Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post

To put things in perspective, there's another phone that's barely changed it's form factor from the first iteration, yet it's all I hear people brag about these days...bet you can't guess what that phone is...
    Ohh can I guess.. Uhhh the Fruitphone?

What I win?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    Why is 4g a dealbreaker? At the moment it is a premium technology which is barely used due to it still being experimental.

You can't make calls over it and it just drains battery. I can not understand this statement. Rumour has it that the next iPhone isn't going to be 4G either
    Because I value it. I should have clarified - it is a dealbreaker for me. I want my next phone to be capable of 4g speeds and I won't lock into a two-year contract with one that isn't.

Calling 4G experimental is like saying Gmail is still in beta. Maybe technically, but it's out there in the real world and at least in my area has solid coverage. Besides, you don't technically make calls over "3G" and all that does is drain battery too. Silly statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    really. **** i put that much on the day i got it. **** i could put 230 gigs of just music on there right now it there was room. And i got 2 terabytes of video. 8Gigs is nothing to me.
    Yes, because, like you, all normal people tend to put upwards of 200 gb of *anything* on their cellular phones...

/sardonism
    Impressed? Alittle! Depressed? A Lot! Nah f that...A whole f'n Lot! No roll out or roll out day date for Pre 1 owners is Grade "A" BS! No real date for anything. I hope the advertising is better too. Palm was too late advertising, never remember seeing a treo 60 commercials when we was running stuff. Then IPhone took off with ads and most of its core smartphone users. I love webOS, but hp palm, we gotta start beating these cats to the punch, stop showing up late for stuff, and start showing some loyalty to those who stood in line for the Pre 1.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Bigger screen? Check
    Better resolution? Check
    Better camera? Check
    Front facing camera? Check
    Better Keyboard? Check
    Better Processor? Check

Yes, those all look like "Fail" things to me.

Seriously, I poopooed the Pre2 as an incrimental upgrade compared to what's available on the US market both at the time it was announced on other brands and with HP.

Pre3 is a good deal improved over the Pre2 and HUGELY improved over anything HP has out in the US market. Additionally its on par with most everything that's set to debut in the US from other carriers in the next few months. The only glaring omissions are 4g, which isn't widely available yet, 1080p video (though still has HD), and an hdmi out which isn't a game breaker.

So many people have said WebOS is by far the best OS, they just need a solid piece of hardware. Perhaps this is not the Atrix, but this thing is still extremely SOLID hardware running a GREAT OS...I'm anxiously awaiting for my contract to be up and it to come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    Because I value it. I should have clarified - it is a dealbreaker for me. I want my next phone to be capable of 4g speeds and I won't lock into a two-year contract with one that isn't.

Calling 4G experimental is like saying Gmail is still in beta. Maybe technically, but it's out there in the real world and at least in my area has solid coverage. Besides, you don't technically make calls over "3G" and all that does is drain battery too. Silly statement.
    Ah you put me right.

No sarcasm in that, it's a genuine statement
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    Edit
    Wow how very mature
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Ohh can I guess.. Uhhh the Fruitphone?

What I win?
    You just won yourself a lifetime supply of Pocket Freshener!...
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I was not impressed at all...I have no problem with the releasing a Pre 3 I just wish that they also would have announced a phone with a slate form. Something that would make me go "WOW! That is a must have."

The Pre 3 does not do that for me personally.

I am tired of that vertical slide form with the keyboard. I wish I got the Evo when it released my upgrade date would be coming up about the time these new phones release
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Yes, because, like you, all normal people tend to put upwards of 200 gb of *anything* on their cellular phones...

/sardonism
    no, but but a lot of people can use more then 8GBs when you add in movies, podcasts, music, local storage, HD video recording, and app downloads.
    I like what I saw. Too bad it sort of crushes any desire for a Pre 2, on my part.

What I can hope is that Sprint does an OTA 2.1 upgrade, followed by offering the Pre3 and Touchpad in the Summer.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    remember people they didnt announce carriers yet so no one knows if it will be 4G enabled or not. Also they didnt say anything about this 4 or 5 inch slab mansion, or the opal so heres hoping they have more products coming. Though again I think the Pre 3 is the perfect device, having had a EVO (too big to be a mobile device) a iphone screen size, speed, and a physical keyboard is all you need. Also read the atrix review at BGR its not its all cracked up to be.
    Just take my money already HP/Palm! Just make sure it comes to sprint or no buy
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    It's no longer a Pre. It's been 2 years, Pre is now Post, as in get us some goods post-haste. Yeesh!
    Dang HP (and palm)
    And stop with the Pre. It's like warmed over soup. >:\
    Is there a 6-axis gyro? at least reach parity with currently available models
    ..."coulda been a contenda"
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    no, but but a lot of people can use more then 8GBs when you add in movies, podcasts, music, local storage, HD video recording, and app downloads.
    As pointed out in one of my previous posts... WHY!?!

It's illogical. The media capabilities on phones are second to products that are built for that reason.

If you don't want a slim iPod touch in you pocket, the same pocket with your phone, then there is something wrong in the world
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    HP should listen to you. Its obvious their business model isn't very good.

ET
    HP's computer side isn't the issue and the pad looks nice. It's HP's new phone division that I question. How successful has Palm's business model been??
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This is the phone I've pretty much been calling for them to make for a while.

Top of the line processor = Yes. While not a dual core, its the fastest I've seen in a phone.

Enough RAM to be competitive in specs and run WebOS without "too many card errors" = Outside of a few android devices, 512 is the norm for high end devices. It also has been reported to run WebOS 2.0 flawlessly so fine there.

Around a 3.5" screen = Yes, giving a bit more space then even that. 3.5" displays are the sweet spot for plenty of viewing space while being extremely pocketable.

Improved Keyboard = Yes. The keyboard has been enlarged to give a big more space.

Front facing camera = Yep, its there.

The only thing its missing is 4g support at the moment, and to be truthful NOT having it isn't going to bug me until next year or so rolls around. Much of the countries not covered by 4G yet. I will say, I think its a mistake on their part, but I don't think its a huge one let alone something to indicate a "fail".

Improve the back camera = I'd have prefered a megapixel bump, but HD video and stablization is a nice bonus.

Really, out side of 4g, this phone is exactly what I wanted.
    Im with you there! I am getting this phone. You have exactly the same criteria I had. I just hope that it comes to Sprint, because I do not want an overpriced Verizon Plan.
    Did everyone forget there is another event tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    remember people they didnt announce carriers yet so no one knows if it will be 4G enabled or not. Also they didnt say anything about this 4 or 5 inch slab mansion, or the opal so heres hoping they have more products coming. Though again I think the Pre 3 is the perfect device, having had a EVO (too big to be a mobile device) a iphone screen size, speed, and a physical keyboard is all you need. Also read the atrix review at BGR its not its all cracked up to be.
    It was confusing that they confirmed the Touchpad will come in 4g flavor but made no mention regarding the phones.
    The only thing I find missing from the Pre 3 is WiMax and LTE. HSPA+ is nice, but only having "4G" on TMobile is maybe a killer for me. I seriously hope the specs aren't finalized because the phone isn't due out until Summer.

Bigger Screen - Check.
    Better Resolution - Check.
    More Powerful - Check.
    Compass - Check.
    HD Video - Check.
    Video Calls - Check.
    WiFi Calls - Check.

The Pre 3 has a much larger display 3.6" vs 3.1" (30% more surface area), a higher resolution 800x480 vs 480x320, and the fastest single core processor in a smart phone ever announced at 1.4GHz. A more than powerful enough 5.0MP camera (assuming the quality is good), HD video capture, video and wifi calling functionality, a compass, and wireless N. All while being THINNER than the Pre, Pre Plus and Pre 2.

None of the people complaining about the camera know anything about photography as far as I can tell. It's NOT the number of MP, it's the image quality, the speed and the ease of use. That's why the 8MP EVO camera gets trounced by the iPhone 4's 5MP camera in every legitimate review.

Anyway, as per standard, the Android trolls in here are underwhelmed.