Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I'm pretty sure even a small coffee at Starbucks is more than that!

Plus, I'd wager that QP won't leave a burnt taste in my mouth. haha
    Yeah you're probably correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Can't wait to snag this one, seems like the perfect compliment to Carbon. One to read my tweets and @mentions and one for quick, no hassle posting. My followers won't know what hit them!
    And that's what it was designed for...to be a companion to Twitter and Facebook apps. Other Twitter and Facebook apps have tons of features related to managing your Twitter accounts, but posting IMO is very basic in most apps. Quick Post is designed to allow people to post without worrying about things like char limits, multiple account copying, internet connections, etc.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    I know, I know Was teasing with that post--but am tempted to tweet @Adora to let her know to approve pronto, she'd love the app too And she did approve an update to @SportsLive App over the w/e, so she was working on that and issues with App Catalog
    Hey if you want to tweet her and ask about its approval, please do!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Hey if you want to tweet her and ask about its approval, please do!
    Already did
  4.    #44  
    Already did
    Yeah I saw that thanks!

5.    #45  
    PreCentral posted a great review of Quick Post, including a video. Check it out: App Review: Quick Post [video] | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Dan,

When I try to download/install this morning, I get the 'This application is not available for your model.' message. I'm running a Pre2 with 2.1....something going on still with that whole min os issue you mentioned last week?

Norris
  7.    #47  
    Dan,

When I try to download/install this morning, I get the 'This application is not available for your model.' message. I'm running a Pre2 with 2.1....something going on still with that whole min os issue you mentioned last week?

Norris
    There may be some issues in the catalog. I'll ask HP about it.

I can see the app on my Pre- (running 1.4.5), but not on my Pre 2 (running 2.1); however some people can see it on 2.1. So everybody who's interested in getting the app, go check it out in the catalog and see if you can access it.

8.    #48  
    If you can't see the app on your 2.1 device, or you get the "This application is not available for your model", please be patient. Other apps have experienced the same issue recently. We'll get it sorted out soon. Stay tuned to this forum thread or on my Twitter account (@Hedami) for updates.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    If you can't see the app on your 2.1 device, or you get the "This application is not available for your model", please be patient. Other apps have experienced the same issue recently. We'll get it sorted out soon. Stay tuned to this forum thread or on my Twitter account (@Hedami) for updates.
    Thanks for the update....tracking via Twitter and hopefully Adora/HP get things ironed out soon. Seems to have been a bunch of app catalog issues recently
  10.    #50  
    Thanks for the update....tracking via Twitter and hopefully Adora/HP get things ironed out soon. Seems to have been a bunch of app catalog issues recently
    Yes there have been. It's been going on for months now.

11.    #51  
    I'm seeing the app in the catalog on my Pre 2. So I think the issue is fixed. If you had an issue seeing it, go try it now.

Just downloaded! Thanks!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Just purchased! Thanks Dan!
  14.    #54  
    For those who've picked up the app and had time to play with it, please remember to take a minute to post a review. All reviews are much appreciated!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    after looking back at the video a few more times around, I'd like to question whether or not the accounts needs to span a full line, and also be in a container within a container. once you've set up your accounts in the initial go-around, what are the advantages of being able to see your account name thereafter? i would think that a simple square 'Facebook' or 'Twitter' icon in a horizontal row that you would be able to tap and select would suffice.is there any reason why the account name should be visible at all times even after setting them up?
    Ok, got it and really nice app. My only comment is that when you have the window to select the account to post to, it seems to want to scroll past the accounts. I see that you select the account by tapping and then it turn dark. But when you scroll, it keeps rolling past the account so it makes it hard to tap. Any maybe lighten up the grey in the typing window. It's just a little dark when using black type. Otherwise, great app.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by msechea View Post
    after looking back at the video a few more times around, I'd like to question whether or not the accounts needs to span a full line, and also be in a container within a container. once you've set up your accounts in the initial go-around, what are the advantages of being able to see your account name thereafter? i would think that a simple square 'Facebook' or 'Twitter' icon in a horizontal row that you would be able to tap and select would suffice.is there any reason why the account name should be visible at all times even after setting them up?
    Some people have multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts that they'll be posting to with the app. The name is how you'll identify which account it is.

18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Ok, got it and really nice app. My only comment is that when you have the window to select the account to post to, it seems to want to scroll past the accounts. I see that you select the account by tapping and then it turn dark. But when you scroll, it keeps rolling past the account so it makes it hard to tap. Any maybe lighten up the grey in the typing window. It's just a little dark when using black type. Otherwise, great app.
    You can expand the account list by tapping anywhere outside of the message text field. This displays 3 accounts at a time and should make it easy to scroll.

The font color in the text field is actually a light color. The first time you set up an account it shows up as black for some reason (I have this on my bug list). But the next time you use the app you should see the lighter font.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    You can expand the account list by tapping anywhere outside of the message text field. This displays 3 accounts at a time and should make it easy to scroll.
    Thanks...this actually helps. You should actually set this as the default starting position of the page because I would never have figured this out.

Also as a future update could it be possible to allow the user to customize the order that the accounts are listed in? because of multiple accounts I'd rather be able to group certain facebook accounts with certain twitter accounts instead of ordering by application.

Only made one post so far but it couldn't have been easier. I can already see that this will be an instant high usage application for me. Thanks!!!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    Thanks...this actually helps. You should actually set this as the default starting position of the page because I would never have figured this out.
    You missed the popup that appears the first time you load this page. It tells you how to expand the accounts list. I added this "first time" informational popup because I knew some people may not figure it out right away.

I want the text field to be expanded when it has focus, and it should have focus as soon as the screen loads so people can start typing immediately.

Also as a future update could it be possible to allow the user to customize the order that the accounts are listed in? because of multiple accounts I'd rather be able to group certain facebook accounts with certain twitter accounts instead of ordering by application.
    I'll consider it if enough people ask for it. Honestly I didn't bother implementing this because I figured that most people have a relatively small number of accounts and it would be easier for them to have it sorted automatically.

Only made one post so far but it couldn't have been easier. I can already see that this will be an instant high usage application for me. Thanks!!!
    Very good!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast