webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Hedami > Quick Post (Twitter & Facebook posting)
Quick Post (Twitter & Facebook posting)
Like Tree2Likes

Old 04/21/2011, 04:02 PM   #61 (permalink)

Hey Dan. You see my obnoxiously large tweet? :P
Psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2011, 04:26 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
Hey Dan. You see my obnoxiously large tweet? :P
What's your Twitter name?

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2011, 04:46 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
What's your Twitter name?
Psychonaut42

I'll copy pasta:

(1/4) Hey Dan. DL'ed QP the other day and then changed my fb password yesterday. Tonight I Just Typed an update: "f Blah blah (cont.)

(2/4) blah" and fb errored out on me, which made sense, but the weird thing is, it posted to Twitter. Might be something to look (cont.)

(3/4) into. If you need more info or anything I s'pose we could meet up in the P|C thread. For now I just wanted to post something (cont.)

(4/4) obnoxiously long w/ QP. Heh.
Old 04/21/2011, 05:47 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Psychonaut42

I'll copy pasta:

(1/4) Hey Dan. DL'ed QP the other day and then changed my fb password yesterday. Tonight I Just Typed an update: "f Blah blah (cont.)

(2/4) blah" and fb errored out on me, which made sense, but the weird thing is, it posted to Twitter. Might be something to look (cont.)

(3/4) into. If you need more info or anything I s'pose we could meet up in the P|C thread. For now I just wanted to post something (cont.)

(4/4) obnoxiously long w/ QP. Heh.
At the time of your post to Facebook (that failed due to the change in password), how many Twitter and Facebook accounts did you have set up? And how many of those accounts were set up to be default accounts?

Old 04/21/2011, 05:55 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
At the time of your post to Facebook (that failed due to the change in password), how many Twitter and Facebook accounts did you have set up? And how many of those accounts were set up to be default accounts?
One Twitter and one facebook. Both accounts are set to default, but I began the failed post with "f".
Old 04/21/2011, 06:55 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
One Twitter and one facebook. Both accounts are set to default, but I began the failed post with "f".
I just tried this out and it didn't post to the other default account (Twitter). It only attempted to send the post to the Facebook account, which had an error (since I set it up to fail).

I double-checked in the code and it will only send it to the default accounts if it didn't find a valid shortcut prefix.

One possibility is that you had an extra space before the "f". In that case would not treat it as a shortcut and just send the message to all default accounts.

Another possibility is that you had extra spaces set up in the shortcut prefix (configured on the account edit screen).

Old 04/22/2011, 04:43 PM   #67 (permalink)

Nice little Quick Post review over at WebOSRoundup:
Review: Quick Post | webOSroundup
Volcom45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2011, 05:16 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
Nice little Quick Post review over at WebOSRoundup:
[url= Quick Post | webOSroundup[/url]
Yep, very cool.
Old 04/27/2011, 07:09 AM   #69 (permalink)

Version 1.0.1 is now available in the catalog. Here's the complete changelog:

- Enhancement: Transition to new Facebook smartphone-friendly authorization screen.

- Enhancement: Force the web browser to log off of Facebook before beginning authorization so when adding the 2nd or subsequent Facebook accounts, the user will get a chance to log in. Previously the pin code for the 1st account would be displayed. (reported by Kevin M. via email)

- Enhancement: Add FAQ indicating that the ‘Allow’ button during Facebook authorization may be at the bottom of the page and the user will have to scroll down to reach it.

- Enhancement: Add more useful information on Facebook posting error popups. Also add some debug info for Twitter posting to the logs.

- Bug Fix: Implement changes in the way update statuses are posted to eliminate “Incorrect Signature” errors that a few people may have experienced. (reported by Kerry C. via email)

- Bug Fix: If there are extra spaces in front of a shortcut prefix, the shortcut prefix was not being detected and the message was posting to all default accounts. (reported by @EricJDewey on Twitter)

- Bug Fix: Remove reference to ‘posting songs’ on the Facebook account detail screen. (reported by @Psychonaut42 on Twitter)

- Bug Fix: If there was a notification at the bottom of the screen when loading one of the “info” screens (FAQ, changelog, etc.), the display group wasn’t being formatted properly.

- Bug Fix: Fix typo in the “What if my message is too long?” FAQ. (reported by Joey J. via email).

Thanked by Spader, volcom45
Old 04/27/2011, 02:31 PM   #70 (permalink)

Hi Dan,
Where would I point a dev to your cross launching API info? Lithium Messenger dev asked about it when I requested adding the option to his app.
Thanks,
Old 04/27/2011, 02:39 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Dan,
Where would I point a dev to your cross launching API info? Lithium Messenger dev asked about it when I requested adding the option to his app.
Thanks,
http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ing-guide.html

Thanked By: volcom45
Old 04/29/2011, 06:20 PM   #72 (permalink)

Thanks, Dan--just got the app via your promo. Thanks a bunch! I've been weighing my options between Quick Post and just posting via a full Twitter client, so the promo resolved my dilemma

I have a question (which may be more a general FB apps question than a Quick Post one): When I link my FB account, FB informs me that Quick Post will be able to Access my basic information (including name, friends list, and other stuff), Post to my Wall, and Access my data any time. Obviously this app needs to Post to my Wall, but why does it require me to permit it to access my information, either when it's running or otherwise?
Zahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2011, 06:28 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
Thanks, Dan--just got the app via your promo. Thanks a bunch! I've been weighing my options between Quick Post and just posting via a full Twitter client, so the promo resolved my dilemma

I have a question (which may be more a general FB apps question than a Quick Post one): When I link my FB account, FB informs me that Quick Post will be able to Access my basic information (including name, friends list, and other stuff), Post to my Wall, and Access my data any time. Obviously this app needs to Post to my Wall, but why does it require me to permit it to access my information, either when it's running or otherwise?
It accesses your Facebook screen name which is used as the title of your account. That's the only information I access.

The "when it's running or otherwise" privilege is required to ensure that the access token I receive from Facebook during authorization will never expire. Otherwise, you would have to keep re-authorizing the app.

Thanked By: Zahid
Old 05/13/2011, 09:54 AM   #74 (permalink)

Version 1.1.0 has been submitted to the app catalog and should be available in a few days. It's a large release with lots of great new features.

Here's the complete changelog:

- New Feature: Add the ability to post images to Facebook and Twitter. For Twitter accounts, images are uploaded to either twitpic or yfrog (customizable on the Preferences screen. For Facebook accounts, the images are uploaded directly to Facebook. To post an image, select the camera icon at the top of the message entry field. To initiate an image upload from Just Type, prefix the message with '-i '. (suggested by multiple people)

- New Feature: If the message has to be split into multiple pieces and there are Twitter mentions, the mentions will be automatically cc'd to each message piece. NOTE: If there are more than 4 mentions, they will not be cc'd. Ex. #FF posts). (suggested by multiple people)

- New Feature: On the Preferences screen, you can now choose your preferred url shortening service (j.mp, bit.ly, or goo.gl). J.mp is the new default service. (suggested by @webOSquire on Twitter)

- New Feature: The app's first hidden easter egg has been added! Hint: Hold on tight, Quick Posting is about to get crazy!

- Enhancement: When splitting messages into multiple pieces, keep the urls shortened to reduce the number of necessary message pieces.

- Enhancement: Do not shorten the following urls: twitpic.com, yfrog.com, and youtu.be. This will ensure the images and videos display properly on the Twitter web site.

- Bug Fix: If you selected destination accounts on the Quick Post screen then went to another screen (like the Help or Preferences screens), when you returned to the Quick Post screen, the default accounts would be re-selected.

- Bug Fix: The 'How do I use Just Type' FAQ incorrectly indicated that adding 'a ' in front of a message would post to all accounts. The correct prefix is 'z '.

Old 05/15/2011, 10:02 AM   #75 (permalink)

Version 1.1.0 is now available! Go pick it up.

Old 05/15/2011, 01:05 PM   #76 (permalink)

Love the new version and the just type -i image capability is amazing. I tried it out instantly. What I don't like is that the images are going to a new "Quick Post for webOS Photos" folder rather than my normal "Mobile Uploads" that all my FB pics sent from phone go to. I'd really like a preference for which folder to send to rather than starting a whole new album with such a lengthy name.. Am I alone here?
Old 05/15/2011, 01:16 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Love the new version and the just type -i image capability is amazing. I tried it out instantly. What I don't like is that the images are going to a new "Quick Post for webOS Photos" folder rather than my normal "Mobile Uploads" that all my FB pics sent from phone go to. I'd really like a preference for which folder to send to rather than starting a whole new album with such a lengthy name.. Am I alone here?
It creates that album based upon the app's name. I did it that way because otherwise the app would need permission to create and access photo albums. That means people would need to re-authenticate their Facebook accounts. I'd rather not do that unless absolutely necessary.
Old 05/15/2011, 01:19 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
It creates that album based upon the app's name. I did it that way because otherwise the app would need permission to create and access photo albums. That means people would need to re-authenticate their Facebook accounts. I'd rather not do that unless absolutely necessary.
I'd much rather re-authenticate then now have to deal with 2 different mobile upload folders.. not very organized.. but, ok.
Old 05/15/2011, 02:26 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd much rather re-authenticate then now have to deal with 2 different mobile upload folders.. not very organized.. but, ok.
You wouldn't mind, but someone who just wants to post photos to their wall may not understand why the app is asking for them to re-authenticate. It's not too user-friendly.

But if enough people request this feature (selecting or creating the destination album), I'll add it.
Old 05/16/2011, 03:41 PM   #80 (permalink)

I.........Love.............This..............App!

The new photo posting feature is absolutely awesome! I love being able to post a picture to twitpic on Twitter while at the same time it's actually VISIBLE on Facebook instead of just showing up as a twitpic link.

Thanks a bunch Dan!

I'll second volcom's request to have it post to the mobile uploads folder instead of it's own to keep things a little more organized. But if not it's still decent the way it is.

I can't wait to hopefully try it out on WebOS 2.x someday with the Just Type.
tjdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DanPLC

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0