webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Hominid Software (Outline Tracker) > Logging finished tasks
Logging finished tasks

Old 10/04/2011, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

I'm new to webOS, coming from PalmOS - happy with my new Pre3. I'm considering now the purchase of Outline Tracker full version, and I'm testing the free light version. I use to work with Life Balance, Llamagraphics, so I have to switch, as they don't seem to port it to webOS.
One of the things I really really liked about Life Balance, is that you could log the finished tasks, when you used the app in combination with Natara Daynotez. The finished task would appear in Daynotez including time and date of finishing. These tasks could then be sorted in a nice overview. Very useful if you'd like to backtrack when you did that particular job.

Would something similar be possible with Outline Tracker? Not all tasks appear in the webOS calendar (tasks without due-date, repeating tasks disappear from it when a new date is 'in view'). And even if they did, it wouldn't be half as useful as a full, log-like, list of finished tasks.
Anyone knows of a nifty workaround, or would this be a feature for the wish-list?

Thanks!
David
Mr.Pleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2011, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Once you've copied a backup file to a desktop computer, you could scan the file for elements of the form

<input value="done" checked="checked" type="checkbox" name="doneBox">

and record the preceding text.

The file is XHTML, so you could use XML tools for this. Plain-text tools like "grep" might be useable if you ran it through a pretty-printer beforehand.
Old 10/06/2011, 04:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you very much for your quick reply, Doug! I think that would settle it for me. However, when trying to backup to file, I got the message 'not permitted to to send to ...'. I think that is one of the limitations of the free version, isn't it? If so, would it be possible to send me a sample XHTML-file, just to see if I could work with that?

Thank you very much in advance!
David
Old 10/09/2011, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

In my previous post I was assuming that the free version of Outline tracker wasn't supporting backups (to file or email), but now I'm not sure.
Anyone knows why, when backing up, I'm getting this message "Not permitted to send to com.outlinetracker.outlinetracker.file.service."? For sure, it doesn't make a backup somewhere.
Old 10/09/2011, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pleasant View Post
In my previous post I was assuming that the free version of Outline tracker wasn't supporting backups (to file or email), but now I'm not sure.
Anyone knows why, when backing up, I'm getting this message "Not permitted to send to com.outlinetracker.outlinetracker.file.service."?
Backups should work the same in the Free version as the paid.

That error means the app is corrupted. The solution for a corrupted app is to backup your data (heh) and re-install.

In your case, for each Local project, from the app menu, select Show Project Outline > [project name], then tap the scene header and select "Export via E-Mail". Then, run the Accounts app and delete all the Outline Tracker accounts. Then, delete Outline Tracker Free, and re-install from the App Catalog.
Old 10/10/2011, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you very much. I did as you said, and I reinstalled the app. But no luck, I still can not back up. Exactly the same message. The outline only contained one single note.
I really like the app, and would like to buy the full version. But I need to know if it can work on my device.
Can I supply you with anymore information for debugging?

Thanks!
David
Old 10/10/2011, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

After the problem occurs, please select Help from the app menu, then tap "Send E-Mail" and add a brief description of the problem.

Last edited by DougReeder; 10/10/2011 at 04:57 PM.
DougReeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2011, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'll do that, thank you!

Tags
finished tasks, logging, outline tracker

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0