Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #161  
    I released version 2.1.6. Please read the changelog in the first post of this thread.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    SilvrDrgn, are you still seeing the gray? I think we're the only two that reported it. I'm still seeing it in 2.1.6.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    SilvrDrgn, are you still seeing the gray? I think we're the only two that reported it. I'm still seeing it in 2.1.6.
    I'll have to play around with the settings when I get my own TouchPad. But I'm pretty sure I know what's causing it. I just can't reproduce it on the emulator.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I released version 2.1.6. Please read the changelog in the first post of this thread.
    I happily confirm that my issues with errors trying to update album art or restore album art are gone. It downloads just fine now in 2.1.6! Thanks! That was driving me nuts!
    If you have a song that never works, then please email it to me. Also let me know which of the images for that song is failing.

Also please install the latest beta on your phone and let me know if you have the same issue with the song.
    Dan,

Not sure what changed, but the problem albums I was having is now working perfectly in 2.1.6. If nothing changed, then I dont know. :-)

I tested the same albums under my Pre2 and then all worked fine prior to and with 2.1.6 installed. The initial problems were just on the TouchPad.

Thanks.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Music Remix on the Touchpad is sooo much nicer than on the Pre for sure. *However, the lack of albums thumbnails makes it look a bit empty, like it is missing them. *Is it possible to add album art thumbnails for the lists? Artists, albums, etc. *The Touchpad is so much faster than the Pre that it should load them really quick. *Or at least have the *option to enable them.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    dan....I know we spoke waay back...prior to touch pad about title,artist,album editing from the original phone app....back then any updating to a file by an app was locked down by the os....with the latest version of webos for the touchpad...is this functionality available? I find myself with lots of time on airplanes and found myself asking....wouldn't it be cool if I could clean up these bad mp3s tags.....is this possible? If so that would be an awesome enhancement.

-wayne
    twitter: fundserv
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Dan,

Not sure what changed, but the problem albums I was having is now working perfectly in 2.1.6. If nothing changed, then I dont know. :-)

I tested the same albums under my Pre2 and then all worked fine prior to and with 2.1.6 installed. The initial problems were just on the TouchPad.

Thanks.
    It's possible the changes I made in album art downloading fixed your issue. But without knowing what your specific issue was, I can't say for sure.

9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I happily confirm that my issues with errors trying to update album art or restore album art are gone. It downloads just fine now in 2.1.6! Thanks! That was driving me nuts!
    Very good!

10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarter View Post
    dan....I know we spoke waay back...prior to touch pad about title,artist,album editing from the original phone app....back then any updating to a file by an app was locked down by the os....with the latest version of webos for the touchpad...is this functionality available? I find myself with lots of time on airplanes and found myself asking....wouldn't it be cool if I could clean up these bad mp3s tags.....is this possible? If so that would be an awesome enhancement.

-wayne
    They haven't added this functionality, or any other new ones. The APIs are still very bare.

11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Music Remix on the Touchpad is sooo much nicer than on the Pre for sure. *However, the lack of albums thumbnails makes it look a bit empty, like it is missing them. *Is it possible to add album art thumbnails for the lists? Artists, albums, etc. *The Touchpad is so much faster than the Pre that it should load them really quick. *Or at least have the *option to enable them.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I'll look into it.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    2.1.6 on TouchPad - If I go into Songs and scroll down a few screen and then press the Back arrow the screen only displays my background. There are no controls. To recover I go to card view and close. The mini player now shows in the notification area and I can then select the return to app icon. Do not get this behavior on my Pre+.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    2.1.6 on TouchPad - If I go into Songs and scroll down a few screen and then press the Back arrow the screen only displays my background. There are no controls. To recover I go to card view and close. The mini player now shows in the notification area and I can then select the return to app icon. Do not get this behavior on my Pre+.
    Is this happening every time you do this?

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Yes, I have even rebooted since posting and it is still happening. Actually I do not even need to scroll on the Songs screen, the Back Arrow just blanks the screen leaving just the background.

15.    #175  
    Yes, I have even rebooted since posting and it is still happening. Actually I do not even need to scroll on the Songs screen, the Back Arrow just blanks the screen leaving just the background.
    I'm able to re-create this on the emulator, but not every time.

Are you seeing this on the Artists or Albums screen? I haven't been able to re-create it on those screens.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Only on the Songs screen.

Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    So far, I am not seeing the gray any more. Will post again here if I do end up seeing it.
  18.    #178  
    Only on the Songs screen.
    I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Not sure if your looking for specifically problems with MPR on the TouchPad, but I have a small repeatable problem with 2.1.6 on my Pre2. Problem can not be recreated on the TouchPad.

Go to an artist with multiple albums (say album1 and album2), select album art for album 1.
    Back-swipe to go back to list of albums, there I see a list of album1, album2, album1, album2). It basically doubles them.

If I back-swipe again, then go back to the albums for that artist, it shows just the two correctly. If I then repeat and pick album2, grab the cover art, back-swipe, it shows 4 albums for the artist, etc... Happens only for artists that have multiple albums.

For grins, removed MPR from the Pre2, cleaned up any entries on USB drive, etc... re-installed and problem remains.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    It's possible the changes I made in album art downloading fixed your issue. But without knowing what your specific issue was, I can't say for sure.
    Understood.

I went back to 2.1.5 to go over the problem again. It happened on a number of albums when selecting cover art over 500 by XXX. Selecting lower res ones worked fine.

I then went back to 2.1.6 and the problems are gone and not repeatable. So whatever changes you made to the album art downloading seems to have fixed it!