Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by previous2pre View Post
    DLNA... look it up. My buddy with his super cheap LG Vortex can stream 1080P to the big screen.
    good for him
    I think its freaking fantastic! On the whole keyboard thing I had a slab as my first smart phone which I loved but switched to the pre even though I wasn't a huge fan of the keyboard because I loved the idea of webos and synergy and you what I got over the fact that it didn't have an onscreen keyboard real fast. If this comes out for Sprint I will be there in line to buy it, with or without my upgrade. I think half of you tech nerds don't even understand the features your demanding, you just read in some blog its the latest and greatest and therefore every new product that doesn't have X.Y. and Z is a fail. That's just stupid. Webos is what makes these products so great and the hardware is just icing on the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetum View Post

"16GB is not enough!"
    Again why? The future is the cloud. You don't need to store anything on your phone anymore. Massive storage on portable devices is obsolete.
    I'm going to take some issue with that. I agree that 16GB built in is plenty, but I disagree with portable storage being obsolete, specifically in the form of interchangeable micro-SD cards. I don't think a phone NEEDS the ability to use them but the tablet still should have that ability as a standard feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
    I'm impressed, but I wish they were a bit more forward thinking with the hardware. I wish they included more memory, 32 GB (or a microSD card slot), and LTE. Everything else looks great. Some very innovative concepts going on with WebOS.
    I wanted tha micro sd, u right - that has to be coming, there is a card folder in 1.4.5 when u use internals, 2.x.x is out, make a phone with tha expansion- nowwwww!!!, still love the pre3- Release asap.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I like the new pre! Looks pretty amazing, now if it will only come to sprint

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    just got rid of my evo phones os is very boring lots of little things I didn't like about it. Don't miss it at all as for the pre 3 still hoping they have a candy bar come out but it will do just fine just miss 4g though
    I think 4G will come depending on which carrier the phone will be released on.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Ok people, we have one of the best homebrew communities out there. I know they already have a homebrew virtual keyboard. If they want the slab feel then by all means add the homebrew keyboard. It's that simple. Then you will have EXACTLY what you want. Im still a pre minus owner and love all the features of this new phone. I will be rushing out for it and yes, i will be installing the virtual keyboard on it along with all the other homebrew apps that i have grown to love.
    impressed? no. I sorta wanted to see a thin keyboardless 4" phone. But I wasn't holding my breath for it. The form factor is actually more or less exactly what I wanted (assuming the sliding mechanism is worlds better than the Pre- ).

What's disappointing is there isn't a dual core chip in there. 1.4ghz would be fine if I could buy it tomorrow. But... "summer?" That's the other huge disappointment.

Will I buy it? Hard to say. If my 2nd Pre can hold out till then, I'll be inclined to just because I favor webOS. But there's a lot of time between now and june for HTC to put something out on sprint.

I don't care about 4G right now, not widespread enough. It's not a deciding factor for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    The guy above you and the leading phone smart maker on the market thinks it benefits to have more then 8GBs of space. I'll side with them. Cause one of them knows sell a hell of lot of phones. And i just think you need to appeal to the widest range. I'll be honest i don't think the general public liked the pre so i think making 3 phones that all kinda look like that is a mistake. Recognizable product line is fine. I just they needed a fresh look. Personally i think it's all about their tablets with them. I think phones are an after thought. I always have and the amount of time it seemed they spent on tablets in the presentation doesnt' really change my mind. That said I think they should have release both a slider and a slab. My slider also wouldn't have been a portrait but that's my thing, partly preference, partly a recognition that they seem to sell better then portraits do. Tablet's aside cause they aren't really my thing i think the phones they announced appeal to the base but less so beyond that. I don't think they suck or anything. But i don't think these days just not sucking is enough.
    This is exactly how I feel...

The Pre 3, I find more and more impressive the more I read/see...
    The Veer, however, I think is a bit overkill...THAT should have been a slab...
    I can't imagine too many people would want a super small slider...didn't the Motorola Cliq and the Kin phone already fail in those departments?...
    it was a mixed bag and hp had so much damn time I'm disappointed. They made the screen bigger and better. But look @ all that emtpy @ the top and bottom of the phone. The screen could have easily been 4" on the same device. Secondly the battery. Cmon on man! That battery is horrible especially considering the processor these things will be sporting. Lastly I don't like that every phone hp has looks like a pre. It's tired especially considering they will all be out within 4 months of each other. The hardware is better, much better but it isn't top of the line. But the software looked good. And if the apps come it'll have some success. Hopefully the phones dropping later in the year use diffirent materials different shapes and cutting edge hardware outside of processors. Nehoo I'm getting one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlsports View Post
    their biggest competitor is Google. & they are WAY behind, even w/ the better OS. Thought they would have learned the lesson of verical slider oreo effect. Guess not. Screen size barely acceptable, ram adequate, storage minimally acceptable, camera good,& good luck videocalling on a 3G network!
    *** is a "vertical slider oreo" effect?...

I'm satisfied with the phones specs and, in case you haven't been paying attention, everyone who's tried it hands-on is impressed with it too...

Lmao @ screen size barely acceptable...why can't you just admit that the problem is with you and not the phone?...
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    good for him
    That the best you can come up with?
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    it was a mixed bag and hp had so much damn time I'm disappointed. They made the screen bigger and better. But look @ all that emtpy @ the top and bottom of the phone. The screen could have easily been 4" on the same device. Secondly the battery. Cmon on man! That battery is horrible especially considering the processor these things will be sporting. Lastly I don't like that every phone hp has looks like a pre. It's tired especially considering they will all be out within 4 months of each other. The hardware is better, much better but it isn't top of the line. But the software looked good. And if the apps come it'll have some success. Hopefully the phones dropping later in the year use diffirent materials different shapes and cutting edge hardware outside of processors. Nehoo I'm getting one!
    Why doesn't apple come out with a phone with a physical keyboard?
    Why does every iphone have to be the same form factor?
    Why doesn't Android and iphone multitask like WebOS?

If you don't like the Palm form factor, go find another company to gripe about?
    Quote Originally Posted by previous2pre View Post
    That the best you can come up with?
    If I have to show you that the human eye can't really detect much difference between 720 and 1080, I feel sorry for you
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    What is cutting edge hardware to you?
    I LIKE AND WANT ONE! CDMA 4G plus worldphone!!! I've been looking for a phone like that for a long time!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    No I'm not impressed.
    1.4 Ghz - speedy
    Released this summer...ummm...not so speedy when compared against dual cores at 1.2 Ghz or higher.

Larger screen - great.
    About the same size screen as the previous high end phones (prior to 4" & 4.3 & 4.5") - not so great

Memory - about the same as everyone else.

Apps - almost none in comparison to Android and Apple

This is the phone that should have been released in 2010 (albeit with a 1ghz core). Rolling into the middle of 2011 I expect a dual 1Ghz-1.2Ghz phone with a 4.3" or larger AMOLED+ screen.

Curious what the pricing is. If it was released right now I might consider buying it for $300 bucks just to get me through to the real phones this summer. More and more it looks like I'm going to be jumping ship from my Palm Pre (original). As much as I love the WebOS, its all about competition and other phones simply do more for the dollar.
    *pitches up tent outside Bell store*

Anyone else equally stoked can join me.

=P
    Quote Originally Posted by gergan View Post
    It's because the trolls here are android lovers, and try to sublimate the ugliness of the UI with specs
    Agree, but still there's so much difference that webOS is going to be the underdog for a while again, and that's a dead sentence

I'm hopping the Amazon/Kindle deal, brings lots of new users, with different profile (no so spec-obsessed), but I don't tink so. Apple is so strong, and Android is the only alternative people knows...