Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Not sure if your looking for specifically problems with MPR on the TouchPad, but I have a small repeatable problem with 2.1.6 on my Pre2. Problem can not be recreated on the TouchPad.

Go to an artist with multiple albums (say album1 and album2), select album art for album 1.
    Back-swipe to go back to list of albums, there I see a list of album1, album2, album1, album2). It basically doubles them.

If I back-swipe again, then go back to the albums for that artist, it shows just the two correctly. If I then repeat and pick album2, grab the cover art, back-swipe, it shows 4 albums for the artist, etc... Happens only for artists that have multiple albums.

For grins, removed MPR from the Pre2, cleaned up any entries on USB drive, etc... re-installed and problem remains.
    I'll check it out when I get home.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Understood.

I went back to 2.1.5 to go over the problem again. It happened on a number of albums when selecting cover art over 500 by XXX. Selecting lower res ones worked fine.

I then went back to 2.1.6 and the problems are gone and not repeatable. So whatever changes you made to the album art downloading seems to have fixed it!
    I'm convinced!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I upgraded to 2.1.6 on my Veer and it is having nothing but memory problems. I got a too many cards error after installing it in preware finished, I rebooted, I launched the app and got a too many cards error. Rebooted again. Used other apps ok, but once touched music remix, my phone has too many cards error even with no cards and requires a reboot. Stock kernel..
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I upgraded to 2.1.6 on my Veer and it is having nothing but memory problems. I got a too many cards error after installing it in preware finished, I rebooted, I launched the app and got a too many cards error. Rebooted again. Used other apps ok, but once touched music remix, my phone has too many cards error even with no cards and requires a reboot. Stock kernel..
    Are you saying you get a TMC error immediately after a reboot every single time you try to load the app? I can't imagine what would be different about running it on the Veer vs. the Pre 2 (where I don't have this issue). Can you try running a PDK game to see if you get the TMC error?

Can someone else with a Veer try running 2.1.6 and see if you get a TMC error?

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Are you saying you get a TMC error immediately after a reboot every single time you try to load the app? I can't imagine what would be different about running it on the Veer vs. the Pre 2 (where I don't have this issue). Can you try running a PDK game to see if you get the TMC error?

Can someone else with a Veer try running 2.1.6 and see if you get a TMC error?

I had to re-doctor my Veer yesterday after playing w/ some command line stuff, but I re-installed 2.1.6 & haven't had any TMC errors yet. I'll keep testing it today & report back if I have any problems.

Steve
    This morning, it seems to be working alright. Not sure what was up with it last night. Haven't gotten that many TMC errors in months and it was all around using Music Remix 2.1.6, but it seems stable this morning. May have been a false alarm.. will keep messing with it.
  7.    #187  
    This morning, it seems to be working alright. Not sure what was up with it last night. Haven't gotten that many TMC errors in months and it was all around using Music Remix 2.1.6, but it seems stable this morning. May have been a false alarm.. will keep messing with it.
    I seriously doubt Remix was the cause of your TMC errors. Otherwise, you and anyone else using a Veer would be having the same issue right now.

TMC errors are generated when the device doesn't have enough memory to launch the app you're trying to launch. So most likely something else was eating your memory and it just wasn't letting Remix launch.

I seriously doubt Remix was the cause of your TMC errors. Otherwise, you and anyone else using a Veer would be having the same issue right now.

TMC errors are generated when the device doesn't have enough memory to launch the app you're trying to launch. So most likely something else was eating your memory and it just wasn't letting Remix launch.
    Let's hope How many Veer testers do you have currently?
  9.    #189  
    Let's hope How many Veer testers do you have currently?
    I have no clue. Kb7sqi has one. If anyone reading this with a Veer wants to chime in, please do!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have no clue. Kb7sqi has one. If anyone reading this with a Veer wants to chime in, please do!
    Even though I carry multiple phones daily, I use the Veer a lot. I've been using MPR all morning & no TMC's so far. Hey Dan, have I told you lately how much I love MPR on my phones/TouchPad? Thanks again.

Steve
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by kb7sqi View Post
    Even though I carry multiple phones daily, I use the Veer a lot. I've been using MPR all morning & no TMC's so far. Hey Dan, have I told you lately how much I love MPR on my phones/TouchPad? Thanks again.

Steve
    No, but even if you did, it wouldn't hurt to tell me again.

I've noticed it seems in all enyo apps so far, you can't re-order anything in a list by dragging/dropping it to a new place like you can in mojo. It is so refreshing to still be able to re-arrange the fav list in this on the bigscreen when I feel I can't do that in any other native enyo app. Maybe this is just a webos 3.x limitation still for enyo apps..
  13.    #193  
    I've noticed it seems in all enyo apps so far, you can't re-order anything in a list by dragging/dropping it to a new place like you can in mojo. It is so refreshing to still be able to re-arrange the fav list in this on the bigscreen when I feel I can't do that in any other native enyo app. Maybe this is just a webos 3.x limitation still for enyo apps..
    You're right... Enyo lists don't have reorder capabilities built-in. However I remember seeing a dev post his own homemade one on the Palm Dev forum. I don't know why HP left this feature out of Enyo lists.

You're right... Enyo lists don't have reorder capabilities built-in. However I remember seeing a dev post his own homemade one on the Palm Dev forum. I don't know why HP left this feature out of Enyo lists.
    This sounded familiar to me too. So I looked through the past few days of twitter and found this. Via @JayCanuck: http://is.gd/atqPCz

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    This sounded familiar to me too. So I looked through the past few days of twitter and found this. Via @JayCanuck: http://is.gd/atqPCz

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That link seems to be dead. Here's the link I found: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=11&t=15850

That link seems to be dead. Here's the link I found: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=11&t=15850
    That's weird that the link doesn't work, but yeah, that's the page I was trying to link.

17.    #197  
    Version 2.1.7 has been released. Check out the changelog (in the first post of this thread) for details.

The lists with the album art look slick!

Any ideas on why no album art shows for the new thumbs?

for example, I have artistA with albumA and albumB. Both show cover art when you view the album and play the songs (all the songs show album art).

However, in the new thumbnails you've put in, it shows as if I have no album art for either album until I tap the album and see the songs (album art showing at top).
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    Any ideas on why no album art shows for the new thumbs?

for example, I have artistA with albumA and albumB. Both show cover art when you view the album and play the songs (all the songs show album art).

However, in the new thumbnails you've put in, it shows as if I have no album art for either album until I tap the album and see the songs (album art showing at top).
    Which screen is this on? And is the album art embedded or was it downloaded within Remix?