Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Why couldn't they preview phones people wanted?
    The same ol same ol form factors are not what people want.

Slabs are RUNNING the table for very good reasons.
    So go get a <edited by mod> slab.

It's Crybaby Central here.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/09/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Because it is more of the same.
    Why couldn't they preview phones people wanted?
    The same ol same ol form factors are not what people want.

Slabs are RUNNING the table for very good reasons.
    You haven't tried it yet...it is very close in size to the slab Iphone with a major plus it has real keyboard in case you get tired of typing on a piece of glass...

PLEASE ALL OF YOU CALM DOWN, TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND RELAX...WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE TIRED IT BEFORE BURYING IT!

There are also supposed to be more products announced later on, perhaps they will satisfy the chicken little crowd!

Furthermore, most people have no idea that there are great phones out there besides the Iphone which I still think is a so so phone!

take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    So go get a <edited by mod> slab.

It's Crybaby Central here.
    No, it's reality central here.

I have a slab.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/09/2011 at 09:49 PM.
    No, it's reality central here.

I have a slab.
    Hi all,

Who says you can't use the Pre 3 as a slab phone????

Who says that HP/Palm wants to be the front runner in smart phones? Why can't they be very successful at selling for a niche market....in addition, just because lots of people own a Iphone doesn't make it a great phone.... a large number of Iphone users hardly every use most of their apps....therefore they truly don't know the potential of their smart phone.

Since you have yet to use the Pre 3, you don't know it's potential either!

Please relax, take a deep breath and wait until you have tired it before you bury it!

take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Here's what everyone is PO'd about. No, what I'm PO'd about. I've been limping on with subpar hardware since I bought my launch day plus. I've put up with the worst keyboard I've ever been faced with, because I love this OS. And there have been promises. Oh have there been promises. Like 2.x, like flash, like yeah, we know we've always over promised and under delivered and we aren't going to do that anymore. Promise.
    Well, guess what. WRONG. The reason WebOS was named the best mobile OS in the laptop mag poll, is because of a rabid fanbase, and they just got crapped on. Again. They don't like it.
    Actually, I'd have been fine waiting for "the coming months" yet again, if they'd have given me a nugget. Especially after they told me I was going to get a nugget.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Who says that HP/Palm wants to be the front runner in smart phones? Why can't they be very successful at selling for a niche market....in addition, just because lots of people own a Iphone doesn't make it a great phone.... a large number of Iphone users hardly every use most of their apps....therefore they truly don't know the potential of their smart phone.

Please relax, take a deep breath and wait until you have tired it before you bury it!

take care,

jay

Listen dude, you have to gain interest.
    You can be a "niche market" but you have to have SOME market.

You want to live on these little ideals and it's just not reality.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    HP will probably bring out a slab later this year, as for the Pre3 it looks to be an awesome phone. I do however wish they would have went with a 32GB option or a sd card slot and a bigger battery would have been a plus. Time will tell how well this phone will be with battery life.

It would be nice if they could include the touchstone with the phone.
    id be impress if it was released in weeks and not months. whats with the no carrier? with no carriers, id say this phone may be released just like the pre2.
    Don't really think people are comparing not yet release phones to ones that were designed 2+ years ago. They'll compare them to phones that are currently in the pipeline in which the phone doesn't really compare. Not sure why you don't get that sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    The Pre3 does have a bigger, higher res screen than the Pre and Pre2. Not sure what the QQ is all about sir.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    and they just got crapped on. Again. They don't like it.
    Hi all,

I think too many of you should have been drama majors in school or write for TV or for the movies.

It is a smartphone...not your life....

I currently am the sole caregiver to my soon to be 88 year old Mom, who has mostly recovered 2 heart attacks and a stroke...it keeps me busy most of the day and often into the night...this is what I do 24/7 for the past 22 months....G-D willing my Mom will continue to improve and I will gladly be her caregiver for many more years!

Oh and my sister hasn't visited my mother once or contributed any money to Mom's health costs or care...

It puts a great deal into persective....

Not to mention the fact that I am disabled...I have suffered thru two horrendous spinal surgeries and I am in constant pain....I would think I would be the one who is whining not all of you....(try living in a plastic body cast here in Florida for 7 months, including a boiling hot summer).....mind you, I hardly ever talk about either my Chronic Pain or my Mom's health, however you people are simple too much...too much whining...too much looking at the bad side of things, too fast to condemn something before you can even try it....

If I can look at the sunny side of the street all of the time, please get a life...it is only a smart phone...

For example so many of you are having hissy fits over a phone not being up to specs, that they haven't yet tried, that isn't up for sale yet...Oh did I forget to mention that HP/Palm did say there would be other product announcements every other month or so for a while....

People in case you didn't notice Palm was very close to closing it's doors....in a short period of time, they have been integrated into a much larger firm, had the loss of a number of key employees and has hired many new people who never used/tried webOS....

Once again, please take a deep breath...it is a phone not your left leg that is going to fall off.

One last thing I should mention to all of you, if those of you who are containing to whine and aren't happy....wait for other Palm products or don't wait...at this point I don't care...but please stop RUINING IT ALL FOR THE REST OF US!

Thank you and take care,

Jay
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Epic fail. Worse than I even imagined, and my expectations were low . Time to move on from palm( hpalm, hp, whatever it's called now), I had a good run with them I guess. I like my iPod touch, so guess that's where I'm goin, to bad web os is really rad , gonna miss it, maybe since it will be on a pc someday, I'll get to revisit it in some form down the road.
    Do you know anything about sales and marketing? Dan Marino never won a superbowl, but is he a great quarterback? The iphone is a great phone. Why? It changed the entire smartphone market. It kicked every mfg in the *** and said step up to the plate. It has an extremely large following and probably the #1 phone that entices people to change carriers. It has the largest app store with more quality polished apps than any other OS. It has some of the best marketing as well as the largest cult following a consumer electronics product has had. The build quality is very high. The OS isvery smooth and stable. and it has apps galore to appease just about every walk of life. But it's not a great phone

See....lots of people own an iphone. that means there is a lot of 3rd party interest from accessories to what? Developers. Why developers? because the large customer base will spend money on the apps they develop. Thus a vast ecosystem is developed and a great phone is born.

Palm....horrid marketing, just ok hardware. not a ton of 3rd party support. Slow to upgrade and react. Dismal market share. It's cult following is quite small and isn't even a blip on the radar. But it's the best multitasker out there. Don't think hanging your hat on "it's the best OS out there" really matters to the buying public especially when there isn't much else backing it up. They've been playing that tired card for two years now while the rest of the market just passed them by and will just keep on going. But hey, it's been working well for them so far.
    Hi all,

take care,

jay
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Its hard to say "Impressed" for a device that is so iterative on its previous counterparts, but it is definitely a good device. I think there is definitely a market for a large portrait slider, but I think they should have gone further with it. Do some redesign of the look, and make it more professional looking, and perhaps call it the "pro" rather than pre3.

And like most, I would have liked to see a 4" slate option next to this guy. It seems like this is still a gaping whole in HP/Palm's lineup. If they had the 4" slate, the other two would make a lot more sense to me as a line of phones.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    The phone market is a very hostile place. HP needs to be aggressive if they want market share. Their phones need to be flagship devices among carries and Pre 3 will never be one.

Just look at the flagship devices among carries right now:
    iPhone 4, Galaxy S, Atrix 4G, Droid Bionic, Thunderbolt,Evo 4G.
    They all have some things in common: They are over powered, jumbo screened slabs. They constantly improve on their screen rez slimness and battery life. The Pre 3 does not have the WOW factor that those phones have. Pre 3 does not have a vivid AMOLED screen, it does not have Retina display or QHD resolution, it does not have a slim 9 mm profile, it does not have a 1900 mAp battery. Those are the wow factors that conquer peoples minds and make these phones sell like hot cakes.

The vertical qwerty slider is not a winning formula in the customer mind. Just look at the Venue Pro and BB Bold. They aren't exactly runaway successes. Hp needs a slim 4" slab superphone to regain that wow factor that they already have in the software. WebOS is a beautiful OS (on my opinion the best) but the hardware does not match up. Hell even A downsized Touchbook would do. If they do not come up with such hardware in the near future (march event) they will too far behind.
    Hi all,

Why are so many of you so fast to condemn the new phones without even trying them???? In addition, Didn't HP/Palm say there would be other product announcements every other month for a while? Perhaps they will be more to your liking.

I am so sick and tired of all of the whining on this site!

For G-D's sake at least wait until you have tried it...and also stop ruining it for the rest of us!

take care,

jay
    Right on brotha!

I am begining to thank some of these folks are paid posters or just flatout haters with NO intentions on buying any webOS devices.

I know some will say this is a blog site, but for the love of pete, its a webOS ethusist site. If you dont like what HP offers, ok, so post on your favorite device site so we dont have to see every thread hijacked with this crap.

Although I think the 745 BMW is a great car, I am not a fan and its not for me, so I wouldnt buy it. Instead, I love the Benz S550 and would refuse to waste my time on a BMW blog site daily talking about how BMW sucks,and how great Mercedes is, etc. It just makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    thankyou!! Sounds like a bunch a whinny kids crying because they didn't get what they wanted for their birthday.
    Your correct, except there arent really that many of them, its the same few who seem to spam this site on every thread, with many posts, with the same lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Your correct, except there arent really that many of them, its the same few who seem to spam this site on every thread, with many posts, with the same lines.
    Instead of insult people because they have different opinions than you, hows about we discuss what's being discussed?
    Pre 3? Much ado about.. well you know.

Next?
    To those saying, don't knock it till you try it, well derp!

I know webOS, I've been using it for more than a year now, I know it will run well on the darn device. What I am complaining about is:

Exhibit A: The fact that these devices won't be available for as much as 4 to 6 months, completely ruins it!

Exhibit B: Everyone has been chomping at the bit for a new slab type device for months/year. Yet again, Palm gives a keyboarded device, how lame for them to not listen to their fan base, again. Not saying that you can't use the new device as a "slab", just that it's going to be much thicker than your standard slab because of the keyboard, which is no-good-mojo.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Instead of insult people because they have different opinions than you, hows about we discuss what's being discussed?
    No insult dude, no need to do that, just calling it like I read it. Keep up your good work here and good night.

PS: I looking forward to the Pre 3, the Touchpad and being apart of the ecosystem HP is creating.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 02/09/2011 at 11:34 PM.