Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast
    so i'm a bit confused didn't they say that the Pre 3 will support EVDO RevA? doesn't Sprint support that? I have to say that if this phone releases on Verizon and NOT Sprint I will <<deleted by mod>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    If Sprint gets it, I'm buying it the first week its out. If they don't I might pay more and change carriers
    The Pre 3 is exactly the phone I want. Hopefully build quality will be much improved but the CPU is great. Yeah I know there will be dual core phones by then but I think 1.4ghz processor will be plenty of power for what I use the phone for. The camera probably should have been bumped up resolution wise since 8mp cameras have been available for awhile and I assume the plethora of droid manufactures will be going to 10mp+ phones this summer. I do wish it was 4g ready but the fact its a world phone is really great. Is it possible to add 4g functionality by the summer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This is the phone I've pretty much been calling for them to make for a while.....Really, out side of 4g, this phone is exactly what I wanted.
    I'm with you on that. 4G is the only glaring omission. Maybe that will still be there by summer. I think HP should still release a slab style KB-less form factor to appeal to those that don't like a physical keyboard.
    No! This is horrible! 130 billion dollar company n thats the best they could do? No! I was thinkin of something more simple like the best selling smart phone in the world aka iphone!
    The issue here is yes, there are spec bumps, and some Pre fans here are happy with it. Some others are not. But HP is not putting out these two phones for current Pre owners, or people who read this forum. What about the pubilc at large? Yeah you might want a keyboard but others don't. Doesn't seem like iPhone 5 has much to worry about, but that tap webos devices stuff is a killer feature. I bet old Uncle Steve is slapping himself silly for not coming up with that one.
    Well I wish the Pre and the Pre mini well, but I will be webos tablet bound only. Hope some enterprising felllow makes a tap to sync between webos and iOS LOL
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    so i'm a bit confused didn't they say that the Pre 3 will support EVDO RevA? doesn't Sprint support that? I have to say that if this phone releases on Verizon and NOT Sprint I will <<deleted by mod>>
    <<deleted by mod>>

On a serious note, I'm also hoping for Sprint, and yes, they support EVDO RevA I do believe.

Kevin
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I was hoping that it would include 4G. I guess the biggest issues I have is what carrier? I am on Sprint and I am ready something new. I would like to see the Pre3 on Sprint and I would get it but still....no 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    As pointed out in one of my previous posts... WHY!?!

It's illogical. The media capabilities on phones are second to products that are built for that reason.

If you don't want a slim iPod touch in you pocket, the same pocket with your phone, then there is something wrong in the world
    honestly cause of your phrasing i'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing. But my point is that recording HD video saps space. So does storing downloaded tv shows and stored music and and apps. There are plenty of people that could use the storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by utvolfan67 View Post
    I'm with you on that. 4G is the only glaring omission. Maybe that will still be there by summer. I think HP should still release a slab style KB-less form factor to appeal to those that don't like a physical keyboard.
    The beauty of it is they probably will. They only showed today what is already complete and ready to roll in production. I'm sure that they will have a slab form factor soon, along with 4g.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Definitely impressed and looking forward to getting a Pre 3 this fall. My iPod Touch will officially be retired at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    It doesn't matter what I think. If Sprint doesn't support them anymore then I will be getting a different phone. I really hate the idea of not having something WebOS but switching to another carrier is not an option.
    ^^^I too share this concern...

Not only that, but HP seems to be making one of the same things I considered to be a mistake when the Pre was announced; way too early...

Summer is nearly 5 months away...by that time, any hype for this phone will have most likely died down, whereas other companies will have probably released other smartphones by then...

Here's hoping that the tablet race will take some of their competitive efforts out of the smartphone market...
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    And the concept of practicality is usually lost on those very people...
    Let's forget the fact that there's supposed to be a cloud-based storage system on the horizon for Web OS...

You don't seem to understand that you represent an EXTREMELY small, almost invisible portion of the smartphone market...and HP just happens to be a business...
    i don't think you understand that the people that love the pre represent an extremely small and almost invisible portion of the smartphone market. And if HP wants to make a profit off it's phones it can't appeal only to them. right now it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    so i'm a bit confused didn't they say that the Pre 3 will support EVDO RevA? doesn't Sprint support that? I have to say that if this phone releases on Verizon and NOT Sprint I will **** a brick!!!!
    Sprint does use EvDO Rev. A. Why would the Sprint version not release with WiMax or an LTE version for Verizon?

No 4G on Sprint. No 4G on Verizon.

Yes 4G on AT&T and TMobile with HSPA+.
    I wouldn't say that I am impressed, but I am happy to hear some good news about what HP/Palm is doing. It just seems that they caught up with everyone else just to get left behind again.

I can hold off on getting another phone until I have a chance to read up on the palm 3 and compare, I am getting more comfortable the EVO the more I play around with it. I am defiantly getting the Touch/Palm Pad, that is for sure.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    honestly cause of your phrasing i'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing. But my point is that recording HD video saps space. So does storing downloaded tv shows and stored music and and apps. There are plenty of people that could use the storage.
    I'm with you on the storage front. That is the only thing that was glaring me right in the face, Only 16GB? Really?

I want to ditch my iPod, but I can't at 16GB.

I didn't even think of the HD video and photos!

Also, MEMORY IS CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Pretty much what I wanted.... Thanks HP, so far the phone seems perfect for my needs... IŽll wait until summer, no problem, my Pre will be 2 years old by then, which I think is a reasonable age to switch phones.

And the TouchPad as soon as it is available.
    I dont understand why everyone is saying its a fail because its not a slate? I am happy with this. I hate trying to txt on a screen but if you dont want to use the keyboard keep it closed lol. The screen is 3.6in people! It looks like a pre in the pictures but this thing is the size of an iphone. I think its the perfect size screen. I know some like the evo but that thing is huge. 5mp camera is fine. Picture quality depends on other things anyway. I've seen 3mp cameras take better pictures than 8mp. 720p video is on par. Wireless N (thank you). Gyroscopes were over hyped and you seriously would use it like 5 times then be done forever. I did anyway. 1.4 !!! wow!! I've got a launch day pre so this is huge for me! I am buying this thing. The only thing that sucks is that its not on sale now!!

<<deleted by mod>> People always want more and something else will always be coming out. This is a great phone and right now as this is already getting ready to ship. There is another webos phone being developed.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 02:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    no 1080p video?
    what the heck are you going to do with 1080p on a phone???
    Yup nothing game changing...just a expected upgrade. No major form refactor, no candybar. No 4g watsoever. No details on pricing or availability with carriers.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast