webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Hominid Software (Outline Tracker) > Zap Photoshare Released: Picture Sharing Over Wi-FI
Zap Photoshare Released: Picture Sharing Over Wi-FI
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DougReeder
  • 1 Post By DougReeder

Old 04/08/2012, 02:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

FYI, we've released an app which allows you to share pictures with other devices on the local Wi-Fi network (webOS or not). If you're sharing from a Pre3 or TouchPad to another Pre3 or Touchpad, you can initiate sharing using Touch-to-Share. Otherwise, you can initiate sharing using e-mail, IM, SMS or typing in the URL.

It requires webOS 2.2 or later.

Details and a video at Zap Photoshare
Thanked by amr h, Rnp
Old 12/05/2012, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

I really love this app, and use it a lot - especially TTS with my pre3. But one annoying thing is when im browsing the files on my TP, and I long tap to get the popup menu to save the photo locally the picture always moves to the next one in the roll and saves that one instead. Its kind of infuriating. Anyone else seen this behaviour?
Old 12/10/2012, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

There isn't an easy way to download photos from the thumbnail gallery yet. To download full-size pictures (rather than the reduced-sized images in the gallery),
  1. click the link for the list gallery, and find the photo again.
  2. Note the number in the lower-left. For example, 7 (of 15).
  3. Click outside the gallery to dismiss it.
  4. Find the number in the left-most column, and click the full-size link in that row.
  5. (On webOS devices, option-tap or tap-and-hold the picture, then select Copy to Photos.)

If you're feeling adventurous, try the experimental version of Zap (with image zooming) at Zap Photoshare Preview
Old 12/30/2012, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not a bad app at all ;-)

I would really value the ability to TTS and send photos to Touchpad. Is there an easy way to upload photos to the Touchpad anyway?
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
I would really value the ability to TTS and send photos to Touchpad. Is there an easy way to upload photos to the Touchpad anyway?
At this point, the easiest way to upload photos to a TouchPad is USB Drive Mode. (Unless you're downloading them from a Pre 3 or Pre 2 via Zap's new download button in the carousel in the thumbnail gallery!)
Old 01/11/2013, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes I'm aware of this and, yes, I wish to download from a Pre3. I just hope there's a developer out there reading this who wishes to do the same things as me - download photos.
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2013, 03:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

A questiuon tot the OP. I purchased zap photoshare on my touchpad over a year ago and also managed to get it on my Veer. The last one was the most important for me, because of the ability to show the pictures I just made with my Veer on my touchpad or someone's IPhone for example.

Some months later the app got updated en the ability to download it on the Veer disappeared. After a crash of my Veer I could't get it anymore. I am really missing the possibilities of this app on my Veer. Preware gives a download error when trying to install. The app catalog doesn't show the app for the Veer at all, just like it never did.

After purchasing the app on the touchpad I used prewar to get it on the Veer as well, since it's possible to get the same app on both devices of the same WebOS account.

Could you help me out with that issue?
DRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2013, 08:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
A questiuon tot the OP. I purchased zap photoshare on my touchpad over a year ago and also managed to get it on my Veer. The last one was the most important for me, because of the ability to show the pictures I just made with my Veer on my touchpad or someone's IPhone for example.

Some months later the app got updated en the ability to download it on the Veer disappeared. After a crash of my Veer I could't get it anymore. I am really missing the possibilities of this app on my Veer. Preware gives a download error when trying to install. The app catalog doesn't show the app for the Veer at all, just like it never did.

After purchasing the app on the touchpad I used prewar to get it on the Veer as well, since it's possible to get the same app on both devices of the same WebOS account.

Could you help me out with that issue?
You need App Tuckerbox from Preware. This would allow you to install in on all your devices AFAIK
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2013, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
You need App Tuckerbox from Preware. This would allow you to install in on all your devices AFAIK
i thought changes were made on HP's side that made apptucker redundant (as in no longer works) now?

App Tuckerbox - Your Apps On Your Devices

or has this been fixed of late and i missed it?

Last edited by geekpeter; 09/10/2013 at 04:28 AM.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2013, 02:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
That's how I got this app on my Veer in the first place after buying it on the TP. But when trying to install via preware using App Tuckerbox IPKG log gives this error "curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403". When tapping on catalog it says "Not a valid webOS application", according to the description the app is ment for the Veer though. And I have been using it successfully for months.

Any ideas?
DRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2013, 10:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Sorry for the tardy reply. Zap requires webOS 2.2, which was never officially released for the Veer (sigh), so the App Catalog isn't properly configured to distribute such apps to Veers, even ones running 2.2. :-(

DRS10, please send a Zap support email from your TouchPad and we'll get this resolved.

Tags
photo app, sharing, touch to share

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0