Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #141  
    Version 2.0.10 (mentioned a few posts up) is now available in the app catalog. So go pick it up!

Oddly enough, the web feed version hasn't updated yet. The web feed version shouldn't require an app review and should update in a few hours. But somehow the regular app catalog version, that does require a review, made it into the catalog first.

Obviously there's something about my app that chokes the web feed auto app checker. I just wish HP would fix it already. I hate having to bug Palm Dev Relations everytime I make an app update.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks Dan! Big release, those mini controls look hot!
    I agree, the mini controls are sweet. Dan, a while ago I mentioned that it would be nice to have a menu for fave items like there is in the rest of the app. I think I have an idea of how to implement this. You could put an option in the preferences screen that would change what a tap on an item does. Have it default to play, but an option for tap to bring up a menu. On a side note, with the change to lyrics(in the update) would this make it easier to have an option to copy?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I agree, the mini controls are sweet. Dan, a while ago I mentioned that it would be nice to have a menu for fave items like there is in the rest of the app. I think I have an idea of how to implement this. You could put an option in the preferences screen that would change what a tap on an item does. Have it default to play, but an option for tap to bring up a menu. On a side note, with the change to lyrics(in the update) would this make it easier to have an option to copy?
    That would work, but I've thought of a slicker way of doing it. So that'll be in an upcoming release.

The lyrics copying (or emailing) feature is still on my to-do list. The lyrics caching feature I added doesn't really have any consequence on how the lyrics copying feature will be implemented.
    I love everything about this new release, Dan! Much thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    That would work, but I've thought of a slicker way of doing it. So that'll be in an upcoming release.

The lyrics copying (or emailing) feature is still on my to-do list. The lyrics caching feature I added doesn't really have any consequence on how the lyrics copying feature will be implemented.
    Awesome. Glad to hear that these features are coming. Thanks.
  6.    #146  
    I love everything about this new release, Dan! Much thanks!
    Glad you're liking it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

7.    #147  
    Version 2.0.10 (mentioned a few posts up) is now available in the app catalog. So go pick it up!

Oddly enough, the web feed version hasn't updated yet. The web feed version shouldn't require an app review and should update in a few hours. But somehow the regular app catalog version, that does require a review, made it into the catalog first.

Obviously there's something about my app that chokes the web feed auto app checker. I just wish HP would fix it already. I hate having to bug Palm Dev Relations everytime I make an app update.
    The web feed just updated, so if you're using this version you can go pick up the update.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Dan, since the weekend I have my Pre2 working and also the new Remixer version.

I use a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset. It has a small OLED small display. Since webOs 2.1 I see the song name there when a new track start if I use the Palm Music app.
    I do not get any display if I uses Remixer app.

Could you please check what they do different to trigger the display of the song name on the Bluetooth receiver.
    For me it looks like you need to send a api call to trigger the display. The good part, if that is true, is that you can then decide what to display.

Thanks in advance and all the work you already invested.

HaPe
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Dan, since the weekend I have my Pre2 working and also the new Remixer version.

I use a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset. It has a small OLED small display. Since webOs 2.1 I see the song name there when a new track start if I use the Palm Music app.
    I do not get any display if I uses Remixer app.

Could you please check what they do different to trigger the display of the song name on the Bluetooth receiver.
    For me it looks like you need to send a api call to trigger the display. The good part, if that is true, is that you can then decide what to display.

Thanks in advance and all the work you already invested.

HaPe
    Someone else emailed me about this actually. I'm going to investigate to see how the built-in music app does this. If it's a public API, then I'll add it. If it's a private API, I won't be able to do it. I'll post back here once I figure it out.

Someone else emailed me about this actually. I'm going to investigate to see how the built-in music app does this. If it's a public API, then I'll add it. If it's a private API, I won't be able to do it. I'll post back here once I figure it out.
    I noticed something similar in Win7 actually: when connected via bluetooth and controlling my Pre+ with windows, when the song changes and i'm using the built in music player the control window pops-up and shows the new song. With MPR it doesn't do that.
    I mentioned a couple pages back the issue i'm having with BT audio stuttering. I may have some insight into this, and wanted some input.

With both MPR and the built in music player my free RAM (as found in govnah) appears to steadily decrease. It decreases as long as the music player is open. When i skip a song, it decreases. Is this a memory leak with the built in music player? If this is happening and compcache must be used this may explain the stutter...
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I mentioned a couple pages back the issue i'm having with BT audio stuttering. I may have some insight into this, and wanted some input.

With both MPR and the built in music player my free RAM (as found in govnah) appears to steadily decrease. It decreases as long as the music player is open. When i skip a song, it decreases. Is this a memory leak with the built in music player? If this is happening and compcache must be used this may explain the stutter...
    I've monitored Music Player (Remix) using Palm's official resource measurement tool (Worm) and there are no memory leaks that I can see. When I first started the Music Player (Remix) 2.0 project, one of the first things I did was clean up all the memory handling in the app.

So I don't think the app itself has a memory leak; however it's possible the webOS audio system does since Worm only measures resources directly being used by the app. However the fact that you only have issues with BT audio seems to suggest to me that it's not a memory leak causing this issue, or if there is one it's caused by the bluetooth system.

bug: cant type symbols for search such as &
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    bug: cant type symbols for search such as &
    Have you found any other ones? You're correct "&" fails; however the other ones I tried have worked.

Hey Dan, when you are in the large album cover art mode and have the swiping left or right set to next or previous song, do you ever have issues where the swipe does nothing and it takes 2-3 tries before it actually goes to next or previous song? I find this happens quite often to me and I'm watching how I swipe very carefully.. Wondering if it is the touchscreen sensitivity on the older Pre/Pre+ models. I know you run a Pre2 with glass so maybe this has always functioned fine for you.. is anyone else running into this behavior? Maybe too many resources are being used on our older hardware while music is playing to sometimes recognize the swipe left or right and advance.. Although I am overclocked to 1ghz..
  16.    #156  
    Hey Dan, when you are in the large album cover art mode and have the swiping left or right set to next or previous song, do you ever have issues where the swipe does nothing and it takes 2-3 tries before it actually goes to next or previous song? I find this happens quite often to me and I'm watching how I swipe very carefully.. Wondering if it is the touchscreen sensitivity on the older Pre/Pre+ models. I know you run a Pre2 with glass so maybe this has always functioned fine for you.. is anyone else running into this behavior? Maybe too many resources are being used on our older hardware while music is playing to sometimes recognize the swipe left or right and advance.. Although I am overclocked to 1ghz..
    The app used to accept any swipe, regardless of how light it was. This would result in accidental swipes, so I changed it (before the initial app catalog release) to only accept swipes with a certain speed. The value I chose worked well in my testing; however since then I have had a few occasions when it missed a swipe. I guess I can modify the sensitivity a bit.

The app used to accept any swipe, regardless of how light it was. This would result in accidental swipes, so I changed it (before the initial app catalog release) to only accept swipes with a certain speed. The value I chose worked well in my testing; however since then I have had a few occasions when it missed a swipe. I guess I can modify the sensitivity a bit.
    Haha, not that big of a deal, but it usually happens most when I'm trying to show the app off to someone, and I'm like, ugh! :P
    Have you found any other ones? You're correct "&" fails; however the other ones I tried have worked.
    thats the only one I've needed to use, none of my other songs contain special characters like that
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    thats the only one I've needed to use, none of my other songs contain special characters like that
    Thanks for the report. I'll get that fixed in the next release.

I use Music Player (Remix) to listen to Chinese lesson podcasts. One thing I really miss is being able to view the "lyrics" contained in the MP3 metadata (UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag). They provide a summary of the new lesson vocabulary.

I understand from other forum posts that the Media API doesn't give apps full access to reading the MP3 tags.

Now that the lyrics are being cached in a database, would it be possible to generate/update a custom lyrics database on a PC that would extract the MP3 lyrics tags and store them in the correct format? Is the lyrics database file format open for someone to write a 3rd party utility to populate it with custom lyrics?
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast