Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think you're like the 2nd person in 2 years to buy it! Hope you enjoy it!
    Well it seems on Pre2 2.2.4 there is the same prob with map location functions, but there doesn't even seem to be that Pre3 "current location set" function.

But hey adress input works.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Well it seems on Pre2 2.2.4 there is the same prob with map location functions, but there doesn't even seem to be that Pre3 "current location set" function.

But hey adress input works.
    Yeah I think the map input function stopped working in Pre 2.2.4 due to HP replacing Google Maps with Bing Maps.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    I've had all three of your apps longer than I can recall. I think I purchased them all on my Pixi+, and Music Player Remix when I got my hands on a Pre2.

Dan, how do you feel about me trying to get them to run under FFXOS? Should we discuss the logistics in private?
    The app isn't going to run in another OS since it's developed using Mojo. But even if it was possible, I'd rather not deploy the app on any other platforms. The only exception is if I create a new version for that OS like I did for Android. But I'm only developing for Android and don't have any desire to develop for other platforms right now.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    When I got an android phone this summer, I searched through all of the music players to find Remix. I was happy to pay for a good app from a respectable developer. This move just confirms that I was right.
    I think you're like the 2nd person in 2 years to buy it! Hope you enjoy it!
    I just wish it was on android, too. I miss using it.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I just wish it was on android, too. I miss using it.
    I miss it too. But it's hard to justify putting in a lot of effort into something that few people would probably be willing to buy given they have free alternatives, including Google Now's reminders.

I'm currently developing for Android exclusively. Since all of my devices are running Android, I don't expect this to change any time soon.
    I'm thinking of buying QuickPost for facebook (not much for Twitter because I don't have an acct.) and Remix even though the stock player seems to be enough. However, one thing that I don't like its that developing efforts goes towards Android (Google operating system). Wish you could change your mind and do a bit of WebOS development work, despite the lack of hardware from WebOS.

Note to the Developer: I'm doing it to support developers that are kind enough(like you) to continue to stick around our WebOS community.... But hate that you moved to android and drop development for WebOS.
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 10/18/2014 at 04:14 PM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I'm thinking of buying QuickPost for facebook (not much for Twitter because I don't have an acct.) and Remix even though the stock player seems to be enough. However, one thing that I don't like its that developing efforts goes towards Android (Google operating system). Wish you could change your mind and do a bit of WebOS development work, despite the lack of hardware from WebOS.
    Sorry pal, but people have to eat. If he only gets two downloads a year on something, then of course the project is going on life support. At least he didn't just pull his apps like some other devs have...
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post

Note to the Developer: I'm doing it to support developers that are kind enough(like you) to continue to stick around our WebOS community.... But hate that you moved to android and drop development for WebOS.
    Actually I removed Quick Post from the Android play store a little while ago. So in that case, webOS was the only platform to have that app. I posted a long reason why I did it on Twitter so I won't get into it here. But basically I don't plan on updating Quick Post on any platform from here on out.

My webOS development days are done. It was a great time back in the day, but now I've moved all my personal devices to Android, so it makes sense for me to develop on that platform.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12