1.    #1  
    EDIT: There is a webOS 2.x bug that causes 3rd party music apps to lose permission to the device's media library. This results in the app not being able to display any music.

Jason Robitaille was kind enough to create an IPK that fixes this issue.

Here's the link to the IPK: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/ca.c..._1.0.0_all.ipk

If you have Preware or Internalz Pro (homebrew version), you should be able to click the link on your device to install it. Or you can download the IPK and install it on your computer using webOS Quick Install.

Afterward, run Music Player (Remix) and you will be prompted to allow the app access to your media library. Once you allow access, the app will once again be able to display your music.

(NOTE: If you're having issues with your device being detected by webOS Quick Install or with connecting via novacom, try out Jason's Novacom Installer: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ni-v1-1-a.html. But make sure you install it on your default drive (which in Windows is usually the c: drive. It won't work installed on any other drive).

------------------------------------------------

As described in this thread (http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2895004), there is a bug in webOS 2.x where 3rd party music apps can have their permissions to the music library revoked. This renders the app unusable. In the post linked above, there is a workaround to fix the issue.

There have been several reports of people having this issue who applied the 2.1 OTA update to their Pre 2's. I've put in another support request to HP/Palm to have them fix this critical webOS bug, but in the meantime the workaround mentioned in the link above will get the app working again.

I've also put in a request for HP/Palm to develop a more user-friendly workaround/fix. If they deliver, I'll post it here.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 03/22/2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added link to webOS Quick Install
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Well I've tried hiding and un-hiding the folder. I've applied the .ipk above. I've completely removed the "music" folder and created a new one.

I didn't get an option or prompt to allow media access. I am using supported files.

I got the advanced options for Launcher and have toggle dev mode, rescan apps, run gc, but no rescan media index.

This is starting to get heavy on the "lame" side.

Going to try deleting the app and reinstall and see what happens.

I cannot download the 2. Web Feed edition now, unsupported device yadayadayada.

Homebrew edition downloaded, and I get this error "will not work on your version of webOS"
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/02/2011 at 02:27 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Well I've tried hiding and un-hiding the folder. I've applied the .ipk above. I've completely removed the "music" folder and created a new one.

I didn't get an option or prompt to allow media access. I am using supported files.

I got the advanced options for Launcher and have toggle dev mode, rescan apps, run gc, but no rescan media index.

This is starting to get heavy on the "lame" side.

Going to try deleting the app and reinstall and see what happens.

I cannot download the 2. Web Feed edition now, unsupported device yadayadayada.

Homebrew edition downloaded, and I get this error "will not work on your version of webOS"
    You haven't indicated what your issue is. The IPK fix listed in this thread is only for when you can't access any music files in 3rd party music apps (like Remix), but you can see all your files in the built-in music app. If you're experiencing something else, the IPK fix listed in this thread will not fix your issue.

If you're experiencing an issue with some files not showing up in all your music apps (including the built-in one), then you're having an issue with the webOS media indexer not scanning. This is separate from the issue listed in this thread. There are other threads on PreCentral that discusses this issue and possible fixes.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I'm also getting error "com.palm.mediadb is not running", and for me it happens when I launch the Amigo 1.1.1 app on webOS 2.1.0 on German Pre Plus. I have gotten this error every time I've tried to use this app.

I have no problem with any tracks when using the built-in Music app.

I activated in a country that isn't allowed to install Music Player Remixed, so I can't test that non-free app.

I used Preware 1.7.0 to install the IPK fix indicated earlier in this thread, restarted Luna Mgr, and relaunched Amigo, but there is no prompt, only the same error.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrobot View Post
    I'm also getting error "com.palm.mediadb is not running", and for me it happens when I launch the Amigo 1.1.1 app on webOS 2.1.0 on German Pre Plus. I have gotten this error every time I've tried to use this app.
    You're getting that error because the homebrew version of Amigo is not compatible with webOS 2.x. That has nothing to do with the issue being discussed in this thread.