05/13/2011, 08:54 AM
Version 1.1.0 has been submitted to the app catalog and should be available in a few days. It's a large release with lots of great new features.
Here's the complete changelog:
- New Feature: Add the ability to post images to Facebook and Twitter. For Twitter accounts, images are uploaded to either twitpic or yfrog (customizable on the Preferences screen. For Facebook accounts, the images are uploaded directly to Facebook. To post an image, select the camera icon at the top of the message entry field. To initiate an image upload from Just Type, prefix the message with '-i '. (suggested by multiple people)
- New Feature: If the message has to be split into multiple pieces and there are Twitter mentions, the mentions will be automatically cc'd to each message piece. NOTE: If there are more than 4 mentions, they will not be cc'd. Ex. #FF posts). (suggested by multiple people)
- New Feature: On the Preferences screen, you can now choose your preferred url shortening service (j.mp, bit.ly, or goo.gl). J.mp is the new default service. (suggested by @webOSquire on Twitter)
- New Feature: The app's first hidden easter egg has been added! Hint: Hold on tight, Quick Posting is about to get crazy!
- Enhancement: When splitting messages into multiple pieces, keep the urls shortened to reduce the number of necessary message pieces.
- Enhancement: Do not shorten the following urls: twitpic.com, yfrog.com, and youtu.be. This will ensure the images and videos display properly on the Twitter web site.
- Bug Fix: If you selected destination accounts on the Quick Post screen then went to another screen (like the Help or Preferences screens), when you returned to the Quick Post screen, the default accounts would be re-selected.
- Bug Fix: The 'How do I use Just Type' FAQ incorrectly indicated that adding 'a ' in front of a message would post to all accounts. The correct prefix is 'z '.