Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Sorry for the delay... work on Labor Day. :/

P.S. The second time I tapped it after a relaunch it gave me the intro to sleep timer thing.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 09/06/2011 at 12:39 AM.
    Little feedback note, not a bug. I really like how on the phone when you use device wallpaper it resizes when in card mode to line up with the wallpaper. Would that be possible on the TouchPad?

3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Little feedback note, not a bug. I really like how on the phone when you use device wallpaper it resizes when in card mode to line up with the wallpaper. Would that be possible on the TouchPad?
    I liked it too, but I removed it intentionally on the TouchPad. The orientation issues in Mojo apps made it difficult to implement. It may be possible, but it's not something I wanted to spend a lot of time on right now.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Just installed 2.1.5 and noticed that the initial screen upon installation still contains 2.1.0. It was this way in 2.1.2 also.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Just installed 2.1.5 and noticed that the initial screen upon installation still contains 2.1.0. It was this way in 2.1.2 also.
    I'm not updating the in-app changelog during the beta testing.

The beta's changelog is being updated in the first post of this thread. And speaking of the first, it has a lot of info which the beta testers should check out including "known issues", "UI updates", etc.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not seeing that on my Pre 2. Anyone else seeing this?
    Installed 2.1.5, and now it appears fine. Not sure if that was the fix, but it's not doing the text misalignment any more.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Installed 2.1.5, and now it appears fine. Not sure if that was the fix, but it's not doing the text misalignment any more.
    Well at least it's working now.

question, am I supposed to be able to use Just type (from outside of Remix, as in the main webOS homescreen) to find my music from there? It just occurred to me when I read universal search and referred to it, I meant within the app. Not globally.

Just want to make sure I'm not confusing anything. For the record, I would not want global webOS universal search, heh.
    Great job with the new videos, Dan! I watched them both before work this morning.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    question, am I supposed to be able to use Just type (from outside of Remix, as in the main webOS homescreen) to find my music from there? It just occurred to me when I read universal search and referred to it, I meant within the app. Not globally.

Just want to make sure I'm not confusing anything. For the record, I would not want global webOS universal search, heh.
    You can set up Just Type to launch a search within the app. Check the FAQ on the Help screen for details.

11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Great job with the new videos, Dan! I watched them both before work this morning.
    Thanks...I was lucky to even get them recorded. It always takes me several tries to get a good take and when I finally did, CamStudio (the application I use to record the video) decided it would error out as it was outputting the video file.

I decided to download their latest beta and try one more time and luckily it was a good take and it actually saved the video! Then I realized I forgot to mention a bunch of stuff and shot the 2nd video.

Wow I'm loving this app Dan its really much better on the TPad than on the phone lol. The phone app is great but its just better with the real estate on the TPad !! Thanks*
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Wow I'm loving this app Dan its really much better on the TPad than on the phone lol. The phone app is great but its just better with the real estate on the TPad !! Thanks*
    Thanks...yeah the extra screen real estate really makes a difference.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I'm not updating the in-app changelog during the beta testing.

The beta's changelog is being updated in the first post of this thread. And speaking of the first, it has a lot of info which the beta testers should check out including "known issues", "UI updates", etc.
    I need to change my forum browsing habit of immediately clicking on View First Unread and linger on the first post more.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I need to change my forum browsing habit of immediately clicking on View First Unread and linger on the first post more.
    I do the same thing...which is why I reminded everyone to read the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I feel the same way about Flashcards. On the phone it kind of didn't make much sense, but on the TouchPad Wow! These apps ROCK!
    Something I can't repeat 100% of the time, but often enough to mention it. It seems that when I pulling up some album art, if I pick certain images, they never get set.

I see it saying it is downloading it or whatever, but it never sticks. Other times I pick the cover art and it sticks right away. Never saw this on the phone. Not sure why it would do this on the TouchPad considering they're basically the same, right? Most of the images that I pick where this doesn't work are ones that don't have sq/identical dimensions (ala 500x466), etc...

Not sure if it is the song or what, but Dan, I can email you one of the MP3 files to try out I guess. Not sure how else to explain it. For this one MP3, I can pick a 300x300 and it sets up fine every time. If I remove the cover art and try to apply that 500x466, etc... it won't stick.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Not sure if it is the song or what, but Dan, I can email you one of the MP3 files to try out I guess. Not sure how else to explain it. For this one MP3, I can pick a 300x300 and it sets up fine every time. If I remove the cover art and try to apply that 500x466, etc... it won't stick.
    If you have a song that never works, then please email it to me. Also let me know which of the images for that song is failing.

Also please install the latest beta on your phone and let me know if you have the same issue with the song.

You can set up Just Type to launch a search within the app. Check the FAQ on the Help screen for details.
    ah, nice. so when are we going to be able to buy this =P
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    ah, nice. so when are we going to be able to buy this =P
    I'll submit it this week.