View Poll Results: Like the idea of "album artists"?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

1 100.00%
  1.    #1  
    Hi there,

first of all: like this app!
    But two things which I would find great:
    1. Change the default grouping scheme of albums to "album artist" and leave it as an option to group by "artist"
    2. Add "album artist" to the list of artists.

I know there is an issue with what "album artist" is supposed to be, but my suggestion is that unless there is a tag that is called "album artist", "artist" should be interpreted as "album artist".

Reasons:
    1. For compilations of Various Artists and records that are listed by one artist but effectively have material of different artists (see Neil Young - Journey through the past), currently each artists gets his own listing under albums, making up for a huge album list with no real possibility of playing the album the way it is meant to be...
    2. There is no way of finding i.e. albums by "Various Artists" or whatever is filled under "album artist".

And if there is a chance of introducing configurable multi-value separators for the "artist" and "genre" tag - that would be brilliant!

Keep up the good work!
    On the "Albums" screen, it's listing all the albums returned by the webOS media indexer. The "artist" listed on this screen is what is associated with the album (as defined by the media indexer).

Is the built-in music app displaying the data any differently on the "Albums" screen?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #3  
    I see - that means I post on the wrong forum, as these capabilities depend upon some webOS standard feature? Where to go then?

Sorry then also for the poll - completely unneccessary...
    Quote Originally Posted by godIsInTheRadio View Post
    I see - that means I post on the wrong forum, as these capabilities depend upon some webOS standard feature? Where to go then?

Sorry then also for the poll - completely unneccessary...
    No this is the correct forum (for my apps including Remix). I'm just letting you know why it does what it does.

There is a thread already established for the discussion of this app (http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...mix-2-0-a.html). You can post all questions there if you'd like.

And you can post new threads in this forum where it makes sense. But I'd say in most cases the existing thread is the best place to post questions.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami