Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77
  1.    #1  
    Granted I'm going off that picture on HP's site of the Veer, Pre3 and TouchPad BUT, assuming they're all done to their real proportions:

    The TouchPad is ~9.56 inches tall (same as the iPad). In the pic it's 34.7 pixels tall. That's 3.629 pixels per inch.

    The Pre 3 in the pic is 14.3 pixels tall, so it works out to ~3.94 inches tall - EXACTLY the same size as the Palm Pre/Plus!

    VERY BIG FAIL.

  2. #2  
    Looks like HP is all-in on a tablet draw.
  3. #3  
    Cool story bro
  4. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #4  
    We will know in about 10 minutes.
  5. #5  
    Is a slab phone a "super" phone now? Every other company has released such an obvious popular form factor...months ago. I think HP missed the boat on this one. I hope someone asks them why they won't.
  6. #6  
    They haven't shown anything. And MobileCrunch and other blogs are really excited about preview units they got. Stop trolling, and take your *** to the ATT store for a blackberry.
  7. #7  
    i don't agree :d
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    i don't agree :d
    With what? My measurements or that it's a big fail to have the Pre 3 be the same size?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    They haven't shown anything. And MobileCrunch and other blogs are really excited about preview units they got. Stop trolling, and take your *** to the ATT store for a blackberry.
    NONE of them ever got to see a Pre 3. Only the tablet and one got to see the new "kin" type phone.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    With what? My measurements or that it's a big fail to have the Pre 3 be the same size?
    So what if the device is the same size, slightly larger screen, iPhone 4 resolution, great build quality, 1.2 GHz processor w/ ~1 GB of RAM, great keyboard. Still a fail?

    I agree with your measurements. But that alone doesn't mean it is a fail.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    So what if the device is the same size, slightly larger screen, iPhone 4 resolution, great build quality, 1.2 GHz processor w/ ~1 GB of RAM, great keyboard. Still a fail?

    I agree with your measurements. But that alone doesn't mean it is a fail.
    The screen can't be any bigger on the same size device because they need the gesture area.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Why would you call it a Pre 3 if it was anything more than an upgraded Pre?
    Same reason they called a Pre 2 a "2." It had faster processor, better slider and gorilla glass. I still say this is a FAIL.
  13. #13  
    Of course its a fail. They're too worried about their tablet.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    The screen can't be any bigger on the same size device because they need the gesture area.
    Well, shrink the gesture area a bit, move the screen up. IDK, if they could just make it a 3.5 inch screen (iPhone) that'd be fine.
  15. #15  
    How about waiting for the announcements to make your comments!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    How about waiting for the announcements to make your comments!
    The posted image on HP's shopping site was an announcement. You disagree with my measurements?
  17. #17  
    ugh if its the same as my pre so disapointing. They may come out with another phone for all we know though.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    The posted image on HP's shopping site was an announcement. You disagree with my measurements?
    No, I would rather watch the announcement than moderate an argument.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think you need to wait to see first quarter sales results for these phones before you can really make any comments.
    Well, I can tell you I won't be wasting any money on a phone the same size as my Pre 2.
  20. #20  
    they already said they will release multiple phones...if not now later on...but quit your whining
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions