Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Haha, not that big of a deal, but it usually happens most when I'm trying to show the app off to someone, and I'm like, ugh! :P
    If I ever have this issue, it's usually in the car when I'm trying to swipe with the phone docked on the console. Sometimes I swipe too slowly. If I have it stationary in front of me, I can get it to work every time. You just have to make sure not to swipe slowly.

By the way, I've tested my app on both the Pre+ and Pre 2. I was actually using the Pre+ for most of the development during my private beta testing because back then we didn't have a 2.1 doctor for the Pre 2. We only received the 2.1 doctor for the Pre+.

The only other suggestion I have is to not start your swipe at the very edge of the screen. Sometimes webOS can't detect taps or swipes at the very edge of the screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkloosterman View Post
    I use Music Player (Remix) to listen to Chinese lesson podcasts. One thing I really miss is being able to view the "lyrics" contained in the MP3 metadata (UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag). They provide a summary of the new lesson vocabulary

I understand from other forum posts that the Media API doesn't give apps full access to reading the MP3 tags.
    You're correct, the media indexing API doesn't provide access to embedded lyrics. Now that the 2.1 SDK NDA is lifted I can say publicly that the amount of data we have available is minimal. I don't know what HP is thinking. They should be providing all ID3 tag data (or at least most of it).

And looking at the built-in music app source code, it looks like there are APIs for writing back to the tags, but of course these are private APIs. Hopefully they'll make them public one day. But anyway...back on topic...

Now that the lyrics are being cached in a database, would it be possible to generate/update a custom lyrics database on a PC that would extract the MP3 lyrics tags and store them in the correct format? Is the lyrics database file format open for someone to write a 3rd party utility to populate it with custom lyrics?
    Apps can't write to another app's db8 database. So I don't think this is possible.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

3.    #163  
    In reference to my last post (speaking about the minimal amount of data provided by the media indexing API). You want to know something really sad? The API provides 2 additional fields that were not available in the old API: createdTime and duration. But guess what? There's a bug in webOS where these 2 fields are always set to 0. So we actually don't have any more data than was available in the old private media indexing API. I informed HP of the bug months ago and they never fixed it. This is true of many bugs currently present in webOS 2.x actually.

Another bug which they were informed of months ago was that the meta-tap doesn't work in webOS 2.x. A "meta-tap" is tapping the gesture area below the screen. Apps can no longer detect meta-taps. I had planned to have mini-controls for awhile now and was planning on displaying them via a meta-tap, but because of this bug, I shelved the idea. Now that 2.1 was released with the bug, I had to change things up and use a forward gesture.

And I had to remove features due to the "createdTime" and "duration" bugs. There's a 6th hidden autolist called "New Music" implemented in the code that makes use of "createdTime". And the "Auto DJ" autolist was going to use "duration".

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You're correct, the media indexing API doesn't provide access to embedded lyrics. Now that the 2.1 SDK NDA is lifted I can say publicly that the amount of data we have available is minimal. I don't know what HP is thinking. They should be providing all ID3 tag data (or at least most of it).

And looking at the built-in music app source code, it looks like there are APIs for writing back to the tags, but of course these are private APIs. Hopefully they'll make them public one day. But anyway...back on topic...

Apps can't write to another app's db8 database. So I don't think this is possible.
    What about using Save/Restore to get a copy of the lyrics database file (com.hedami.mprweb.lyrics), adding the custom lyrics offline, and then restoring it back again? Does Save/Restore backup the Music Player Remix database files? I just tried it and I don't see them there.
    If I ever have this issue, it's usually in the car when I'm trying to swipe with the phone docked on the console. Sometimes I swipe too slowly. If I have it stationary in front of me, I can get it to work every time. You just have to make sure not to swipe slowly.

The only other suggestion I have is to not start your swipe at the very edge of the screen. Sometimes webOS can't detect taps or swipes at the very edge of the screen.
    Thanks for the tip! I've played around some now with swiping faster and from a little ways in from edge of screen and it hasn't missed once. It pays to know the developer
  6.    #166  
    What about using Save/Restore to get a copy of the lyrics database file (com.hedami.mprweb.lyrics), adding the custom lyrics offline, and then restoring it back again? Does Save/Restore backup the Music Player Remix database files? I just tried it and I don't see them there.
    If Save/Restore can back up and restore db8 databases and someone creates a Save/Restore script for the app, then I suppose that would work.

7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I've played around some now with swiping faster and from a little ways in from edge of screen and it hasn't missed once. It pays to know the developer
    Yeah I guess I do know all the little secrets.

8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Dan, since the weekend I have my Pre2 working and also the new Remixer version.

I use a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset. It has a small OLED small display. Since webOs 2.1 I see the song name there when a new track start if I use the Palm Music app.
    I do not get any display if I uses Remixer app.

Could you please check what they do different to trigger the display of the song name on the Bluetooth receiver.
    For me it looks like you need to send a api call to trigger the display. The good part, if that is true, is that you can then decide what to display.

Thanks in advance and all the work you already invested.

HaPe
    It looks like the built-in music app uses the mediabroadcast service to update media devices. Unfortunately this is a private API so I won't be able to use it.

The app used to accept any swipe, regardless of how light it was. This would result in accidental swipes, so I changed it (before the initial app catalog release) to only accept swipes with a certain speed. The value I chose worked well in my testing; however since then I have had a few occasions when it missed a swipe. I guess I can modify the sensitivity a bit.
    +1 to tweaked sensitivity. I have trouble getting the swipes to now playing, or main menu working.
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    +1 to tweaked sensitivity. I have trouble getting the swipes to now playing, or main menu working.
    I'll play around with them some more.

BTW, I just recognized your avatar. DOTT is the best game ever!

I've monitored Music Player (Remix) using Palm's official resource measurement tool (Worm) and there are no memory leaks that I can see. When I first started the Music Player (Remix) 2.0 project, one of the first things I did was clean up all the memory handling in the app.

So I don't think the app itself has a memory leak; however it's possible the webOS audio system does since Worm only measures resources directly being used by the app. However the fact that you only have issues with BT audio seems to suggest to me that it's not a memory leak causing this issue, or if there is one it's caused by the bluetooth system.
    I am experiencing this playing through the phone speaker as well as BT, so i'm beginning to think this is with the webOS audio system... I'll create a separate thread for this rather than keep polluting the MPR thread with these posts.

DOTT is such a hilarious game. I can't help but laugh at it years after first playing it.

Edit: That thread is here: http://forums.precentral.net/general...mory-leak.html
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 03/23/2011 at 06:47 AM.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I am experiencing this playing through the phone speaker as well as BT, so i'm beginning to think this is with the webOS audio system... I'll create a separate thread for this rather than keep polluting the MPR thread with these posts.

DOTT is such a hilarious game. I can't help but laugh at it years after first playing it.
    Well hopefully you find your answer.

Yeah I try to replay DOTT every few years.
    I have WebOS 2.1 installed on my Pre - but my profile is at 1.4.5 so I can't see / purchase any 2.x apps.

Is it possible to purchase this app elsewhere?
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    I have WebOS 2.1 installed on my Pre - but my profile is at 1.4.5 so I can't see / purchase any 2.x apps.

Is it possible to purchase this app elsewhere?
    Yes, I've uploaded the app to the web feed for people in your boat: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

This version is identical to the normal app catalog version.

Thank you Dan.

I just purchased the app

Yes, I've uploaded the app to the web feed for people in your boat: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

This version is identical to the normal app catalog version.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Thank you Dan.

I just purchased the app
    Thanks for the purchase!

If Save/Restore can back up and restore db8 databases and someone creates a Save/Restore script for the app, then I suppose that would work.
    What is the path where the db8 files are stored?
  18.    #178  
    What is the path where the db8 files are stored?
    There are no individual files associated with db8. Db8 is a central database. According to the Palm documentation, it's stored in /var/db.

Today I noticed a bug. When I add a song to one of my flylists, sometimes it puts it in a random spot. This wouldn't really bother me, but the flylists are kinda big (40-70 songs) and it's hard to track 'em down. It also won't let me move them after that. I'm not sure if it's also adding doubles or just showing th info for a different song as well. It seems like the issue that some people were having with faves.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I'm running Remix (the 14-day trial version) on my Verizon Pre Plus, using WebOS 2.1. Something I've noticed since upgrading to 2.0.10 is that the karaoke feature has stopped working. Before, from the lyrics sheet, I'd hit the karaoke button and the playback would stutter for 1-2 seconds and then continue, and I could record myself in all my tuneless glory.

Now, when I hit the karaoke button, playback stops and never restarts. Once the message "you're now in karaoke mode ... start singing!" or whatever displays, Remix is actually recording me, but there's no musical accompaniment. It's like the worst of both worlds--me singing with no music to keep me in tune or drown me out.

Is this just my device or what?
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast