Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    ugh if its the same as my pre so disapointing. They may come out with another phone for all we know though.
    Hope springs eternal on P|C... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    Wow, pretty awful. Basically, a Pre with a .3" larger screen and higher resolution. That would have been a pretty good device -- if it came out last summer. As it is: *this* summer?

These guys just don't get it. The real shame is that the touchpad could have been a nice device, but what they did with the phones will kill the platform.
    It does seem to be a pretty powerful device though. Just wish the screen was 0.7" bigger...
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'm really digging the tablet but putting out the phone so late means that everything cool about the interconnectivity will be ripped off by everyone else by summer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It's hard to smile after watching HP's #thinkdisappointment event... lol

I wasn't referring to you= just the serial nags.
    woot. the android astroturf brigade is out in force to poo-poo on any new webOS products. glad you came! HP touchpad blows the doors off any android tablet i've seen from a UX perspective.
    Guys, you have to remember that HP only bought Palm 10 months ago. Just wait for CES 2012.
    Man, I don't know why you guys are so harsh. A 3.6" screen, 1.4ghz dual core processor, what looks like a great keyboard (obviously I need to use it first to know). The only disappointment for me is the storage size and the screen resolution, but it's high enough to where it's no big deal. Just hope it comes out for AT&T at launch.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    woot. the android astroturf brigade is out in force to poo-poo on any new webOS products. glad you came! HP touchpad blows the doors off any android tablet i've seen from a UX perspective.
    I'll poo on any phone or platform that deserves it.

The Pre3 seems like a nice little device... Just not for me. I would love to have a 4"+ slab phone running webOS, but it looks like that isn't happening for a while.

Also disappointed with their vague release dates.
    At least this was better than Sprint's "We have a dual screen phone, it'll rock the world" lackluster extravaganza.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Man, I don't know why you guys are so harsh. A 3.6" screen, 1.4ghz dual core processor, what looks like a great keyboard (obviously I need to use it first to know). The only disappointment for me is the storage size and the screen resolution, but it's high enough to where it's no big deal. Just hope it comes out for AT&T at launch.
    Well, it's not a dual core phone, first off. It's basically last summer's Android specs -- except you get to wait a full year extra for it. Hooray!
    Goodluck with increasing market share from 3%. I think the only webOS fans are going to wait til summer to get this phone. Even tablet spec is pretty good today, but there will be much better spec should be coming out soon from apple and android honeycomb. Very disappointing. Like many people said, this should've been Pre 2 last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Not that bad a product, but again, specs are fairly unimportant. What will you do with said phone? When is 2.1 hitting US carriers? When can developers get in on the action? Why is the OMAP Palm pre 2 being given away as a developer device when their lineup is all Snapdragon at different resolutions? Why are customers going to flock to a phone announced 4-6 months ago?
    I am GLAD it doesn't have a 4" screen. Lighten up trolls.
    The device is not SLIGHTLY larger, look at the Gallery shot on the Palm website, it's an entire icon length different, and that's assuming it isn't stretching the thumbs at all. That gives it at least 1/2" length added on to the screen alone, it appears to be a bit wider as well. 3.6" is not small; it's close to size to the A855 Droid.

Not to mention the resolution.
    Fire Rubenstein
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not that bad a product, but again, specs are fairly unimportant. What will you do with said phone? When is 2.1 hitting US carriers? When can developers get in on the action? Why is the OMAP Palm pre 2 being given away as a developer device when their lineup is all Snapdragon at different resolutions? Why are customers going to flock to a phone announced 4-6 months ago?
    Good points, I agree with you there. I'm actually coming around to possible getting a tablet this year, and after seeing the presentation I would like to get the touch pad, however I'm still considering the iPad because of all the support it has. I can look at my iPhone and I see dozens of apps that would be better for me to use on a tablet, however when I look at my Pre plus, I really don't see any. The Pre 3 though I'm definitely going to get to replace my Pre plus though.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I am GLAD it doesn't have a 4" screen. Lighten up trolls.
    And that's perfectly fine. Everyone has their personal preference as to what they want in a smartphone. It just sucks that HP is sticking with ONE form factor. The new phones look just like the Pre, just bigger or smaller.

What about all the people who don't want a portrait slider phone with a medium-sized screen? WebOS has nothing to offer those people (and there are tons of them). Why cut out such a large chunk of the market?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    And that's perfectly fine. Everyone has their personal preference as to what they want in a smartphone. It just sucks that HP is sticking with ONE form factor. The new phones look just like the Pre, just bigger or smaller.

What about all the people who don't want a portrait slider phone with a medium-sized screen? WebOS has nothing to offer those people (and there are tons of them). Why cut out such a large chunk of the market?
    Wow you found a reeeeeally small font for your sig
    I think 3.7 inches is the sweet spot, but the bigger your screen is the less reason you have to own a tablet. If they gave me a 4 or 4.5 inch screen I wouldn't have need for the Touchpad.

Why can't these be released this month! This is so frustrating!
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I think 3.7 inches is the sweet spot, but the bigger your screen is the less reason you have to own a tablet. If they gave me a 4 or 4.5 inch screen I wouldn't have need for the Touchpad.

Why can't these be released this month! This is so frustrating!
    It's actually smaller than that - 3.58inches.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast