Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 115
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    Question Dan, so if you have a long message and it fails to compress it and moves onto the multiple posting, does it multiple post based off the compressed version that failed or the original version? So like would the bit.ly link still be in it or would it go back to your initial url? etc?
  2. #22  
    Great app idea!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Question Dan, so if you have a long message and it fails to compress it and moves onto the multiple posting, does it multiple post based off the compressed version that failed or the original version? So like would the bit.ly link still be in it or would it go back to your initial url? etc?
    It will auto-split the original version, not the compressed version. I figured once the app decides it needs to split it up, it should use your original typed version.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It will auto-split the original version, not the compressed version. I figured once the app decides it needs to split it up, it should use your original typed version.
    Perfect, that is what I was hoping.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Perfect, that is what I was hoping.
    Perfect indeed. And how about if you're posting to fb and twitter and QP resorts to splitting a 250 Char post... "(x/y)" doesn't show up on fb but does on twitter?


    P.S. Looks really sweet Dan! Well done!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Perfect indeed. And how about if you're posting to fb and twitter and QP resorts to splitting a 250 Char post... "(x/y)" doesn't show up on fb but does on twitter?


    P.S. Looks really sweet Dan! Well done!
    It will only include the "(x/y)" prefix if the message is being split into multiple pieces. So if the char count is 250, the message would be split up on Twitter but would remain a single post on Facebook.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7.    #27  
    I just created a new compression technique which will be configurable on the Preferences screen. It replaces certain two and three letter character groups with a single unicode character.

    Using this option, if you go over the limit by a relatively small amount, in many cases it will allow you to keep the exact wording of your post, yet still fit in the character limit.

    Here's a demo tweet I sent out: https://twitter.com/#!/hedami/status/58747990231355392
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I just created a new compression technique which will be configurable on the Preferences screen. It replaces certain two and three letter character groups with a single unicode character.

    Using this option, if you go over the limit by a relatively small amount, in many cases it will allow you to keep the exact wording of your post, yet still fit in the character limit.

    Here's a demo tweet I sent out: https://twitter.com/#!/hedami/status/58747990231355392
    For those of you who checked out my demo tweet on a webOS 2.x device, you may have noticed some of the characters were messed up. Apparently webOS 2.x has a bug that prevents it from displaying certain unicode characters. They display fine on webOS 1.x as well as all modern desktop operating systems.

    I've eliminated those few unicode characters from my compression routine, so all future compressed posts will look fine. And again this can also be completely disabled on the Preferences screen if you don't like the look of the unicode characters. But personally, I think they look kinda neat.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9.    #29  
    I've posted a new video demonstrating 3 new features in Quick Post:

    The 3 features are:

    - Message queuing when no internet connection is present. If a message is sent (within the app or using Just Type) and no internet connection is present, they message is loaded into a dashboard notification. As soon as the internet connection is restored, Quick Post will automatically start sending the messages. This is going to be extremely useful for people who regularly travel in no-network areas (like subway riders, flying on airplanes, etc.). Now you can post your thoughts anytime you like without having to worry about a good network connection. I'm not aware of any other Twitter or Facebook app that does this.

    - When composing a message in the app, a draft is automatically saved. If you close the app or experience some type of send error (like if Twitter or Facebook is down), you can re-open the app later, tap on the new "pencil" icon at the top of the screen, and the message and selected destination accounts are restored.

    - Unicode compression (which I talked about a few posts ago).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. #30  
    So, what happens if we accidentally swipe away the queued messages notification down at the bottom? Are they still queued inside of the app? Or does that discard them?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    So, what happens if we accidentally swipe away the queued messages notification down at the bottom? Are they still queued inside of the app? Or does that discard them?
    Swiping the dashboard away is the way to notify Quick Post that you want to abort and discard the messages. So if you're in a "no internet" zone, just leave your notification at the bottom of your screen. There's really no reason to interact with it. It'll de-queue the messages by itself once the internet connection is restored.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 04/17/2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12.    #32  
    Quick Post has been submitted to the app catalog!!! Hopefully it should be available for all webOS 1.x and 2.x users in a few days.

    It'll be available for the low price of $1.50 USD, the same price you'd pay for a small coffee at Starbucks!

    Here's the intro video that will be posted with the app in the catalog:
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. #33  
    Dan, do you think you would add picture posting in the future? I guess it might mess up the compression or what not (maybe it could be uncompressed in that case). Just thought it'd be cool for those taking a screenshot times.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Dan, do you think you would add picture posting in the future? I guess it might mess up the compression or what not (maybe it could be uncompressed in that case). Just thought it'd be cool for those taking a screenshot times.
    Yeah I'll probably add this. The main point of the app is to post quickly in a single step (especially with Just Type on webOS 2.0), so that's why the initial release didn't have image posting. But I can see how people may find it handy when posting within the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  15. #35  
    Cool, I 'm going to use this regardless of whether a full twitter app had Quick Action support or not, so if it had image uploading I wouldn't have to have both QA's in the same post. Since you have shortcut support, do you think you could add in sort of like an image flag? So say, for example, I took a screenshot, then I start typing "t -i this is a screenshot of etcetc", so that instead of straight posting, it would launch so that I could select a picture, then go away.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Cool, I 'm going to use this regardless of whether a full twitter app had Quick Action support or not, so if it had image uploading I wouldn't have to have both QA's in the same post. Since you have shortcut support, do you think you could add in sort of like an image flag? So say, for example, I took a screenshot, then I start typing "t -i this is a screenshot of etcetc", so that instead of straight posting, it would launch so that I could select a picture, then go away.
    Yeah that's a good idea. I'll do that.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17. npyle's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Quick Post has been submitted to the app catalog!!! Hopefully it should be available for all webOS 1.x and 2.x users in a few days.

    It'll be available for the low price of $1.50 USD, the same price you'd pay for a small coffee at Starbucks!

    Here's the intro video that will be posted with the app in the catalog:
    Keep checking for it, but not available yet Come on HP/Palm--need this app pronto!!!!
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Quick Post has been submitted to the app catalog!!! Hopefully it should be available for all webOS 1.x and 2.x users in a few days.

    It'll be available for the low price of $1.50 USD, the same price you'd pay for a small coffee at Starbucks!

    Here's the intro video that will be posted with the app in the catalog:
    I'm pretty sure even a small coffee at Starbucks is more than that!

    Plus, I'd wager that QP won't leave a burnt taste in my mouth. haha

    Can't wait to snag this one, seems like the perfect compliment to Carbon. One to read my tweets and @mentions and one for quick, no hassle posting. My followers won't know what hit them!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Keep checking for it, but not available yet Come on HP/Palm--need this app pronto!!!!
    Well I submitted it on a weekend, so I wouldn't have expected them to work on it yesterday. And right now it's 7am in Sunnyvale, so they're probably just waking up. But it may show up later today. My guess would be tomorrow.

    As soon as it gets into the catalog, I'll post the news here and on Twitter.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  20. npyle's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well I submitted it on a weekend, so I wouldn't have expected them to work on it yesterday. And right now it's 7am in Sunnyvale, so they're probably just waking up. But it may show up later today. My guess would be tomorrow.

    As soon as it gets into the catalog, I'll post the news here and on Twitter.
    I know, I know Was teasing with that post--but am tempted to tweet @Adora to let her know to approve pronto, she'd love the app too And she did approve an update to @SportsLive App over the w/e, so she was working on that and issues with App Catalog
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions