Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    I.........Love.............This..............App!

The new photo posting feature is absolutely awesome! I love being able to post a picture to twitpic on Twitter while at the same time it's actually VISIBLE on Facebook instead of just showing up as a twitpic link.

Thanks a bunch Dan!

I'll second volcom's request to have it post to the mobile uploads folder instead of it's own to keep things a little more organized. But if not it's still decent the way it is.

I can't wait to hopefully try it out on WebOS 2.x someday with the Just Type.
    I'm glad you're liking it. Yeah "Just Type" takes it to a whole other level!

I'm sure I'll probably add the "choose your Facebook destination photo album" feature at some point, but it'll take some thought on the best way to implement this considering the app doesn't currently have permission to access a user's photo albums.

If you haven't already, please take a minute and leave a review in the catalog to share your experiences with the app.

Also I'd like to thank everyone who has left a review. The app currently has a perfect 5.0 rating in the catalog which is amazing! The review count / sales count ratio is incredible and definitely the highest I have for any of my apps. So a BIG THANKS to everyone who's left a review! I appreciate it!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #82  
    Quick Post is the "app of the day" on webOSRoundup! Go check it out! Very nice writeup.
    nice
  4.    #84  
    Version 1.1.1 of Quick Post is now available in the catalog. Here is the complete changelog:

- Enhancement: When sending posts, update the 'send' or 'send & exit' buttons to indicate 'sending'. This will be particularly helpful when uploading larger images to Facebook.

- Bug Fix: Draft icon was not appearing at the top of the screen when a draft was saved.

- Bug Fix: Just Type '-i' prefix wouldn't work when the app was already open. Also if an error was generated, the popup would not be displayed if the app was already open.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Problem (which was brought to my attention today but I don't know if it's new): my FB posts from Just Type are appearing 3 times. Any idea what's up with that?
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Problem (which was brought to my attention today but I don't know if it's new): my FB posts from Just Type are appearing 3 times. Any idea what's up with that?
    The next time it happens, email me your log file (using Lumberjack in Preware) from that same time period. Also for that same time period, send me a screenshot of your wall (only the relevant duplicate posts).

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply. I used the app only once today, and the problem didn't arise. I don't know what was happening yesterday.
  8.    #88  
    Version 1.1.2 of Quick Post has been submitted to the catalog. The major update is making the app TouchPad-friendly. It's still a Mojo app; however the app will work beautifully on the TouchPad.

Here's the complete changelog:

- Enhancement: Make the app TouchPad-friendly.

- Bug Fix: If an image was previously selected to upload to Facebook and the user reloaded the app, the previously selected image would be posted to Facebook even if the user didn’t select the “pencil” icon to restore the saved draft.

9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 1.1.2 of Quick Post has been submitted to the catalog. The major update is making the app TouchPad-friendly. It's still a Mojo app; however the app will work beautifully on the TouchPad.

Here's the complete changelog:

- Enhancement: Make the app TouchPad-friendly.

- Bug Fix: If an image was previously selected to upload to Facebook and the user reloaded the app, the previously selected image would be posted to Facebook even if the user didn’t select the “pencil” icon to restore the saved draft.
    Version 1.1.2 is now available in the catalog.

10.    #90  
    Someone on Twitter who uses the app on the TouchPad brought up a good point. Quick Post's "queue messages with no internet connection" feature is really handy on the TouchPad when you're in an area with no WiFi connection.

So for all you TouchPad owners out there, be sure to take advantage of this feature. I'm not aware of any other Twitter or Facebook client available on the TouchPad that lets you post messages with no internet connection.

11.    #91  
    For those of you with Android devices, Quick Post for Android is now available! If you'd like to discuss that version, please visit its discussion thread on Android Central: http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...k-posting.html

And of course all discussion related to the webOS version will continue in this thread.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 07/27/2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Hi Dan,
    Just curious if your going to bring the Facebook Places check in and some of the other goodies you brought the first Android release over for us too?
    Thanks,
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hi Dan,
    Just curious if your going to bring the Facebook Places check in and some of the other goodies you brought the first Android release over for us too?
    Thanks,
    I don't know when I'll be adding new features to the webOS version of Quick Post. I have a limited amount of time I have available to work on apps, so I have to choose where I use my time wisely.

While I'm still very much vested in the webOS community, I've come to the realization that I have to branch out. HP has a long ways to go before they can be competitive with Apple and Google. And I'm not talking about their products. I'm talking about their ability to manage a developer and app ecosystem.

Ignoring all of the other issues from the past few months, the fact that they can't get their app download numbers straight after several weeks and refuse to communicate the issue to the whole developer community demonstrates that they're not ready to scale with a growing business.

Right now I'm working on getting Quick Post working on iOS. And yes I may be adding a new feature or two. The Android and iOS versions share the same source code so Android will pick up those changes. Porting it back to webOS would take some time that I don't feel I can spare now.

But speaking of webOS, I have been working on designs for Music Player (Remix) for the TouchPad. So at some point I may decide to start working on it (actual coding). I just got an email from the TouchPad Loaner Device program and I can get a test device if needed. So that would definitely help.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    But speaking of webOS, I have been working on designs for Music Player (Remix) for the TouchPad. So at some point I may decide to start working on it (actual coding). I just got an email from the TouchPad Loaner Device program and I can get a test device if needed. So that would definitely help.
    That is encouraging news.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47

+1000

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  16.    #96  
    I've submitted version 1.1.3 of Quick Post which adds support for the Pre 3. So look out for that coming soon!

17.    #97  
    Quick Post is now available for the Pre 3!

18.    #98  
    Quick Post version 1.1.4 is now available.

Here's the changelog:

- Bug Fix: Dashboard with queued message was not displaying the queued message status. (identified by @errade on Twitter).

- Bug Fix: Adding multiple Facebook accounts would sometimes not work correctly. (identified by Jennifer K. via email)

- Bug Fix: Mentions with an underscore were not cc’d correctly. (identified by @errade on Twitter).

I've tried to reorder the Quick Actions (in just type) in hoping to move Quick Post to the top, but this change doesn't seem to set? Quick Post is still at the bottom of my Quick Actions. Is this a problem with Quick Post or WebOs? I have a Pre3.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    I've tried to reorder the Quick Actions (in just type) in hoping to move Quick Post to the top, but this change doesn't seem to set? Quick Post is still at the bottom of my Quick Actions. Is this a problem with Quick Post or WebOs? I have a Pre3.
    It's a problem with webOS. Unfortunately re-ordering Quick Actions sometimes doesn't work. It is a pain...I wish HP would fix it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast