Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    After using a 4-inch SuperAMOLED, it's going to be hard to go to a smaller screen that likely won't be as bright or vivid. Likewise, this will probably pale next to a Retina Display or LG's Nova Display or the Atrix's qHD display or.....
    It's because the trolls here are android lovers, and try to sublimate the ugliness of the UI with specs
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Other than the qualcomm 1.4GHZ processor, doesn't really do that much for me.
    This is the phone I've pretty much been calling for them to make for a while.

Top of the line processor = Yes. While not a dual core, its the fastest I've seen in a phone.

Enough RAM to be competitive in specs and run WebOS without "too many card errors" = Outside of a few android devices, 512 is the norm for high end devices. It also has been reported to run WebOS 2.0 flawlessly so fine there.

Around a 3.5" screen = Yes, giving a bit more space then even that. 3.5" displays are the sweet spot for plenty of viewing space while being extremely pocketable.

Improved Keyboard = Yes. The keyboard has been enlarged to give a big more space.

Front facing camera = Yep, its there.

The only thing its missing is 4g support at the moment, and to be truthful NOT having it isn't going to bug me until next year or so rolls around. Much of the countries not covered by 4G yet. I will say, I think its a mistake on their part, but I don't think its a huge one let alone something to indicate a "fail".

Improve the back camera = I'd have prefered a megapixel bump, but HD video and stablization is a nice bonus.

Really, out side of 4g, this phone is exactly what I wanted.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Frankly, it's a bit, well, "meh". 8/16GB? That wasn't enough last year!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Palm Pre 2 vs. HP Pre 3: what's changed? -- Engadget

Seems like a nice beefy upgrade to me. I'll buy if it ever comes to Sprint
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I'm not impressed with the Pre3. I don't think they announced a carrier yet, which means that no one has picked it up yet.

As much as I like webos, I'll probably be switching to the new iPhone when it comes out. My Sprint Pre1 is a POS and needs to be replaced.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Compass added will be nice, still no gyroscope tho.
    I need more apps.. and a slab
    i don't think keeping that form factor for all phones was a mistake. I never liked it and i'm not sure most consumers do. i think they needed a slab to attract more people.
    I'm not sure why everyone is hating already.. it's a full upgrade in the same style of the Pre just like everyone on this forum practically wanted. I love it. I can't wait to get it either.

I've never come close to my 8gig storage either. I don't want anymore than that, anything else is a waste. Any screensize bigger is a waste as well, that's why I will have my touchpad.
    Sprint Love
    All my friends went a bit nuts about the whole touch to share thing.
    I am surprised that they stuck with the Pre name...I thought they would try to go with something else to make the product 'feel newer' and move away from the negatives that people associated with the Pre.
    OG Sprint Pre Pre3 difference %chg
    Width" 2.300 2.520 0.220 9.6%
    Height" 3.900 4.370 0.470 12.1%
    Thickness" 0.670 0.630 -0.040 -6.0%
    Ounces 4.760 5.500 0.740 15.5%
    Batt, mAh 1150 1230 80 7.0%

I'm concerned with the battery...but I don't know squat about 'ries.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    QQers gotta QQ.
    Huh?
    Not impressive but meh i will take it...Could have used the little more real estate when it came to screen size but it will do it at the moment the suckiest part is the release time frame "Summer" wth..
    It looks great to me. The Pre form factor is neat, and I think it's cool that they're holding onto it. It's just been a tad too small for my liking in the past, but it looks like the Pre 3 fixes that.

I'm definitely getting this phone.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Nice phone. They pretty much upgraded everything that people complained about (minus the storage capacity). I am happy it is not a 4"+ brick. I carried an EVO for months and it is too big to comfortably carry around in your pocket. I love the form factor of the Pre and they made some huge upgrades. Plus the features with the tablet are fantastic!
    Acceptable specs today. In "summer"? Probably not. Faster, HP faster!
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    pre3 sucks so bad..its pitiful..

5 megapixels camera?
    no 1080p video?
    No LTE?

game changing..
    yeah right...
    Yeah because LTE is needed at the moment isn't it!?! I wonder how many people use it on their EVO considering it drains battery. Am I right in thinking you can't even make calls over it yet?

1080p video is recognisable on a screen that small!?! Damn, you must have good eyesight!

The camera is adequate. Want a decent camera, then go and buy one.

Geez!
    Quote Originally Posted by adebo View Post
    Nice phone. They pretty much upgraded everything that people complained about (minus the storage capacity). I am happy it is not a 4"+ brick. I carried an EVO for months and it is too big to comfortably carry around in your pocket. I love the form factor of the Pre and they made some huge upgrades. Plus the features with the tablet are fantastic!
    agreed dont like like brick design at all
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast