Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Well we have some good news for folks on Verizon. The Pre 2's are finally getting the update to 2.1. So if you're on Verizon and you've been wanting to purchase Music Player (Remix), you should be able to do so after you update to 2.1.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well we have some good news for folks on Verizon. The Pre 2's are finally getting the update to 2.1. So if you're on Verizon and you've been wanting to purchase Music Player (Remix), you should be able to do so after you update to 2.1.
    !!!

OMG when?! (took them long enough!!)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    !!!

OMG when?! (took them long enough!!)
    It should be there anytime: webOS 2.1 Update Available for Verizon Pre2 Users | App Updates, News |webOSroundup
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

What does that mean for those of us on Pre+ meta-doctored to 2.1.0?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    What does that mean for those of us on Pre+ meta-doctored to 2.1.0?
    Nothing unfortunately. You're already running webOS 2.1; however the app catalog doesn't recognize your device as a compatible device for 2.x apps (ones that have recently been updated like Remix).

If you've already purchased Music Player (Remix), you can use Impostah to update or re-download it. If you haven't purchased it and you're interested in doing so, you'll have to wait for HP to fix this issue.

Nothing unfortunately. You're already running webOS 2.1; however the app catalog doesn't recognize your device as a compatible device for 2.x apps (ones that have recently been updated like Remix).

If you've already purchased Music Player (Remix), you can use Impostah to update or re-download it. If you haven't purchased it and you're interested in doing so, you'll have to wait for HP to fix this issue.
    I won a code for it from Precentral. Is there some way to get the program without going through the app catalog? If not, what bells do I need to ring at HP to help light a fire under someone's feet?
  7.    #27  
    I won a code for it from Precentral. Is there some way to get the program without going through the app catalog? If not, what bells do I need to ring at HP to help light a fire under someone's feet?
    I'm not sure how you you received a promo code from PreCentral since I haven't provided them any codes.

But anyway, you can only use promo codes in the app catalog, so unfortunately you can't download the app if you can't see it in the catalog.

I've been lighting a fire underneath their feet for quite some time, so honestly I doubt it would help if someone else contacted them.

I'm not sure how you you received a promo code from PreCentral since I haven't provided them any codes.

But anyway, you can only use promo codes in the app catalog, so unfortunately you can't download the app if you can't see it in the catalog.

I've been lighting a fire underneath their feet for quite some time, so honestly I doubt it would help if someone else contacted them.
    You know what? I'm *****ing in the wrong thread about the right problem. I got the code for WiFi Media Sync, not MP Remix.

But I wanted to check out MP Remix too, and I can't do that either!

AAAIGH!
  9.    #29  
    You know what? I'm *****ing in the wrong thread about the right problem. I got the code for WiFi Media Sync, not MP Remix.

But I wanted to check out MP Remix too, and I can't do that either!

AAAIGH!
    Yeah this issue affects any app requiring webOS 2.0 or later that gets updated. Unfortunately devs have no way of solving this issue. It's up to HP to fix the bug.

Yeah this issue affects any app requiring webOS 2.0 or later that gets updated. Unfortunately devs have no way of solving this issue. It's up to HP to fix the bug.
    Yeah, I know. I can't believe that they would do something that breaks so fundamentally. Whether 2.x is supported on Pre+ or not, they have to know that a good number of us are running it.

Why the kick in the trousers, HP?
  11.    #31  
    Yeah, I know. I can't believe that they would do something that breaks so fundamentally. Whether 2.x is supported on Pre+ or not, they have to know that a good number of us are running it.

Why the kick in the trousers, HP?
    Actually it's not even a question of them supporting Pre- and Pre+ users who updated to 2.1 through unofficial means (meta-doctoring). This bug also affects people using Pre+ devices who updated to 2.1 through official, carrier-supplied doctors. So in my opinion, they're obligated to fix this issue.

12.    #32  
    Anyone running a meta-doctor that hasn't been able to see Remix in the catalog, try it out now. Someone reported that they were able to see it.

13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I can see it again, finally.
    I have a Verizon Pre2, with no 2.1 update. webOSroundup on twitter says one of their guys got the update, but they haven't heard of anyone else that has. I still can't see Music Player Remix in the catalog. I'm inclined to think something went wrong with the 2.1 update, since a few people certainly got it, but it sounds like the masses (well, 7 of the 9 total Verizon Pre 2 users, it would seem) are still left hanging. It seems so backward to fix the catalog such that meta-doctored "legacy" devices can get what a stock Verizon Pre 2 can't.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneroid View Post
    I have a Verizon Pre2, with no 2.1 update. webOSroundup on twitter says one of their guys got the update, but they haven't heard of anyone else that has. I still can't see Music Player Remix in the catalog. I'm inclined to think something went wrong with the 2.1 update, since a few people certainly got it, but it sounds like the masses (well, 7 of the 9 total Verizon Pre 2 users, it would seem) are still left hanging. It seems so backward to fix the catalog such that meta-doctored "legacy" devices can get what a stock Verizon Pre 2 can't.
    The issue affecting meta-doctored devices also affected devices that received official 2.1 doctors from the carriers (like O2 in Germany). So for that reason alone, it was important for HP to fix that issue.

But yeah the issue where 2.0.1 devices cannot see my app is still present. Frankly I don't have high hopes of this one being fixed. However I would hope that Verizon would eventually push out 2.1. I can't see a reason not to. It's much more stable than 2.0.1.

But in the meantime, at least people who've already purchased the app can still re-download it by using Impostah.

The WebOS 2.x app catalog is fixed with this evening's update! I can see Music Remix on my Pre- running 2.1 again :-D
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by lagoldste View Post
    The WebOS 2.x app catalog is fixed with this evening's update! I can see Music Remix on my Pre- running 2.1 again :-D
    Very good!

I doctor my phone because I was getting to many card error. Hoping this fixes it. I can not find the Music Player Remix in the app catalog. I purchased this when I got my VZW Pre 2. Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue with the App catalog?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I doctor my phone because I was getting to many card error. Hoping this fixes it. I can not find the Music Player Remix in the app catalog. I purchased this when I got my VZW Pre 2. Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue with the App catalog?
    Read the first post of this thread. It explains why devices running webOS 2.0.1 cannot see Remix in the catalog.

Read the first post of this thread. It explains why devices running webOS 2.0.1 cannot see Remix in the catalog.
    So IF or When VZW will get the 2.1 update, will I have to repurchase the app?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast