screen looks compared to iphone & other phones. Add flash, preware capabilities, tablet synchronization, improved build & I'm satisfied.

the summer release sux tho!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    The Pre 3 can be considered as the HP business phone. HP wants the enterprise market bad, and they are definitely going hard. The specs aren't the greatest, but WAY better than the Pre 2, which already ran the OS decently, and 100 times better than my original Pre. Make the screen bigger, keep a physical keyboard but make it bigger, add video conferencing, add world phone capability, and keep the BEST Multitasking OS known to man(with added features), and you can now compete with running Blackberry out of the ecosystem!! This is what they want first, and they will bring more "consumer" styled products as they grow the enterprise side. I think overall they did it right. I'm impressed in the device integration from phone to tablet, and that makes the OS even more compelling now. Whether that'll be enough to want a Pre 3, not sure, but I definitely want the awesome HP TouchPad, and getting the phone would just make it easier to build a great ecosystem. It'll be tablet first for me, and hopefully superphone later on if they truly bring it.
    Wholly agree with that. Why chase the consumer space when you already have enterprise penetration that can be readily exploited. I can just imagine the HP salesmen: " How many webos tablets and phones to go with those printers and servers we're selling you?"
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    If it comes out on Sprint, I'm getting one, it's pretty much exactly what I want. Slightly bigger but not huge, faster, still Pre form factor - fabulous. If it doesn't come out on Sprint, I may look at switching carriers after 12 years with Sprint.
    wow watch the engaget video. That thing is fast. Snappy! Now lets over clock it to 2.4 and see if we can time travel.
    No availability until this summer? With the iPad2 on its way out. No pricing, no exact date and didn't HP's CEO state that this stuff would ship within weeks of the announcement? I would love to be able to work with this guys timetable! Ridiculous. Very disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Your statement makes absolutely no logical sense whatsoever...

How, in this universe or the next, does HP limiting storage space to 16gb mean that they're appealing only to "people that love the Pre"?...as opposed to making a more affordable phone in an attempt to EXPAND their userbase?...

Please, by all means, try to answer this...I want to be entertained...
    selling a portrait slider does. that's what you don't get. It's not just about storage. It's that appealing primarily to the people on pre forums and those like them, that already like the pre product but where too small in number to keep the company of Palm afloat rather then the much larger and more profitable masses that didn't like the pre or that form factor is a major problem. Because it's not enough to grow make great leaps in market share. The Pre 3 will fair just like the Pre and Pre 3. Niche.

if the Pre 3, coming out later in the summer, likely next to the iphone 5 sell like hotcakes and everyone loves it i'll be wrong. But i won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by macnlkc View Post
    No availability until this summer? With the iPad2 on its way out. No pricing, no exact date and didn't HP's CEO state that this stuff would ship within weeks of the announcement? I would love to be able to work with this guys timetable! Ridiculous. Very disappointing.
    As disappointed as I am with the new phones the Summer timetable has to be the biggest disappointment and fail of the announcement.
    Are people seriously complaining about the lack of 1080p, on a phone?! The optics and electronics are so small that even with 10,000,000,000p, you're not going to notice a significant difference other than huge file sizes.

I'm getting it if it's available for Sprint. After 1.5 years on the Pixi's small screen, which isn't nearly as annoying as the absurdly slow processor (which makes multi-tasking a moot point as you could probably get everything done just as fast, if not faster, in serial tasking on the iPhone), I look forward to the upgrade, even if the keyboard oreo's off. I can't take a slow phone anymore. Waiting 3 minutes for Google maps to come up is <<deleted by mod>> (my RAZR was quicker). IMAP taking forever to load message(s) is <<deleted by mod>>. Email is so slow on the Pixi, it's faster to check gmail through the web browser than the email app.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by danipoak View Post
    As disappointed as I am with the new phones the Summer timetable has to be the biggest disappointment and fail of the announcement.
    You have to wonder just how many folks were itching for "add to cart" and "checkout" buttons right away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorn View Post
    Two questions:

1) Is the slider mechanism better/useable?
    2) Is the keyboard better?

The size should be fine for me, but the Pre keyboard is bad, so I am a little afraid that this is going be not much better. The keys seem bigger so that is a plus. Also, backlit. Finally!

I also like that the back is soft-touch.

Also would have preferred more RAM. Everybody is so processor-focused, and I just don't understand that.
    HP Pre 3 first hands-on! (updated with video) -- Engadget
    this should make some people happy
    in terms of hardware quality, HP has taken a big step up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Did everyone forget there is another event tonight?
    apparently
    And that is precisely what it is missing, a 4th "slab" shaped phone in the catalog, a thinner, slightly bigger phone that can not be associate with the previous pres, that range would have rocked the audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by macnlkc View Post
    It could possibly kill any momentum if it doesn't hit before the iPad2... With no slate to compete with the iPhone and various Android variants.. it may be game over johnny!
    Quote Originally Posted by forero99 View Post
    And that is precisely what it is missing, a 4th "slab" shaped phone in the catalog, a thinner, slightly bigger phone that can not be associate with the previous pres, that range would have rocked the audience.
    I think alot of us were hoping for that...
    I am impressed, but honesly I was more concerned witht he WebOS 2.x.x update announcement? I have an original Pre on the Sprint network overclocked to 1GHz so for me the speed is great, just would like a refresh to WebOS 2.x.x. My concern about getting the tablet is, will the cloud work with my current Pre? I would think that it should with the 2.x.x upgrade, that may be the reason for no release, to make you buy a Pre 2 or Pre3. If none of these come out for Sprint I will probably have to drop it and jump to the PC version, it would be awesome on a HP Netbook...think of it as an oversized Pre...lol.
    The haters are nuts. Screen is too small to sell?!? WELL IT'S BIGGER THAN THE IPHONE AND IT SEEMS TO DO WELL!!

This is EXACTLY what I wanted. Only thing iphone 4 has over it is screen res ans still camera resolution. If you switched the names around you'd all be hating the "iphone" for it's smaller screen

The tap to share and synching with the pad will sell well in the store not to mention bigger screen, faster processor and true ,multitasking. Selling the combo will be formidable.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I'm impressed, but I wish they were a bit more forward thinking with the hardware. I wish they included more memory, 32 GB (or a microSD card slot), and LTE. Everything else looks great. Some very innovative concepts going on with WebOS.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast