Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Wow you found a reeeeeally small font for your sig
    Lol, I'm not posting from my phone right now. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Lol, I'm not posting from my phone right now. lol
    I'm disappointed as a launch day Sprint Pre owner, but I have to admit that they are taking a company they purchased fairly recently and turning it around to start the momentum. I suspect that the real flood of impressive phone hardware is the next cycle...

Doesn't help us now though....argh!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not double the resolution, but we can all get our hands on it...."this summer".

Seriously?
    It is over double the resolution
    320x480= 153600
    400x800= 384000
    or 2.5 times the resolution to be exact.
    It's not quadruple the resolution that the iphone 3 was to the iphone 4 though.

Still I agree on the summer comment and I won't be getting the phone because I don't want another phone with a physical keyboard.
    Seems obvious that they focused on the tablet. But without the support that ther iPad or Android platforms have it will fail miserably. Just bein better is not enough, ask OS2...

No slab (non keyboard) phone is a deal breaker for me and I love WebOS and my Pre. But I really don't want the same old same old only bigger and a bit faster...
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Im happy. The only thing Im bummed about is the wait. Gimme now! lol.
    Pretty much as expected. HP is not going to go toe-to-toe with Apple/Google by releasing a slab (not yet anyway). They have their niche form factor that will continue to try and nip away at RIM. For a company that's been on the ropes for a few years, its a pretty impressive showing, definately alot for Prelovers to like. But, why did they even bother with the Pre2? Its JUST now getting out for Verizon and five months later, here comes the Pre3? The dust is still obviously still settling over at HP.
    I'm so tired of the pre form factor it don't make any sense... so I guess the code names was for the veer and pre 3?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Pre3 Looks fantastic. If a version isn't on Sprint imma rage+command+Q Sprint.
    Funny no comments about 4G either.
    I guess we have to 'think beyond' and maybe sometime in the future they will have it. Seems like 'think beyond' is just the new 'in the comming months'.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    It is over double the resolution
    320x480= 153600
    400x800= 384000
    or 2.5 times the resolution to be exact.
    It's not quadruple the resolution that the iphone 3 was to the iphone 4 though.

Still I agree on the summer comment and I won't be getting the phone because I don't want another phone with a physical keyboard.
    I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    Funny no comments about 4G either.
    I guess we have to 'think beyond' and maybe sometime in the future they will have it. Seems like 'think beyond' is just the new 'in the comming months'.
    Yeah they will announce 4G 'later this year'

Will carrier's even want this phone since it doesn't have 4G?
    Tablets are a fad! Look at the past, remember how big a deal the Digital Picture Frames were... remember a few years later how big a deal the Portable DVD Players were... remember a few years from now how much a failure the tablets were. You'll use it for 3 months and then it'll sit on your coffee table unused.

They are all the same form factor and are ultimately not functional outside of being a very fancy remote or used in specific situations i.e. doctors or construction foreman.

We've all known for years the exact screen size sweet spots and this will probably never change. The tablets fall in the 7-10" range which is not one of the sweet spots. Tablets are too big to be easily portable [read: fit in your pocket] and the screen size is too small to be used comfortably vs a larger laptop.
    Code:
       Cell/PDA    Laptop     Monitor       TV
         3-4"      14-16"      20-24"     42-56"
    Don't even get me started on the Veer and Pre3 form factors. Officially jumping ship to an Android device. I have been a loyal and devout Palm user since the Treo 600 (2003). I am hoping that somewhere in the future HP / Palm release a worthwhile device as I will fall back in line immediately.

Also a note on 4G. Sprint is in the middle of switch from WiMax to LTE and their infrastructure is not nearly ready. We'd be waiting another year or longer for hardware that supports 4G. All new phones released in the next 6 to 12 months (possibly longer) on Sprint will not have 4G.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I am on the fence for 4G today. If you live in an area serviced by it, it's great but if you don't ....

I can see the reasoning in not forcing a 4G phone today. Doesn't mean one won't be coming "in coming months"
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    Wow, pretty awful. Basically, a Pre with a .3" larger screen and higher resolution. That would have been a pretty good device -- if it came out last summer. As it is: *this* summer?

These guys just don't get it. The real shame is that the touchpad could have been a nice device, but what they did with the phones will kill the platform.
    Of course it will kill the platform. People will be rushing out to all those competing devices that integrate their tablet and phones; like ... um ... ahh ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    And that's perfectly fine. Everyone has their personal preference as to what they want in a smartphone. It just sucks that HP is sticking with ONE form factor. The new phones look just like the Pre, just bigger or smaller.

What about all the people who don't want a portrait slider phone with a medium-sized screen? WebOS has nothing to offer those people (and there are tons of them). Why cut out such a large chunk of the market?
    I'm thinking back to the previous "phone every two months". If these come out in the summer, that gives them time to announce a slab phone. And that technology involved to do one wouldn't be extensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm thinking back to the previous "phone every two months". If these come out in the summer, that gives them time to announce a slab phone. And that technology involved to do one wouldn't be extensive.
    That could happen... but I think alot of us who wanted the slab phone were waiting for this event to make a decision... So they may lose alot of loyal WebOS users who have sucked it up for a while hoping for what they wanted.. but they made the decision for us....
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234