Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know what made me think of this, but here goes... The first 10 people who successfully complete the following 3 tasks will receive a promo code for their choice of 2 of my apps (Remix, GeoStrings, or Quick Post):

1) Using Remix (either trial or paid versions), tweet any Vanilla Ice song, except "Ice Ice Baby" (that's too easy). Addendum: You can also choose any MC Hammer song (except "U Can't Touch This" and "Too Legit 2 Quit"), Gerardo (except "Rico Suave"), Milli Vanilli (except "Girl you know it's true"), or New Kids on the Block.

2) Take a screenshot of that same song and tweet it using TwitPic, YFrog, or any of your favorite Twitter image posting services. In your tweet, include the following phrase:

This is how much I want <list the 2 apps you want> by @Hedami! #AppAppBaby
    3) Send me an email (hedamisoft at gmail dot com) with your Twitter name, the 2 apps you wanted, and the country you live in (only the following countries are supported in this contest: U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, Spain, or the United Kingdom).

So who here is brave enough to admit they're rocking Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Gerardo, Milli Vanilli, or New Kids on the Block?

(NOTE: Even if you have all of my apps, you can still win this contest and give away the promo codes! Think of your own unique contest, but be sure to tweet it and mention @Hedami!)

(NOTE: The contest will end on 5/14/11, so act quickly!)
    Last edited by DanPLC; 05/05/2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Added contest end date
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    a. I was vanilla Ice for halloween a few years ago.
    b. I own more than one of his cds
    c. I have watched cold as ice within the last year
    d. I own a pair of underwear that he wore. (it's an odd story but not at all what you would guess)

e. I know all the "words" to havin a roni.

If there are any codes left when I get home tonight I will totally do this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    d. I own a pair of underwear that he wore. (it's an odd story but not at all what you would guess)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

His show on HGTV is pretty entertaining.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    He was in a spoof movie in like 2004-5 (i forget) called "the helix". Was a matrix (and other scif films) spoof. Was only shown in one theater and never sold on dvd or released in anyway. Any way a friend of mines first job after moving to LA was as a production assistant on that set. One scene called for vanilla to be wearing purple boxers for some joke as his boxers are always showing above his pants. They couldn't find any so my friend was tasked with going and buying white boxers and spray painting them purple (at least the tops). Once the scene was done he decided it would be a great idea to steal said boxers and mail them to me... without telling me they where coming. Taking them out of the box was the first and only time I handled them with my bare hands. I called him right away, asked what they where, and immediately dropped them.

I would not have wanted a pair of the mans underwear but not that I have them I don't have the heart to toss them due to the crazy story and they where a (very weird) gift. So they are stored in a plastic bag in a box somewhere.

refference:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    His show on HGTV is pretty entertaining.
    Yes it is actually.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    He was in a spoof movie in like 2004-5 (i forget) called "the helix". Was a matrix (and other scif films) spoof. Was only shown in one theater and never sold on dvd or released in anyway. Any way a friend of mines first job after moving to LA was as a production assistant on that set. One scene called for vanilla to be wearing purple boxers for some joke as his boxers are always showing above his pants. They couldn't find any so my friend was tasked with going and buying white boxers and spray painting them purple (at least the tops). Once the scene was done he decided it would be a great idea to steal said boxers and mail them to me... without telling me they where coming. Taking them out of the box was the first and only time I handled them with my bare hands. I called him right away, asked what they where, and immediately dropped them.

I would not have wanted a pair of the mans underwear but not that I have them I don't have the heart to toss them due to the crazy story and they where a (very weird) gift. So they are stored in a plastic bag in a box somewhere.

refference:
    Well that's better than what I was imagining...

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I don't know who this Vanilla Ice is but reading about him does make me want to stop, collaborate, and listen.

9.    #9  
    I added a few more artists to the list. Now you can choose MC Hammer, Gerardo, Milli Vanilli, or New Kids on the Block!

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    So who here is brave enough to admit they're rocking Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Gerardo, Milli Vanilli, or New Kids on the Block?
    Man MC Hammer was in a different class then the others. One, I lived in Oakland and everybody listened to Hammer way and ain't ashamed about it cause, two, we did it well before he was mainstream. His first album what dope.

"When it comes to straight up rockin' I'm second to none.
    From Doug E. Fresh, to L.L., or DJ Run!"

Now i'm bout ta put on some Oaktown 357 "Juicy...!"
    +1000000000000000000000000 for the idea.

But, gonna have to ban you from the internets for life cuz it's still Vanilla Ice...
    I see pandas.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Man MC Hammer was in a different class then the others. One, I lived in Oakland and everybody listened to Hammer way and ain't ashamed about it cause, two, we did it well before he was mainstream. His first album what dope.

I have several MC Hammer tracks on my device...so I agree.

But I still haven't seen any submissions in the contest! Get movin'...it's Hammer Time!

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    +1000000000000000000000000 for the idea.

But, gonna have to ban you from the internets for life cuz it's still Vanilla Ice...
    I know there's more than one person out there with Vanilla Ice on their device. This contest is to celebrate those secret "guilty pleasures".

I actually don't have any Vanilla Ice, Gerardo, or Milli Vanilli on my device. But I do have a few MC Hammer songs and 1 NKOTB song.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post

How about my friend from Hayward that came to college in Iowa in '88 blasting rap? Not too many on our small campus listened to P.E., etc.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    How about my friend from Hayward that came to college in Iowa in '88 blasting rap? Not too many on our small campus listened to P.E., etc.
    Damn. Hayward to Iowa. That's a long way to go. And i'm sure a bit of a culture shock. Yeah i didn't really have that problem. I went to college in 1990 but it was a medium size campus, about 20K students, and all we did was bump rap. There was all kinda of music played but the clubs i went to and the house parties i went to all played only rap and some R&B. Like Bell Biv Devoe was big then so that sort of stuff. But yeah, those were the days. And PE actually came to my campus for concert.
    I just tweeted it, steps 1 & 2. Hopefully it's not too late. #AppAppBaby

I don't have any of those artists on my device...think I need to remedy that when I get home *nods*
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    I don't have any of those artists on my device...think I need to remedy that when I get home *nods*
    Yes one could theoretically "cheat" and buy a song from one of those artists from Amazon for 99 cents and still get 2 great apps for a cheap price.

19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I just tweeted it, steps 1 & 2. Hopefully it's not too late. #AppAppBaby

Yep just saw it. You're the first to enter! Just email me your info (see task #3 in the first post for details).

20.    #20  
    I realized I didn't have a contest end date. So the contest will end on 5/14/11. So if you want to enter, do so quickly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast