Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1.    #1  
    Given HP's recent announcement concerning the imminent death of the webOS app catalog, I've uploaded all my apps to webOSNation which should make them available in Preware.

Specifically you can find the apps here:

Music Player (Remix) 2.5

GeoStrings

Quick Post
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I see them listed in the forums, but I can't sign in (I get "page not found"). When will they be in Preware? I assume the "precentral" feed?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I see them listed in the forums, but I can't sign in (I get "page not found"). When will they be in Preware? I assume the "precentral" feed?
    So if you go to the links in the post above, you get "Page not found"? I just tried the links and they work for me.

I have no idea when webOSNation homebrew apps show up in Preware. But Rod posted on Twitter that uploading to webOSNation should make it show up in Preware (https://twitter.com/webosinternals/s...76034227437568).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Did you replace some of your old free apps on here with these? The URL for QuickPost is for geostrings-free. The correct IPK does appear to have downloaded.
    ghmschulze likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you replace some of your old free apps on here with these? The URL for QuickPost is for geostrings-free. The correct IPK does appear to have downloaded.
    Yes, I replaced "GeoStrings Free" with Quick Post. I didn't see any way to submit new apps, so I figured that was the easiest thing to do.

I haven't added one recently, but when I go to the main 'Apps' page, in the upper right corner under the 'My Apps' list I have a link that says 'Add new app.' I guess it doesn't matter now since you have already uploaded the new one. I guess you can try that with your next new webOS app.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    So if you go to the links in the post above, you get "Page not found"? I just tried the links and they work for me.

I have no idea when webOSNation homebrew apps show up in Preware. But Rod posted on Twitter that uploading to webOSNation should make it show up in Preware (https://twitter.com/webosinternals/s...76034227437568).
    No, sorry-I get page not found when I click on Login to download the file.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    No, sorry-I get page not found when I click on Sign In to download the file.
    Use the Sign In link in the upper right corner of the page. It's likely the one in the app area is broken since they did the 'Passport' thing for the mobile nations sites.
  9.    #9  
    No, sorry-I get page not found when I click on Sign In to download the file.
    I would try going to the main webosnation.com site and sign in there. Then go to the "Apps" section and see if you can download the app.

10.    #10  
    I haven't added one recently, but when I go to the main 'Apps' page, in the upper right corner under the 'My Apps' list I have a link that says 'Add new app.' I guess it doesn't matter now since you have already uploaded the new one. I guess you can try that with your next new webOS app.
    I can't find any "My Apps" link anywhere on the "Apps" page.

Use the Sign In link in the upper right corner of the page. It's likely the one in the app area is broken since they did the 'Passport' thing for the mobile nations sites.
    That worked, thanks!

I hope the HP shutdown isn't followed by a shutdown here!
    That worked, thanks!

I hope the HP shutdown isn't followed by a shutdown here!
    Not if we can help it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Given HP's recent announcement concerning the imminent death of the webOS app catalog, I've uploaded all my apps to webOSNation which should make them available in Preware.

Specifically you can find the apps here:

Music Player (Remix) 2.5

GeoStrings

Quick Post
    All three of your apps are shining examples of what I loved about webOS and what made it so special.

Thank you so much for being a pillar of the webOS dev community for so long!

Have you given any thought to putting those apps on the FFXOS marketplace? In many ways, FFXOS is the spiritual successor to webOS, and the marketplace is honestly pretty barren of well-made apps. Your trio would really light a fire there and I know for sure I'd appreciate them.
    cbosdell likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    All three of your apps are shining examples of what I loved about webOS and what made it so special.

Thank you so much for being a pillar of the webOS dev community for so long!

Have you given any thought to putting those apps on the FFXOS marketplace? In many ways, FFXOS is the spiritual successor to webOS, and the marketplace is honestly pretty barren of well-made apps. Your trio would really light a fire there and I know for sure I'd appreciate them.
    Thanks I appreciate it. I'm currently developing for Android exclusively. Since all of my devices are running Android, I don't expect this to change any time soon.

These apps are still available in the app catalogue, so why not thank DanPLC by buying them while you still can?
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sicplayerremix
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ami.geostrings
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...dami.quickpost

Nearer Christmas, pivotCE will publish a list of developers who make their apps available elsewhere. Each entry will include a donation link (or whatever link is appropriate).

I made a handy thread for this! ;-)
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/16/2014 at 11:53 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    These apps are still available in the app catalogue, so why not thank DanPLC by buying them while you still can?
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sicplayerremix
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ami.geostrings
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...dami.quickpost

Nearer Christmas, pivotCE will publish a list of developers who make their apps available elsewhere. Each entry will include a donation link (or whatever link is appropriate).

I made a handy thread for this! ;-)
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

One thing to note about GeoStrings is that the app catalog has version 1.1.7. I pushed the 1.1.9 update about 2 months ago but HP never released it. So if you do pick up the version in the catalog, be sure to upgrade to version 1.1.9 found on webOSNation (or in Preware).

But to be clear, I wouldn't expect any further updates to the apps. The only reason I updated GeoStrings is because it had a major bug with the Business/Address searches due to a change in Google's APIs. If other major bugs pop up (due to API changes), I may issue an update depending upon the severity of the bug and my available time. But in general assume the apps will remain as they are today.

bought geostrings in app catalog and updated to 1.1.9 via webosnation/preware.

Thx for your support
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    bought geostrings in app catalog and updated to 1.1.9 via webosnation/preware.

Thx for your support
    I think you're like the 2nd person in 2 years to buy it! Hope you enjoy it!

I purchased Quick Post and Music Player (Remix) years ago but went ahead and purchased GeoStrings while I still could. Thanks for the great apps and support over the years!
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    I've had all three of your apps longer than I can recall. I think I purchased them all on my Pixi+, and Music Player Remix when I got my hands on a Pre2.

Dan, how do you feel about me trying to get them to run under FFXOS? Should we discuss the logistics in private?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast