Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 250
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Intro

    The private beta for Music Player (Remix) on the TouchPad has begun. All discussion will be contained in this forum thread. Private beta members will use this forum thread to submit bug reports and other suggestions. Everyone else in the forum is welcome to join in with the discussion and post questions/suggestions about the app.

    (NOTE: If you're not in the private beta, please do not submit requests to be in the private beta here. I am looking for a few additional beta testers, but I've posted on my Twitter account the specific requirements. If you meet those requirements, you can send me a tweet).

    Beta testers, please test all aspects of the app (all screens) on the TouchPad. In addition to functional issues (which hopefully there won't be any), I'm looking for issues with visual layout. If you find any, please post a screenshot. Also for any beta testers who have webOS phones where you use Remix on a regular basis, please install the beta on there and report back any issues.

    Things to know before installing/testing the app

    - If you were running Music Player (Remix) on your TouchPad before using this beta, please uninstall it before installing the beta. If you don't, you may experience issues like the Now Playing screen not displaying properly (NOTE: this should be fixed in version 2.1.2).

    - If you were running Music Player (Remix) on your TouchPad before using the beta, universal search will not work since the media database changed in webSO 3.0. If this beta was the first installation of Remix on your TouchPad, universal search will work. (NOTE: this should be fixed in version 2.1.2)

    UI changes

    To accommodate the TouchPad form-factor, several changes to the UI were made. These include:

    - Since the TouchPad doesn't have a physical keyboard, you can't "just type" to search on any screen like you could in the phone version. So I've replaced the "Help" icon at the top of the screen with a "Search" icon. Tapping it will produce the on-screen keyboard.

    - Since the TouchPad has no gesture area, you can't swipe left-to-right to bring up the mini-controls on any screen. So to bring up the mini-controls, you tap anywhere at the top of the screen.

    - Since the TouchPad has no gesture area, you can't swipe right-to-left to go back a screen. To do this, tap at the top-left corner of the screen (near the left arrow).

    - On the Now Playing screen, when you tapped the "+" icon, a popup would appear at the bottom of the screen (on the phone version) giving you options ("Add to Flylist", "Fave It", etc.). This popup will now appear at the top of the screen. It'll be more ergonomic to tap at the top and then access the popup at the top, vs. tapping at the top and accessing the popup at the bottom.

    - Those are all the ones I can think of. If you find another UI change, let me know and I'll update this post.

    Known Issues

    - Orientation lock only locks in one orientation. This is due to a webOS bug that affects how Mojo apps on the TouchPad receive orientation change signals. (NOTE: This feature has been disabled on the TouchPad).

    - Music will not play while recording a karaoke session (aka the "a Capella" bug). This is due to a bug in webOS 2.2 and later that prevents audio from playing while audio is being recorded. If I can't workaround this bug, the karaoke feature will remain in the TouchPad version; however it'll be an "a Capella" recording feature.

    - Some lists may display a gray area at the bottom prior to scrolling (reports that it's more prevalent in Portrait orientation). (NOTE: This issue may be fixed in version 2.1.6)

    ChangeLog

    (NOTE: The changelog on the beta app's Help screen will not be updated during the beta. Here is the only place you'll find the up-to-date changelog).

    Version 2.1.8

    - When retrieving the list of albums, artists, or artist albums, handle the situation where the artist and/or album name is missing.

    - Duplicates would appear when leaving and going back to the Playlists or Genres screen.

    - If an artist or album had an ampersand (&), downloaded album art wouldn't appear on the Artist, Album, or Artist Album list screens.

    Version 2.1.7

    - Add thumbnails to the Albums, Artists, and Artist Albums screens. They will update dynamically if new album art is downloaded within the app. (TouchPad only)

    - Increase the font size on several of the list screens. (TouchPad only)

    - On the Songs screen, if you tapped the back button, chances are the app would freeze and the Home screen would never load.

    - If you view the songs of an album, then go back to the artist's album list, the album list duplicated itself.

    Version 2.1.6

    - Hopefully eliminate the grey areas that appear when scrolling on the Now Playing list.

    - Remove the "orientation lock" icon at the top of the Home screen. Due to a webOS bug related to orientation events in full-screen Mojo apps, this feature will not be possible. But the TouchPad's system-wide "rotation lock" feature should work fine.

    - If you doctored your phone, the download tickets for the previously downloaded album art may not be restored which would prevent future downloads of album art for that album.

    Version 2.1.5

    - Choosing a wallpaper image freezes orientation and messes up the screen in portrait orientation. (NOTE: Images may be slightly cropped when selected as wallpaper. This is unavoidable, but at least the orientation of the app isn't messed up).

    - When exiting playlist preview mode, a "Back" label is displayed when run on the phone (it should only appear on the TouchPad).

    - Changelog was being displayed during the second load after a new installation. It should only be displayed when a new version is installed.

    - Minor cosmetic change to some items on the Preferences screen.

    Version 2.1.2

    - Universal search wouldn't work if you had Remix installed prior to instaling the beta (NOTE: it will ask you for permission to the media database the first time you load this new version)

    - Overwrite the "super-sized album art" setting on the TouchPad. This setting should be disabled on the TouchPad.

    - Tapping the top area of the Lyrics screen should go back to the Now Playing screen instead of also pausing/playing the music.

    - Fix display of "humpty-dumpty" (hidden easter egg).

    - Increase the default lyrics font size on the TouchPad.

    - Increase width of song info in Now Playing playlist to take advantage of the TouchPad's screen size. Also make sure other screens switch widths immediately (without needing to scroll).

    Version 2.1.1

    - Fix display issues on the Karaoke screen.

    Version 2.1.0

    - Initial private beta release
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/08/2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Updated to version 2.1.8
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #2  
    Very glad to see you will develop a TP version after all!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Very glad to see you will develop a TP version after all!!!
    This is actually the phone version optimized to run full-screen on the TouchPad, not a completely new app. But I've designed it to run very well on the TouchPad.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #4  
    Beta testers: There are a few things I haven't been able to test on the TouchPad emulator. I'm supposed to be getting an actual device sometime this week, but until then it would helpful if you could test the following things:

    - Need to test Karaoke recording (on the Pre 3, the music does not play as it should when recording is enabled. I need to know if the same is true on the TouchPad).

    - Need to test Lyrics/Karaoke screen layout (what I'm looking for is specifically the screen layout when karaoke recording is enabled and when the recording is complete).

    - Need to test easter egg #4 (the solution is slightly different than the phone version...read the hint and try it out. Let me know if it works. If it doesn't, or you need a hint, please PM me...don't post the solution here in the public forum).

    - Choosing wallpaper in portrait mode causes display issues on the TouchPad emulator.

    - Won't switch orientation after choosing new wallpaper on the TouchPad emulator.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  5. #5  
    Orientation lock seems to always go to portrait. So when in landscape, it will rotate into portrait and lock. Anyone else noticing this? I'm on uberkernal (not overclocked though).

    also, it's nice to have a fast loading music player again. Though, I still thing webOS has some inherent issues w/ responsiveness.

    Regarding wallpaper picking in portrait mode: seems to work... and subsequently locks the orientation for me. i have to hit the lock orientation button twice turning it "on" then off. Normalcy seems to resume. Pikcing in landscape mode also seems to enable an orientation lock in the same manner. but looks like the attached file
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by linh.nguyen; 09/04/2011 at 04:06 PM.
  6. #6  
    Dan
    Thanks for letting me test the beta. I have it installed and am ready to start testing. I can confirm that choosing a new wallpaper will cause the app orientation to freeze if you are in portrait it stays there in lanscape it switches to protrait and freezes -- if you close and re-open the app functionality returns. if you choose the option to "use the devices wallpaper" this does not happen.
    If you are browsing for a wall paper and open a photo alblum and want to move back out there is no back button -- you have to either choose a wallpaper or shut the app.

    I like the mini player in the notification area.

    is there a way to remove the alblum art either entirely so that the wall paper will show or at least if there is no alblum art maybe the wallpaper could show through. just a thought


    thanks again
    Rob

    edit: Also i am using the F4 kernel running at 1.7 right now --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    Orientation lock seems to always go to portrait. So when in landscape, it will rotate into portrait and lock. Anyone else noticing this? I'm on uberkernal (not overclocked though).

    also, it's nice to have a fast loading music player again. Though, I still thing webOS has some inherent issues w/ responsiveness.
    Yes please let me know if other people see this. It may be a bug with Mojo emulation. On the emulator, it changes orientation; however does not detect orientation changes in the code (in the standard way).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8. #8  
    Dan, I edited my post to add more things.

    I shoudl also so the app doesn't freeze for me on the wallpaper issue. It just looks crappy. Things seem to work still.

    I will say, the portrait lock occurs after you select a wallpaper image for me. pick a wallpaper, then change you mind to go back. at that point, the app rotates into portrait and stays there till you chose a wallpaper and do the double tap orientation lock, or close and reopen.

    Also, what is karaoke mode supposed to do? it just sits and records for me.. no real notifiations of words or music other than the red recording icon (to which, it does indeed record)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Dan
    Thanks for letting me test the beta. I have it installed and am ready to start testing. I can confirm that choosing a new wallpaper will cause the app orientation to freeze if you are in portrait it stays there in lanscape it switches to protrait and freezes -- if you close and re-open the app functionality returns. if you choose the option to "use the devices wallpaper" this does not happen.
    If you are browsing for a wall paper and open a photo alblum and want to move back out there is no back button -- you have to either choose a wallpaper or shut the app.

    I like the mini player in the notification area.

    is there a way to remove the alblum art either entirely so that the wall paper will show or at least if there is no alblum art maybe the wallpaper could show through. just a thought


    thanks again
    Rob

    edit: Also i am using the F4 kernel running at 1.7 right now --
    Are you experiencing portrait orientation lock issues like Linh (without choosing wallpaper)?

    The back button on the photo selection screen should be on the bottom-left corner... at least it is on the emulator.

    There isn't a way to remove the album art since most people seem to like album art. And remember if your song/album doesn't have album art, you can download it within the app. Just tap on the song info on the Now Playing screen and then tap the album art at the top of the album song list screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Are you experiencing portrait orientation lock issues like Linh (without choosing wallpaper)?

    The back button on the photo selection screen should be on the bottom-left corner... at least it is on the emulator.

    There isn't a way to remove the album art since most people seem to like album art. And remember if your song/album doesn't have album art, you can download it within the app. Just tap on the song info on the Now Playing screen and then tap the album art at the top of the album song list screen.
    i can confirm that mine acts exacly like Linh's .. the missing back button is when you go into a alblum it shows the photos but there is no back button.

    Just because i am that kind of a guy i added remix as a widget in glimpse and if you open glimpse it will open remix in a new card. i don't think this is a bug just thought i would report the way it behaves
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    Dan, I edited my post to add more things.

    I shoudl also so the app doesn't freeze for me on the wallpaper issue. It just looks crappy. Things seem to work still.

    I will say, the portrait lock occurs after you select a wallpaper image for me. pick a wallpaper, then change you mind to go back. at that point, the app rotates into portrait and stays there till you chose a wallpaper and do the double tap orientation lock, or close and reopen.

    Also, what is karaoke mode supposed to do? it just sits and records for me.. no real notifiations of words or music other than the red recording icon (to which, it does indeed record)
    If you open the app, does the orientation lock into portrait mode, or does it only happen after choosing wallpaper?

    Karaoke mode should play the song while it's recording you singing. It doesn't play the song on the Pre 3. Apparently this functionality is broken in webOS 2.2 and later.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i can confirm that mine acts exacly like Linh's .. the missing back button is when you go into a alblum it shows the photos but there is no back button.

    Just because i am that kind of a guy i added remix as a widget in glimpse and if you open glimpse it will open remix in a new card. i don't think this is a bug just thought i would report the way it behaves
    The image selection screen is built into webOS so unfortunately I can't fix this.

    I think the Glimpse thing doesn't work because my app is a full-screen Mojo app... I think I remember reading that somewhere. You may want to ask Inglorious Apps about it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If you open the app, does the orientation lock into portrait mode, or does it only happen after choosing wallpaper?

    Karaoke mode should play the song while it's recording you singing. It doesn't play the song on the Pre 3. Apparently this functionality is broken in webOS 2.2 and later.
    If after choosing a wallpaper and getting stuck in portrait, restarting the app clears any issues (and the wallpaper does maintain what I picked) and nothing is locked.

    I will also echo choosing my device wallpaper fucntions fine, so it seems to be the actual image browsing causing issues? I, too, do not see a back button after selecting a gallery to pick from. Forgot to mention that as well.

    And on a related note...
    1) manually lock orientation w/ Remix lock. place touchpad in landscape position (yes, you're looking at things sideways now)
    2) proceed to gallery to pick a wallpaper.
    3) once you pick something, the preview right before "open photo" is in landscape mode, not portrait. so something isn't locking here.
  14. #14  
    Wow, this is awesome!! I've installed and played briefly with it. Will be devoting more time soon, have to run at the moment but just have to say that the Album Art looks gorgeous on the fullscreen! The way it is all falling into place with the bigger screen is amazing, Dan. It feels like a native app! Will play with Karaoke soon. Tried the pinch to zoom on the lyrics and that is SWEET!
  15. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #15  
    When playing the Back button is under the - & + icons.

    Sorry I tried to add a screen shot from my TouchPad but was unable to when I made the post. I have added a screen shot now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by noseph; 09/04/2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added screen shot
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    When playing the Back button is under the - & + icons.
    Can you provide a screenshot?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Wow, this is awesome!! I've installed and played briefly with it. Will be devoting more time soon, have to run at the moment but just have to say that the Album Art looks gorgeous on the fullscreen! The way it is all falling into place with the bigger screen is amazing, Dan. It feels like a native app! Will play with Karaoke soon. Tried the pinch to zoom on the lyrics and that is SWEET!
    That was my goal. On the emulator it feels like it will be nice to use on the big screen. Can't wait to try it on an actual device.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    If after choosing a wallpaper and getting stuck in portrait, restarting the app clears any issues (and the wallpaper does maintain what I picked) and nothing is locked.
    Ok that's good to hear. I'll have to follow up with HP to find out if the image picker has known issues with Mojo apps.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  19. #19  
    is anyone having more trouble pasting in this app? in particular, the twitter setup (pasting pin)?

    twitter works, fyi, heh.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    is anyone having more trouble pasting in this app? in particular, the twitter setup (pasting pin)?

    twitter works, fyi, heh.
    What's the trouble exactly? If you use the "paste" option in the app menu, it doesn't work?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions