Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    EDIT: I believe the issue is resolved. 2.0.x devices should be able to download Music Player (Remix).

HP's app portal site used to allow me to set "webOS 2.0.1" as the min OS version of the app (since the app is 100% compatible with 2.0.1 and doesn't use any 2.1-specific APIs). But recently it has forced me to choose "2.1" as the min OS version (it's the only option listed in the dropdown menu). As a result, people running webOS 2.0.1 (such as Verizon Pre 2 users) will not be able to access the app in the catalog. This is even true for existing users who want to update or re-download the app.

I sent HP an email last week and didn't hear back. I also sent multiple tweets to the HP dev relations team and never heard back. Last night I sent a second email and Sue from HP dev relations wrote back saying the app review team was looking into the issue.

So hopefully they can fix this soon so webOS 2.0.1 users can access the app. But recently their track record in handling important issues has been pretty bad.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/01/2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #2  
    I emailed Richard Kerris (VP of HP Developer Relations) and he forwarded the issue to Gray Norton who emailed me and said he would look into it next week (they're in Europe this week).

Hopefully we'll get this resolved next week <fingers crossed>.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up on that! I got my VZ Pre2 last week and your app was the first one I tried to purchase. I was confused as to why I couldn't buy it.. I thought maybe you'd updated it with some 2.1 specific features and I'd have to wait for VZ to get around to updating us.

Please keep us updated on the status of this. I will be purchasing your app the minute they fix this issue
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on that! I got my VZ Pre2 last week and your app was the first one I tried to purchase. I was confused as to why I couldn't buy it.. I thought maybe you'd updated it with some 2.1 specific features and I'd have to wait for VZ to get around to updating us.

Please keep us updated on the status of this. I will be purchasing your app the minute they fix this issue
    I'll update this thread and post on Twitter (@Hedami) as a I hear more news.

5.    #5  
    Over a week later and never heard from HP after multiple email attempts. Unfortunately this is becoming the norm with HP as it relates to supporting their webOS 2.x devices, users, and developers.

Now there's a somewhat-related new issue with devices meta-doctored to 2.1 not being able to see the app. I've also sent emails (and tweets) to HP about this issue and am waiting to hear a response.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'm sure with HP's clear commitment to 2.x support and Verizon's history of rapid update turnarounds, 2.1 will be out any day now, right?

I imagine everyone there is quite busy right now, and maybe working hard to get everything on 3.0 ASAP, but the lack of communication is, as always, very frustrating.

Thanks for trying to keep on HP and patiently trying to support your users.
    *sigh* Some things never change.

First they leave legacy users in the 1.4.5 dust, but some of us were able to bust through and make it to 2.1.

Then they pretty much forget about their most current phone on Verizon. =( I have no idea who I should be angry at, or how angry I should be. I don't like being angry, but sometimes I just can't help it!

Keep it up, Dan.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    *sigh* Some things never change.

First they leave legacy users in the 1.4.5 dust, but some of us were able to bust through and make it to 2.1.

Then they pretty much forget about their most current phone on Verizon. =( I have no idea who I should be angry at, or how angry I should be. I don't like being angry, but sometimes I just can't help it!

Keep it up, Dan.
    You're exactly correct. They're clearly treating webOS 2.0/2.1 as legacy already even though webOS 2.x devices are still being sold. It's wrong of them to do that.

Another indication of this is the downgrading of the webOS 2.1 SDK on the developer.palm.com website. Now they're prominently featuring the webOS 3.0 SDK which isn't even out of beta.

So other than tweeting the first two mentioned in the first post, how can I help?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    So other than tweeting the first two mentioned in the first post, how can I help?
    Chuq tweeted me today saying he would be emailing me this afternoon. So far I've heard nothing.

I'm not sure what we can do at this point. People have been tweeting them on behalf of me for the various issues I've been having and it hasn't received any response other than them contacting me saying they'd investigate. But then I never hear back from them.

If I don't hear anything back by Monday, perhaps I'll ask PreCentral and webOSRoundup to write an article on it. Of course the last time I did this (for the media permissions bug), Sean Lindo from HP contacted me saying he'd investigate and then I never heard back from him. So that probably won't accomplish anything either.

11.    #11  
    Chuq emailed me last night (early morning) with updates on the "2.0.1" issue and the "2.1 on incompatible devices" issue.

Here's the full update: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/at6gg9

Are VZW users the only ones stuck on 2.0.1? Perhaps this is an indication that VZW is getting close to releasing 2.1?

There are so many issues with email and music in 2.0.1 that I have to believe there is an effort to get VZW to release 2.1 (or 2.2?) to their Pre2 customers?

Argh.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Are VZW users the only ones stuck on 2.0.1? Perhaps this is an indication that VZW is getting close to releasing 2.1?

There are so many issues with email and music in 2.0.1 that I have to believe there is an effort to get VZW to release 2.1 (or 2.2?) to their Pre2 customers?

Argh.
    You would think Verizon would get the 2.1 update out there already. But it's been awhile now, so I'm not sure if they'll ever get it.

Odd that they took forever and then released 1.4.5.1 that apparently fixed bugs I wasn't even aware of... and I wish they'd used those resources to deliver 2.1.

I wonder if VZW sold enough Pre2 devices to realize that they have a 2.0 base that needs an update...

If I were VZW I would have come up with a special and very aggressive upgrade program for remaining Pre+ and Pixi+ users to get them to the Pre2 and then thrown some resources behind making that community happy... starting with 2.1

The return rate on the Pre+ must have made VZW worry about those that are still in use. They could reduce the liability by encouraging early upgrades to the Pre2. IMHO.

But I think VZW will eventually release 2.1, they are always slow but eventually they show up. I just hope they release it before 2.2 (or 3.x or whatever is next) gets in to circulation.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Odd that they took forever and then released 1.4.5.1 that apparently fixed bugs I wasn't even aware of... and I wish they'd used those resources to deliver 2.1.

I wonder if VZW sold enough Pre2 devices to realize that they have a 2.0 base that needs an update...

If I were VZW I would have come up with a special and very aggressive upgrade program for remaining Pre+ and Pixi+ users to get them to the Pre2 and then thrown some resources behind making that community happy... starting with 2.1

The return rate on the Pre+ must have made VZW worry about those that are still in use. They could reduce the liability by encouraging early upgrades to the Pre2. IMHO.

But I think VZW will eventually release 2.1, they are always slow but eventually they show up. I just hope they release it before 2.2 (or 3.x or whatever is next) gets in to circulation.
    Hopefully they get 2.1 soon. It has its own issues, but is much better than 2.0.1.

So i recently had to get a refurb pre-. I meta doctored 2.1 and no longer have the option of downloading music player remix. I purchased it before for my previous pre- 2.1. is there any way to get a direct link to the app so that I can continue to use it since I previously purchased the 2.x version? thanks for all your awesome work.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    So i recently had to get a refurb pre-. I meta doctored 2.1 and no longer have the option of downloading music player remix. I purchased it before for my previous pre- 2.1. is there any way to get a direct link to the app so that I can continue to use it since I previously purchased the 2.x version? thanks for all your awesome work.
    If you've previously purchased the app, you can re-download it using Impostah (found in Preware). For the app catalog version, the app id is com.hedami.musicplayerremix. For the web feed version, the app id is com.hedami.mprweb.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 07/28/2011 at 06:06 AM.

sadly, im in a similar boat. i had been using MPR HB Ed prior to my 2.1.0 meta-doctoring. Now I can't give you my monies since i don't have a pre2...
    you can also follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/coveredwagonkid
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredwagonkid View Post
    sadly, im in a similar boat. i had been using MPR HB Ed prior to my 2.1.0 meta-doctoring. Now I can't give you my monies since i don't have a pre2...
    HP is supposedly working on a fix for this issue. So stay tuned...

thanks
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast