Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 419
  1. #241  
    If i had to compare it to devices on the market now? Yes i would be impressed. However, when it's actually released in say june? Nah i seriously doubt it's gonna have a chance. All that ecosystem crap is worthless because their flagship device and tablet sibling are seasons away. Android and Ios have way better ecosystems and whatever advantage we can take from today will be obsolete because competitors will once again steal ideas and put the abilities of webos down. It's crazy how palm or Hp's smartphone division has no clue how to compete in the mobile os arena. They're as bad as microsoft.
  2. #242  
    also, why are so many people disappointed w/ the 5MP camera? It's a cell phone, more megapixels = BAD. The huge thing I find with it is finally, autofocus! I also hope it has a short MFD of like 6". If not, THAT will be a huge disappointment to me.
  3. bjs188's Avatar
    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #243  
    i like, I want. Tell the android spec freaks to kiss my 1.4 ghz. and 16 gb is fine for storage. more than that on a PHONE is stupid. embrace the cloud already. If you have that much music, use a streaming service. come to think of it, no mention of nuTsie?
  4. #244  
    If i had to compare it to devices on the market now? Yes i would be impressed. However, when it's actually released in say june? Nah i seriously doubt it's gonna have a chance. All that ecosystem crap is worthless because their flagship device and tablet sibling are seasons away. Android and Ios have way better ecosystems and whatever advantage we can take from today will be obsolete because competitors will once again steal ideas and put the abilities of webos down. It's crazy how palm or Hp's smartphone division has no clue how to compete in the mobile os arena. They're as bad as microsoft. I have no more fight in me. It's nothing im particularly interested in right now. Maybe MWC sprint will have something interesting. I won't leave sprint because at this point webos is great but i now know hardware is months away. I might switch to another os for the time being, im not sure.
  5. #245  
    This competes well with the current phones and OS's. iOS and android will be even further ahead by summer. Thats why it's a fail.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetum View Post
    I see a lot of the same complaints and disagree with most. I will explain each individually:

    "I'd rather have dual core then a fast single core"

    Why? As long is its quick, smooth, snappy, handles multiple tasks flawlessly, and has a good battery life, thats all you should be concerned with. Until mobile software and apps are optimized for multi-core processors a dual core phone will not out-perform a faster, single core processor, they will just drain more battery.

    "16GB is not enough!"
    Again why? The future is the cloud. You don't need to store anything on your phone anymore. Massive storage on portable devices is obsolete.

    "Why the same form factor and no slab?"
    There are tons of slab phones on the market to choose from do you need another one? I know you want one with webOS, and I can understand that. Maybe if we you keep bugging HP they will listen. But personally I like a vertical hardware keyboard, which is ideal for one-handed typing.

    "The screen is too small"
    Well its bigger then the older pres, and much higher resolution. Why does it have to be so huge? Its a phone. If you want a huge screen get a tablet! The TouchPad looks pretty awesome

    Personal final thoughts
    It sounds like many of you were hoping for a EVO/Droid/iPhone with WebOS. If you really need a ginormous slab phone, then you should probably just give up on WebOS and get something else.

    I was disappointed that there was no mention of carriers or 4G. (well HSPA+ which is what T-Mobile and ATT are now calling 4G, but no mention of wimax or LTE). Even though I have defended the hardware spec's and feel they are competative, and even though I love WebOS, No 4G could be the deal breaker for me. Especially if I stick with Sprint, where I will be paying for 4G anyway with any new smartphone upgrade.
    You are totally missing the point of the posters. It is obvious you are pretty happy with the announced specifications. You are also in the minority. Many WANT to be able to use a bigger, better phone with the WebOS. The software is palm's last shining achievement. As for the device, it has to be able to compete in this global market.

    And the Xoom tablet looks better spec wise than the HP unit. Which unit is going to sell more, do you think? So much for the WebOS.
  7. #247  
    Honestly I am really liking the Pre3. Front-facing cam, 1.4ghz qualcomm, voice dailing, and I have always liked the form factor...but wth is up with all this waiting until spring and summer. That just makes nosense to me HP has had how long to work these devices and we still gotta wait. That's just down right stupid marketing in my opinion!!
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    i like, I want. Tell the android spec freaks to kiss my 1.4 ghz. and 16 gb is fine for storage. more than that on a PHONE is stupid. embrace the cloud already. If you have that much music, use a streaming service. come to think of it, no mention of nuTsie?
    Interesting....wasn't there news recently of Google introducing a streaming music service in the cloud....?

    Android = Google = Cloud based storage, gps mapping, document editing, etc....

    HP = the 'new' guy trying to do what Google already does
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    You are totally missing the point of the posters. It is obvious you are pretty happy with the announced specifications. You are also in the minority. Many WANT to be able to use a bigger, better phone with the WebOS. The software is palm's last shining achievement. As for the device, it has to be able to compete in this global market.

    And the Xoom tablet looks better spec wise than the HP unit. Which unit is going to sell more, do you think? So much for the WebOS.
    The Xoom tablet has a better operating system then the Touchpad?

    You live in Canada, who cares what you think.
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    And the Xoom tablet looks better spec wise than the HP unit. Which unit is going to sell more, do you think? So much for the WebOS.
    Why do you people keep acting as if specs are what sells things?...

    No one's even HEARD of the Xoom tablet, unless they frequent blog sites like Engadget...

    So hurray...about %0.0000013 of the consumer market lets specs determine what they buy ...

    While the rest of the world is under the impression that the iPad is the first and only device of it's kind...

    If anyone expects to compete these days, they damn well better ADVERTISE...Palm failed on that front, and I'm almost positive HP will continue that trend with these new products...I sure hope I'm proven wrong...
  11. #251  
    arrghhh!!!!


    "How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  12. smorkin's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #252  
    it's funny to me how emotional people are getting over this. and feel the need to belittle something they haven't even seen firsthand. if you don't like it, don't buy it. this is america. at least it was the last time I checked.

    don't p_ss in anybody else's corn flakes, because of your own disappointment.
    can't fix stupid...
  13. bjs188's Avatar
    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #253  
    did you see the engadget hands on. Veer... very fast. Pre3, redonkulous speed. Freakin' amazing, and not overclocked
  14. #254  
    I am in Europe so here is to me ****ing on your flakes!!!


    "How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    No I'm not impressed.
    1.4 Ghz - speedy
    Released this summer...ummm...not so speedy when compared against dual cores at 1.2 Ghz or higher.

    Larger screen - great.
    About the same size screen as the previous high end phones (prior to 4" & 4.3 & 4.5") - not so great

    Memory - about the same as everyone else.

    Apps - almost none in comparison to Android and Apple

    This is the phone that should have been released in 2010 (albeit with a 1ghz core). Rolling into the middle of 2011 I expect a dual 1Ghz-1.2Ghz phone with a 4.3" or larger AMOLED+ screen.

    Curious what the pricing is. If it was released right now I might consider buying it for $300 bucks just to get me through to the real phones this summer. More and more it looks like I'm going to be jumping ship from my Palm Pre (original). As much as I love the WebOS, its all about competition and other phones simply do more for the dollar.
    You hit the bulls eye. Palm Pre users have been waiting, waiting, and more waiting and they can't even come out with a phone that can compete for the summer with others, ie. Atrix, iphone, Bionic.

    We have waited and Hp has failed to deliver again...Just like the release of the Pre 2 which isn't even out yet. Also, Sprint was never thrilled with the Palm Pre because of all the returns and problems it caused. Yet Hp goes builds a phone with the same damn design and now people are wondering why Sprint may not even carry it, really not tough to figure why.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post
    You hit the bulls eye. Palm Pre users have been waiting, waiting, and more waiting and they can't even come out with a phone that can compete for the summer with others, ie. Atrix, iphone, Bionic.

    We have waited and Hp has failed to deliver again...Just like the release of the Pre 2 which isn't even out yet. Also, Sprint was never thrilled with the Palm Pre because of all the returns and problems it caused. Yet Hp goes builds a phone with the same damn design and now people are wondering why Sprint may not even carry out, really not tough to figure why.
    What does the Atrix, Iphone and Bionic have that the Pre3 doesn't?
  17. #257  
    Daggit...Im dissappointed. Where's the magnetic port were I can attach my mini vulcan canon, recharge my light saber and my Nissan Leaf simultaneously while watching Tron Man on yoututbe. There goes my multitasking.

    You all are tripping. The only complaint I have is the ETA and not knowing which carrier will carry it. Other that I'm gonna get it, bigger screen (slightly bigger than iphone4), bigger keyboard, snapdragon, touch to share....and you never know, they may add something in the future to the P3...Im sure there will be a another anouncement for carrier and release date...remember when Verizon and ATT&T got the Pre plus...more RAM and Hotspots.
  18. #258  
    I have to admit that as a guy holding a day 1 palm pre, I'm a little disappointed. I'm tired of this form factor. I was hoping for a horizontal slider, and some innovations. It looks like a beefed up version of the same old thing. Quite frankly, if it weren't for home brew, this phone would be quite useless to me.

    I do like the touchstone. I do like webOS. Are these things enough to keep me around? I've got a lot of thinking to do. I've been looking at the HTC EVO Shift. I can get this phone now.

    Do I really want to wait until June again like I did with this original pre?
  19. #259  
    Is this brick called a phone hahaha?
    No on-screen keyboard!
    No international non Latin support! Die a slow death stupid chimpanzee! The Chinese has gone beyond, well beyond! Palm stop thinking, you cannot do it anymore since duarte left you, have you seen the beauty of honeycomb!
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    I have to admit that as a guy holding a day 1 palm pre, I'm a little disappointed. I'm tired of this form factor. I was hoping for a horizontal slider, and some innovations. It looks like a beefed up version of the same old thing. Quite frankly, if it weren't for home brew, this phone would be quite useless to me.

    I do like the touchstone. I do like webOS. Are these things enough to keep me around? I've got a lot of thinking to do. I've been looking at the HTC EVO Shift. I can get this phone now.

    Do I really want to wait until June again like I did with this original pre?
    You mean HP is doing exactly what Apple has done with it's Iphone? I guess you know what you should do.

Posting Permissions