Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Seriously, what more do you guys want? It pretty much is slab size now. So why all the complaining about a non slab phone. This is only the beginning too. To me, this is an even bigger jump than the Pre 2. Its a bigger device, its a faster device (1.4 GHz). Yet people still complain. Plus, the big thing they are going for is product connectivity which no other company does. I was impressed with the new features the new products brought.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is hating already.. it's a full upgrade in the same style of the Pre just like everyone on this forum practically wanted.
    I wouldn't call people hatin. people are just politely expressing an opinion. But it's just another pre. Personally i never like the pre style so i'm in the other group on this forum so doing it again wouldn't impress me. But i still maintain that it will impress the people that already like the pre but not the larger masses that don't. And i think for HP that's where i see this having some issues.

I've never come close to my 8gig storage either. I don't want anymore than that, anything else is a waste.
    really. **** i put that much on the day i got it. **** i could put 230 gigs of just music on there right now it there was room. And i got 2 terabytes of video. 8Gigs is nothing to me.
    I'm impressed! It fits right for me. I've lugged around an Evo and hated it....tooo big. 3.6" screen is perfect to keep a phone form factor. Anything bigger is like carrying around a portable dvd player or even worse and ole school 1980's cell phone. The specs are on point. It's a phone guys not a laptop!!!! WAY TO GO HP!!!! You got me to stay with Webos! Now get it to SPRINT WITH WIMAX!!!!!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Can't get all the specs everyone would prefer but if sold on Sprint I am totally on board.

Palm USA | Hp Pre 3 Phone | Features, Details
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    Yeah because LTE is needed at the moment isn't it!?! I wonder how many people use it on their EVO considering it drains battery. Am I right in thinking you can't even make calls over it yet?

1080p video is recognisable on a screen that small!?! Damn, you must have good eyesight!

The camera is adequate. Want a decent camera, then go and buy one.

Geez!
    Agree with you 100%, people just want to complain because they didn't get the spec THEY were looking for. The Pre^3 specs are awesome, I love them. I can't wait. I don't need HD crap on my phone, that's what I have a 26" monitor and 40" HDTV for.

The only three things that <<deleted by mod>> me off:

No release for webOS 2.x, no price, and summer..? Come on.. we've waited in the coming months already.

At least make it earlier than summer. But hopefully webOS 2.x will be announced sometime today as well as price.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 02:37 PM.
    Sprint Love
    did they say it wouldn't support 4g?
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Palm Pre 2 vs. HP Pre 3: what's changed? -- Engadget

Seems like a nice beefy upgrade to me. I'll buy if it ever comes to Sprint
    Thanks for the link!

It looks like I may have to retract my earlier disappointment, I thought I had read it was GSM/HSPA+ only and there would be no CDMA.

But am I reading the Engadget page correctly? For the Pre 2 it says "GSM / HSDPA or CDMA". For the Pre 3, it says "GSM / HSPA+ and CDMA". That's either a typo, or it indicates the Pre 3 will be a real worldphone (like a BB Tour).

So is that (by-me) boldfaced "and" a typo, or is that for real?

If it's for real, then I am impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronk View Post
    did they say it wouldn't support 4g?
    I think that's the TouchPad.
    Sprint Love
    It all makes sense.. HP is trying to be like Apple with each version of the iPhone.. Same form factor but increase the specs little by little.. so far Apple fan boys not complaining so why is we?
    I'm not sure why everyone is hating already.. it's a full upgrade in the same style of the Pre just like everyone on this forum practically wanted. I love it. I can't wait to get it either.

I've never come close to my 8gig storage either. I don't want anymore than that, anything else is a waste. Any screensize bigger is a waste as well, that's why I will have my touchpad.
    I can tell you that I have filled up 8 gigs in the first week i had the phone. Between my music and pictures. I don't know how you can say anything more then 8 gigs is a waste. Im my opinion anything less than 16 gb is a waste. I'm really let down. If I wanted a pre again, I wouldve bought another one. Hell I wouldve bought a pre 2. Hell i wouldve bought a pre 3. Hell i'd even buy a pre -3 or whatever that new little guy is called. MAKE A DAMN CANDY BAR PHONE ALREADY!!! I'm sick of waiting around. My oreo cookie, no flash having, cracked usb port isn't cutting it anymore. Let down again. Guess what, I've been waiting patiently for flash since I got my phone. The itunes sync was broken more than a year ago. The only plus's about the phone were taken away or we were lied to about flash. Yea its cool they have a new tablet, but just make a GOOD PHONE ALREADY. WE WANT PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    The Pre 3 is everything that everyone asked for on this forum when the Pre 2 rumors were floating around. They addressed EVERYTHING and it still isn't good enough. Bigger keyboard, bigger screen, higher resolution, faster internals.

No wonder I don't hang around here anymore.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Agree with you 100%, people just want to complain because they didn't get the spec THEY were looking for. The Pre^3 specs are awesome, I love them. I can't wait. I don't need HD crap on my phone, that's what I have a 26" monitor and 40" HDTV for.

The only three things that ****ed me off:

No release for webOS 2.x, no price, and summer..? Come on.. we've waited in the coming months already.

At least make it earlier than summer. But hopefully webOS 2.x will be announced sometime today as well as price.
    Feel sorry for us in the UK, w'll probably have to wait until November again thanks to the next iphone launching in the summer. All phones seem to be pushed back around that time. Unless HP pay another carrier but I don't want to lose my unlimited data bolt on
    wish it was coming out sooner but i am guessing sprint wants them to hold out until the 2 year pre anniversary to get more renewals...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I was NOT impressed with the Pre3. Same Palm issue, incremental changes of the same form factor for too long (usually years). Then the market moves on, and they're playing catch up. Hint to HP/Palm...Listen to your users/consumers.
    I'm liking the phone. Its not unusual there is a certain amount of people (no matter what HP does) that are going to complain. I was going to pick up a Pre 2 but now will probably wait till the 3 comes out.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by jelks View Post
    Thanks for the link!

It looks like I may have to retract my earlier disappointment, I thought I had read it was GSM/HSPA+ only and there would be no CDMA.

But am I reading the Engadget page correctly? For the Pre 2 it says "GSM / HSDPA or CDMA". For the Pre 3, it says "GSM / HSPA+ and CDMA". That's either a typo, or it indicates the Pre 3 will be a real worldphone (like a BB Tour).

So is that (by-me) boldfaced "and" a typo, or is that for real?

If it's for real, then I am impressed.
    I'm pretty sure the event said there would be two versions of it. So there's a GSM one and a CDMA one like existing the existing phones.
    Pre 3 was underwhelming for me considering new phones released during that time will have bigger and better screens, faster processors, and 4G capable.
    No 4g a dealbreaker. I'd rather hang on with my original Pre and just get a 4G Touchpad when they come out - particularly if the Touchpad acts as a hotspot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    So it's GSM+CDMA?
    Two versions of the phone, one with GSM support and the other with CDMA support.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the carriers were waiting for the announcement in order to gauge excitement for these devices. So, maybe, we'll see some announcements soon.
    I do have one complaint, the Palm name wasn't on it. lol

ET
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast