Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuraib View Post
    Is this brick called a phone hahaha?
    No on-screen keyboard!
    No international non Latin support! Die a slow death stupid chimpanzee! The Chinese has gone beyond, well beyond! Palm stop thinking, you cannot do it anymore since duarte left you, have you seen the beauty of honeycomb!
    I'm American, I don't need international support
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    You mean HP is doing exactly what Apple has done with it's Iphone? I guess you know what you should do.

There's a reason that I don't own an Apple.

No, I don't know what I should do. Not yet.
    What does the Atrix, Iphone and Bionic have that the Pre3 doesn't?
    Operating systems that have market share and are in the public mind.... :P
    1. Yes I am impressed - pretty good specs inspite of all the gripes I am reading here. Super fast processor, new features like flash, voice dial, video calling etc are a plus ...but..
    2. Gotta be on Sprint IMO. Gotta be on ALL carriers (maybe not TMobile) for the sake of HP. Hopefully it is priced at $199 or better for 8 Gb and 249 for 16 Gb.
    3. Advertising and Marketing's gotta be way better than June 06 for HP to have any chance
    4. Dont care for 4G or slab form factor (yet) but definitely hardware has gotta be rockin good. Nobody should ever mention Oreo !
    5. Hope the apps continue to flow even faster - a few K per month and soon with 20k 30k apps people would have all the apps they need and wont have to compare with the app store or android market.

just my thoughts. and did I mention i want it on sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    There's a reason that I don't own an Apple.

No, I don't know what I should do. Not yet.
    Look for a pre plus online. They're selling under $150 brand new, contract free.
    You do realize the main reason that Android phones can have so many form factors is that there are multiple manufacturer's?
    If having multiple form factors was the be all for 1 specific company don't you think Apple would have produced another form factor?
    if you dont like what HP came out with then go get an evo and stop hating !!! my goodness it has a front facing camera 5mp camera 1.4 gh processor its as big as the iphony and it has a touchstone tap to share with a tablet . umm its better in every way as long as the hardware is good and sturdy !! and ifins you cant wait or dont want to then get an evo !! duh .......... i will move to which ever network this phone comes out on if it dont come to sprint . and i will do it without complaining about it too !! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    Operating systems that have market share and are in the public mind.... :P
    When HP brings out the commercials showing how the interconnectivity of it's devices work then you'll see an operating system that is on the publics mind.
    You do realize the main reason that Android phones can have so many form factors is that there are multiple manufacturer's?
    If having multiple form factors was the be all for 1 specific company don't you think Apple would have produced another form factor?
    You do realize that Apple and Hp do not "Manufacture" their own phones they have many manufactures to work with. Apple has no need to do this because 1 form factor works for them they are already successful. Hp on the other hand is running with a proven loser of a form factor and releasing two of them on top of it...
    (Note I did not mind the Pre form factor and do not especially mind the Pre3 form factor I just think the it will be here in the "Summer" is far to late in the technology game and they need a hit on their hands to get consumers and developers interested. Running ONLY with a form factor that has already failed... Not the best idea. )
    You do realize that Apple and Hp do not "Manufacture" their own phones they have many manufactures to work with. Apple has no need to do this because 1 form factor works for them they are already successful. Hp on the other hand is running with a proven loser of a form factor and releasing two of them on top of it...
    (Note I did not mind the Pre form factor and do not especially mind the Pre3 form factor I just think the it will be here in the "Summer" is far to late in the technology game and they need a hit on their hands to get consumers and developers interested. Running ONLY with a form factor that has already failed... Not the best idea. )
    Is the shape of the phone really the most important thing?
    I love webOS, but I was expecting webOS on new hardware. The Pre 3 is what the Pre 2 should be and did they provide a date of release? Mid to Late Summer is a full 6 months away and I'm sure the Android OS will be running on new hardware by then. I doubt the Pre 3 will hold up against the Evo 2..smh!
    Quote Originally Posted by pepitosegrilla View Post
    Agree, but still there's so much difference that webOS is going to be the underdog for a while again, and that's a dead sentence

I'm hopping the Amazon/Kindle deal, brings lots of new users, with different profile (no so spec-obsessed), but I don't tink so. Apple is so strong, and Android is the only alternative people knows...
    HP is a massive company. I wouldn't worry about it. You know how you get a free printer after rebate when you buy computers? They'll know how to get WebOS out there. They'll take a loss at first just to get users onto WebOS.

No problem.
    What does the Atrix, Iphone and Bionic have that the Pre3 doesn't?
    How about I start with a dual core processor..and I am sure iphone 5 will have it this summer?
    I can't answer that. But I would guess it has some effect now that Apple has set the standard to be a slab phone at least in the consumer side of things. I mean which phones are selling the best... It is slab phones. EVO, Iphone, etc.
    When HP brings out the commercials showing how the interconnectivity of it's devices work then you'll see an operating system that is on the publics mind.
    Bingo.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I'm not sure you could say it "failed." The quality of the build failed. The ad campaigns failed. The form factor has actually been copied (some would say stolen) as the Blackberry Torch. No idea how their sales are, but it doesn't seem like a failure in form as much as a failure in making good on their word.

And, truth be told, the things I don't like about the original Pre (which I still own) were mostly fixed on the Pre2 and improved on this new Pre3.

It's the waiting until some unknown point in time that bugs me. I've had my Pre since July 2008. I'm ready for a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post
    How about I start with a dual core processor..and I am sure iphone 5 will have it this summer?
    Yeah, I could really go for less battery life, which is, the most important thing to most people.
    [QUOTE=Retzius;2856312]How about I start with a dual core processor..and I am sure iphone 5 will have it this summer? [/QUOTE

How do you know the phone needs a dual core processor to run smoothly and efficiently?
    So not impressed. Looks like the same crap hardware thats in my pocket right now. I say it again what I have had said many times before. If someone whats to do something really great. Figure out a way to port web os on to some other hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKraemer View Post
    I'm not sure you could say it "failed." The quality of the build failed. The ad campaigns failed. The form factor has actually been copied (some would say stolen) as the Blackberry Torch. No idea how their sales are, but it doesn't seem like a failure in form as much as a failure in making good on their word.

And, truth be told, the things I don't like about the original Pre (which I still own) were mostly fixed on the Pre2 and improved on this new Pre3.

It's the waiting until some unknown point in time that bugs me. I've had my Pre since July 2008. I'm ready for a new phone.
    The blackbery torch was a huge failure it is already in the discount bin. Just google it. Personally I don't mind the slider phone but apparently most of the consumers who are looking for phones do.. Now apple may be able to pull it off only because they seem to have the ability to instill cult like feelings in their consumers.