Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    I can tell you that I have filled up 8 gigs in the first week i had the phone. Between my music and pictures. I don't know how you can say anything more then 8 gigs is a waste. Im my opinion anything less than 16 gb is a waste. I'm really let down. If I wanted a pre again, I wouldve bought another one. Hell I wouldve bought a pre 2. Hell i wouldve bought a pre 3. Hell i'd even buy a pre -3 or whatever that new little guy is called. MAKE A DAMN CANDY BAR PHONE ALREADY!!! I'm sick of waiting around. My oreo cookie, no flash having, cracked usb port isn't cutting it anymore. Let down again. Guess what, I've been waiting patiently for flash since I got my phone. The itunes sync was broken more than a year ago. The only plus's about the phone were taken away or we were lied to about flash. Yea its cool they have a new tablet, but just make a GOOD PHONE ALREADY. WE WANT PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    You used you phone as a PMP?

<<deleted by mod>> Get a dedicated PMP and leave the phone for apps etc etc

Itunes sync was pulled by apple. It wasn't broken!

Flash is in 2.0 which guess what, you will be getting.

Just quit with the complaining already
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    It all makes sense.. HP is trying to be like Apple with each version of the iPhone.. Same form factor but increase the specs little by little.. so far Apple fan boys not complaining so why is we?
    Except without the money, respect, or sales of apple. Yea why would we complain about never having a decent device??? Cmon, the biggest sham of this whole thing is we all know how great the WebOS interface is.
    I'm pretty meh about the whole 4G thing. Maybe sprint's is good already, but I'm on VZW and it's probably gonna be a while before it's ubiquitous enough to be worth it.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Agree with you 100%, people just want to complain because they didn't get the spec THEY were looking for. The Pre^3 specs are awesome, I love them. I can't wait. I don't need HD crap on my phone, that's what I have a 26" monitor and 40" HDTV for.

The only three things that ****ed me off:

No release for webOS 2.x, no price, and summer..? Come on.. we've waited in the coming months already.

At least make it earlier than summer. But hopefully webOS 2.x will be announced sometime today as well as price.
    Unfortunately for HP/Palm, you are in the minority. A company that aims to satisfy the minority isn't going to go very far. The phone game now is keep up/innovate, or die.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    So it's GSM+CDMA?
    Yes it is a world phone. That was very high on my wish list, and almost makes up for the lack of LTE or WiMAX.

I would have preferred a 4.3" slab though.
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    No 4g a dealbreaker. I'd rather hang on with my original Pre and just get a 4G Touchpad when they come out - particularly if the Touchpad acts as a hotspot.
    Why is 4g a dealbreaker? At the moment it is a premium technology which is barely used due to it still being experimental.

You can't make calls over it and it just drains battery. I can not understand this statement. Rumour has it that the next iPhone isn't going to be 4G either
    It all makes sense.. HP is trying to be like Apple with each version of the iPhone.. Same form factor but increase the specs little by little.. so far Apple fan boys not complaining so why is we?
    I'm not a fan boy of any company. But the reason is because Iphones sold well. Pre's did not.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    IMHO Pre3 looks pretty decent. Great processor, screen size not too big, phone dimensions are not bad either (its actually little thinner than the original Pre).

HP Pre sounds so stupid (I like the name Palm Pre).

Very disappointed with Veer. They should have made 3.5"-4" screen and keyboard-less phone instead.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Two questions:

1) Is the slider mechanism better/useable?
    2) Is the keyboard better?

The size should be fine for me, but the Pre keyboard is bad, so I am a little afraid that this is going be not much better. The keys seem bigger so that is a plus. Also, backlit. Finally!

I also like that the back is soft-touch.

Also would have preferred more RAM. Everybody is so processor-focused, and I just don't understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    You used you phone as a PMP?

More fool you! Get a dedicated PMP and leave the phone for apps etc etc

Itunes sync was pulled by apple. It wasn't broken!

Flash is in 2.0 which guess what, you will be getting.

Just quit with the complaining already
    What you only use your phone for calls? Get with the times. No way were getting flash !!! I didn't know that!!!!!! Wow, thanks you just made my day!!!!!!! O my god I'm telling everybody i know!!!!!!!! I know were getting flash, the guy told me when i bought my phone 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Unfortunately for HP/Palm, you are in the minority. A company that aims to satisfy the minority isn't going to go very far. The phone game now is keep up/innovate, or die.
    HP should listen to you. Its obvious their business model isn't very good.

ET
    Pre 3 is meh...doesn't come off as super impressive as some of the upcoming top of the line android phones and probably won't measure up to the Iphone 5, specs-wise. Considering it's not coming out until Summer, it's fairly underwhelming...

To be fair, though, the Touchpad looks awesome.
    If that 5MP camera has auto focus (including macro) then it pretty much solves my problem with the original Pre. I could live with all the other stuff, but the camera was straight up useless.

I could go on about stuff I'd LIKE for it to have, but ultimately it feels like a winner for me at least.

Apps will probably continue to disappoint but that's not much of an issue for me on the phone. I know the WebOS core stuff is good, which covers my phone needs. As for the tablet, well that's a different story. I would have a tough time giving up stuff like Korg iMS-20 and Amplitube.
    --------------------------------
    Love hate since launch day.
    So first, everyone complained about wanted a bigger screen, and now that it's coming, it's not big enough? Even tho it's a little bigger than their primary competitor's?...

This site is hilarious...

To put things in perspective, there's another phone that's barely changed it's form factor from the first iteration, yet it's all I hear people brag about these days...bet you can't guess what that phone is...
    Anybody know if the pre 3 (tongue twister) will have a soft keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    What you only use your phone for calls? Get with the times. No way were getting flash !!! I didn't know that!!!!!! Wow, thanks you just made my day!!!!!!! O my god I'm telling everybody i know!!!!!!!! I know were getting flash, the guy told me when i bought my phone 2 years ago.
    No I use it for browsing the internet, calls, messaging, emails. A dedicated PMP is made for media. A phone is made to be a phone. I have music on mine but that's for ringtones not for listening to as I have a PMP for my media.

What's so difficult to understand about that? I'm really going to plug my sennheisers into a product which has a music player as an afterthought when I can plug it into a product that is solely a media product
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    So first, everyone complained about wanted a bigger screen, and now that it's coming, it's not big enough? Even tho it's a little bigger than their primary competitor's?...

This site is hilarious...

To put things in perspective, there's another phone that's barely changed it's form factor from the first iteration, yet it's all I hear people brag about these days...bet you can't guess what that phone is...
    Is it the palm pre?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Anybody know if the pre 3 (tongue twister) will have a soft keyboard?
    Just call it "Pretty".
    fwiw pre 3 is trending in the US...touchpad and veer are also trending in most cities
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post

Ohh can I guess.. Uhhh the Fruitphone?

What I win?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast