Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    A few months ago I posted that I wanted a 3.7" portrait slider with document editing and working GPS. Since I got most of that I'm satisfied.

BUT!!!!

The aspect ratio of the phone has totally changed, and the 3 is not that much wider than the +. Not even 5 mm. That has me worried about the keyboard, but Engadget and BGR both say it's good, so I'll wait to see. On the HP web page they now clarify that GPS only works where there is cell coverage and may cost extra.

Now if the apps show up, then yes, I'll be happy.

In the videos, it seems to scream, so that's good, but it will probably be hungry. Oh well, cost of living in the 21st century.

Regarding the keyboardless phone, I truely believe that's coming. Not for me, but I think it will be announced later this year.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Specs are worth the wait.. Everyhing I needed they have on the new device... Screen is impressive 480X 800.. Processor 1.4 from 500 ghz (original pre)... Camera (autofocus) 5 meg.. All around... Good stuff... Front facing auto focus camera.. A spec 6east.. And with TRUE MULTITASKING... GOT 2 love there drive.. Now the 2 6iggest questions.. Is Sprint Getting it and when? Cause I want it now...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I am surprised by all the talk about the cell network bands that are or are not on the Pre3. Currently on the Palm site, there are no published network specs for the Pre3.
    However there are for the Veer.
    I know they "said" what it will be at the event but my thought is that until it is published it is not etched in stone.
    So in my mind 4G speeds and Sprint are still a possibility.

My biggest, deal breaking question still stands and most likely will not be able to be answered until the Pre3 and Veer are released.

Is the build quality any good?
    As much as I have loved WebOS, if the build quality isn't there then I will not buy another.
    Plain and simple.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I see a lot of the same complaints and disagree with most. I will explain each individually:

"I'd rather have dual core then a fast single core"

Why? As long is its quick, smooth, snappy, handles multiple tasks flawlessly, and has a good battery life, thats all you should be concerned with. Until mobile software and apps are optimized for multi-core processors a dual core phone will not out-perform a faster, single core processor, they will just drain more battery.

"16GB is not enough!"
    Again why? The future is the cloud. You don't need to store anything on your phone anymore. Massive storage on portable devices is obsolete.

"Why the same form factor and no slab?"
    There are tons of slab phones on the market to choose from do you need another one? I know you want one with webOS, and I can understand that. Maybe if we you keep bugging HP they will listen. But personally I like a vertical hardware keyboard, which is ideal for one-handed typing.

"The screen is too small"
    Well its bigger then the older pres, and much higher resolution. Why does it have to be so huge? Its a phone. If you want a huge screen get a tablet! The TouchPad looks pretty awesome

Personal final thoughts
    It sounds like many of you were hoping for a EVO/Droid/iPhone with WebOS. If you really need a ginormous slab phone, then you should probably just give up on WebOS and get something else.

I was disappointed that there was no mention of carriers or 4G. (well HSPA+ which is what T-Mobile and ATT are now calling 4G, but no mention of wimax or LTE). Even though I have defended the hardware spec's and feel they are competative, and even though I love WebOS, No 4G could be the deal breaker for me. Especially if I stick with Sprint, where I will be paying for 4G anyway with any new smartphone upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Still... nice words about WebOS from BGR are good to hear
    Didnt they comment that the original WebOS was a step ahead in multitasking to begin with, the reviews of 2.x.x have been out there and the Pre3 has that, I thought they were reviewing the hardware, not the existing used software. Wasnt just a couple weeks ago with the hype for the Pre 2 and all of a sudden the Pre3 is tossed out there with a hardware overhaul, but the same OS that was reviewed before.
    Pre3 is great...for 2010. Not so much for 2011.
    Everyone says by summer its outdated? They are making other phones people. This phone will be on sale in the summer. Who says a new phone wont be setup for release 6months later. There is always somehting with better specs coming. Its the way it is. You can keep chasing it all you want. You will be saying the dual core android phones are outdated also because something better will come shortly after.
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts
    Does Pre3 have Gorilla Glass?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetum View Post
    No 4G could be the deal breaker for me. Especially if I stick with Sprint, where I will be paying for 4G anyway with any new smartphone upgrade.
    Nota Bene, HP and Sprint! This view is shared by many.
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    Are people seriously complaining about the lack of 1080p, on a phone?! The optics and electronics are so small that even with 10,000,000,000p, you're not going to notice a significant difference other than huge file sizes.

I'm getting it if it's available for Sprint. After 1.5 years on the Pixi's small screen, which isn't nearly as annoying as the absurdly slow processor (which makes multi-tasking a moot point as you could probably get everything done just as fast, if not faster, in serial tasking on the iPhone), I look forward to the upgrade, even if the keyboard oreo's off. I can't take a slow phone anymore. Waiting 3 minutes for Google maps to come up is bull**** (my RAZR was quicker). IMAP taking forever to load message(s) is bull****. Email is so slow on the Pixi, it's faster to check gmail through the web browser than the email app.
    DLNA... look it up. My buddy with his super cheap LG Vortex can stream 1080P to the big screen.
    its pointless. If you like webos you just got a great phone to go with it. If you like android you shouldnt be looking at this phone anyway.
    When I saw the Pre 3, I thought 2 things:1) It probably won't impress the tech/spec nerds because it doesn't have a 4+ inch screen. 2) It really sounds like the phone I want to replace my Pre+ with.

On an additional note, it is very rare that I am interested in getting differing gadgets from the same "family" of products (Usually one company makes a desirable widget, but another company makes a more desirabe sprocket.) This is the first time I feel that the interactivity between the Pre phone and the Touchpad offer something together that is more compeling than looking to get "separates" from two different companies.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    This is a decent evolution, but should have been the Pre 2 (i.e. nix the 2 altogether). No 4G, no respect. PERIOD.

Apple will announce 4G with two months to compete with Android and HP will be trying to figure out what to do with the 2s they built and no one bought.
    For a FLAGSHIP WebOS phone I certainly was expecting a lot better. You're right this is like a Pre2, about 2 years too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    its pointless. If you like webos you just got a great phone to go with it. If you like android you shouldnt be looking at this phone anyway.
    I like Android but I was hoping for WebOS to succeed in a big way. This is kind of a like a fizzle...
    I'm actually happy with what has been announced for the Pre 3. It is an upgraded Pre - same form factor and real keys. It's what Pre "lovers" will want becasue that's why they bought the original, and I'm thrilled HP (and what's left of Palm) remained somewhat loyal to the original concept. HP may be coming out with other form factors to directly compete with the EVO and iPhone, but that model won't be a "pre". It'll be something new. Good - we all like something different.
    Hahahahaha, im glad for change, have the pre minus, and i dont care, if its not the best new thing released, its like selecting a laptop with an x4 or an i7, all things wont match up the same, but u get the one thats closest to what u want spec wise compared to competition & finally u pick the os u prefer- some people pay 3-650 dollars more for a mac with equal specs to a pc, because they love the os, and thats good for them, i dont and all i know, there is a webos device,... about to be released,... that has a larger screen,... a 1.4ghz proc,..wireless n,..awesome ui,...and the greatest homebrew dev community on this planet that know just what to do with those specs to make the iphone 5, or the droid super duper pro extreme mean nothing to me... when i saw tha pre3 and spec sheet. i just busted out laughing- cause its a phone that will keep up with anything thrown at it, and HP will probably be releasing devices more frequent than palm was able to do alone-
    Im satisfied-
    Hey if the touchpad has a 4g radio maybe pre 3 will also! Someone is going to sell it on a 4g network.
    So I'm going onto Sprint.com and asking their customer support where the new Palm phones are because I don't see them on their site... Sure is a shame... You know cause I want to give them money for a phone, but I just don't see those new Palm phones that were announced today on their website...
    Quote Originally Posted by friendben View Post
    I'm actually happy with what has been announced for the Pre 3. It is an upgraded Pre - same form factor and real keys. It's what Pre "lovers" will want becasue that's why they bought the original, and I'm thrilled HP (and what's left of Palm) remained somewhat loyal to the original concept. HP may be coming out with other form factors to directly compete with the EVO and iPhone, but that model won't be a "pre". It'll be something new. Good - we all like something different.
    agreed - 100%
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    their biggest competitor is Google. & they are WAY behind, even w/ the better OS. Thought they would have learned the lesson of verical slider oreo effect. Guess not. Screen size barely acceptable, ram adequate, storage minimally acceptable, camera good,& good luck videocalling on a 3G network!
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    So first, everyone complained about wanted a bigger screen, and now that it's coming, it's not big enough? Even tho it's a little bigger than their primary competitor's?...

This site is hilarious...

To put things in perspective, there's another phone that's barely changed it's form factor from the first iteration, yet it's all I hear people brag about these days...bet you can't guess what that phone is...
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast