Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    patch worked great for me!! thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    patch worked great for me!! thanks all!
    To clarify, are you referring to Jason's IPK? If so, how did you install it?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Palm Pre 2 GSM / EU unlocked version
    Trouble with files and music player (remix) after OTA 2.0.1. to 2.10

My first attempt installing the fix via webosquickinstall 4.03 wasn´t sucessful.

Then I started webosdoctor WITHOUT plugging my Palm Pre2 to my notebook and quitted it when it asked me to plug in the phone. Next step was to run webosquickinstall 4.03 again and let it install the fix a second time and voila, it worked

Thank you very much for the fast and competent advice!

Dirk
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    yes, I used jason's patch. I am on my pre2 now, and I just tapped the dropbox link. It opened a blank browser window, and redirected to preware, then I clicked install button in preware.
    Thanks for the updates folks. And thanks again to Jason for coming up with an easier solution.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Did he get an error? How did he install it? palm-install SDK won't work.
    I'm not sure how he installed it.. Unfortunately for this person, the command line solution doesn't work either. I'm going to refer him to palm so they can debug it.

I can confirm it is the permissions issue because he sent me the logs.

UPDATE: Need to report back. This user's permission error was fixed by a reinstall of Koto and a few hours.
    Last edited by Tibfib; 03/11/2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Danplc I was logging in to tell you about the no music issue when I saw this thread. I had already emailed tibfib my logs koto player was having the same issue. The second ipk Jason created solved my no music playing problems. I installed the ipk via internalz.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Danplc I was logging in to tell you about the no music issue when I saw this thread. I had already emailed tibfib my logs koto player was having the same issue. The second ipk Jason created solved my no music playing problems. I installed the ipk via internalz.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks for the report. But I'm confused...which "second ipk" are you talking about? I'm only aware of one IPK that Jason created (linked in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2903551).

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The patch works for me too.

Pre 2 locked on webOS 2.1 and in dev mode using webOSquickinstall 4.04/Jason's Novacom Universal Installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post

Pre 2 locked on webOS 2.1 and in dev mode using webOSquickinstall 4.04/Jason's Novacom Universal Installer.
    Thanks for the update. Yeah I've had plenty of people use Jason's IPK successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post

Same for me, glad havin' Music Remix running again on my pre2
    I am having an issue w/ Amazon Mp3 not playing the sample audio clip. Before I had this problem when I had the ad blocker on, but I dont have that anymore. Could this be related to this bug too w/ Amazon Mp3?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I am having an issue w/ Amazon Mp3 not playing the sample audio clip. Before I had this problem when I had the ad blocker on, but I dont have that anymore. Could this be related to this bug too w/ Amazon Mp3?
    No that's not related to the bug discussed in this thread. This bug only affects the ability of 3rd party music apps to access the device's media library. The Amazon music app is most likely streaming the audio over the internet when playing samples.

The same, or a similar, bug seems to be happening to me in 3.0 on the TouchPad, and the ipk from this thread is not solving the problem. Koto lite (after I install the ipk) gives me the error message "The app can not access your music... {"returnValue":True, "isAllowed":false, "reason": "Internal database error"}", Amigo gives me the error message "com.palm.mediadb is not running", and Audiophile simply freezes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanomx View Post
    The same, or a similar, bug seems to be happening to me in 3.0 on the TouchPad, and the ipk from this thread is not solving the problem. Koto lite (after I install the ipk) gives me the error message "The app can not access your music... {"returnValue":True, "isAllowed":false, "reason": "Internal database error"}", Amigo gives me the error message "com.palm.mediadb is not running", and Audiophile simply freezes up.
    You've mentioned the errors of a bunch of apps, but failed to mention the error you receive when using Music Player (Remix). That is the only app I support.

That being said, Music Player (Remix) isn't available on the TouchPad and is not supported on that device. For a short period of time it was available on the TouchPad, but that was due to a bug on HP's app portal. It was never meant to be available on the TouchPad due to Mojo emulation issues.

If you'd like to provide details about the error you're receiving in Music Player (Remix) you can do so here. However since the app is not supported on the TouchPad, I can't guarantee I'll be able to help you.

I did try to install Remix on the TouchPad, and it loads but with very limited functionality (navigating through a few help and preference menus, but no playing music). I suspect this is due to its general incompatibility with 3.0, not due to a repeat of the same bug.

DanPLC, I understand that you do not support those other applications; I'm merely hoping that someone following this thread might have an idea how to address the bug, since the original problem was common to many apps. Koto is even directing users to this thread, which is how I got here.
    I did try to install Remix on the TouchPad, and it loads but with very limited functionality (navigating through a few help and preference menus, but no playing music). I suspect this is due to its general incompatibility with 3.0, not due to a repeat of the same bug.

DanPLC, I understand that you do not support those other applications; I'm merely hoping that someone following this thread might have an idea how to address the bug, since the original problem was common to many apps. Koto is even directing users to this thread, which is how I got here.
    When did you try to install Remix? Because it's not currently available in the TouchPad catalog and hasn't been for awhile.

If you were experiencing the bug discussed in this thread, Remix would display a popup indicating this when you loaded the app. If you're not receiving this popup, then most likely you're not experiencing the bug discussed in this thread.

Therefore if you're having issues with other apps, you should provide the details to those developers so they can investigate it.

It was the last homebrew version of Remix, installed via preware. I knew all along it was a shot in the dark, but I was trying any third-party players I could find to see if anything worked.

If the bug isn't fixed by the upcoming update, then Koto support is certainly the next step. In 20/20 hindsight, maybe it should have been the first step, but since that program directed me to this thread for a solution, I hope you can see why I thought to post here when that solution didn't work.
    It was the last homebrew version of Remix, installed via preware. I knew all along it was a shot in the dark, but I was trying any third-party players I could find to see if anything worked.

If the bug isn't fixed by the upcoming update, then Koto support is certainly the next step. In 20/20 hindsight, maybe it should have been the first step, but since that program directed me to this thread for a solution, I hope you can see why I thought to post here when that solution didn't work.
    Well there's your problem...the homebrew version of Remix is not compatible with webOS 2.x or webOS 3.x. That's why it's not working. Only the app catalog version is compatible with webOS 2.x. The app catalog version is not available to webOS 3.x devices (TouchPad).

The bug discussed in this thread is specific to the app catalog version of Remix (and other 3rd party music apps designed for webOS 2.x).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12