Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I have a pre + meta doctored to 2.1, so do i use this version or the non web feed edition? what are the differences?

thanks!
    If you've used the latest meta doctor script for 2.1, then it allowed your profile to be successfully updated to 2.1 as well on Palms servers which means your good to go buying any of the 2.0 apps from the catalog. If you can see Music Remix in the catalog, then you can buy it there. That's the one I'm using..
  2.    #122  
    I have a pre + meta doctored to 2.1, so do i use this version or the non web feed edition? what are the differences?

thanks!
    The regular app catalog version and web feed version is identical. If you can search for "remix" in the regular app catalog and find it, you can use that one. If you can't find it in the regular app catalog, then use the web feed version.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    If you've used the latest meta doctor script for 2.1, then it allowed your profile to be successfully updated to 2.1 as well on Palms servers which means your good to go buying any of the 2.0 apps from the catalog. If you can see Music Remix in the catalog, then you can buy it there. That's the one I'm using..
    thank you yes i can see it in my app catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The regular app catalog version and web feed version is identical. If you can search for "remix" in the regular app catalog and find it, you can use that one. If you can't find it in the regular app catalog, then use the web feed version.
    thanks Dan! wishing you luck with your future endeavors

side note: been following your apps since Geostrings and now that the GPS is working well on my pre + i think its going to be a frequently used app
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  4.    #124  
    thank you yes i can see it in my app catalog.

thanks Dan! wishing you luck with your future endeavors

side note: been following your apps since Geostrings and now that the GPS is working well on my pre + i think its going to be a frequently used app
    Working GPS rocks!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

follow up question:

I used to use the "free version" and i have backed up my settings with save and restore. i can just restore those settings right?
  6.    #126  
    follow up question:

I used to use the "free version" and i have backed up my settings with save and restore. i can just restore those settings right?
    By "free version" I assume you mean the homebrew edition of the app (that worked on webOS 1.x). If so, then no unfortunately you can't restore that data. First of all the apps run under two separate app ids. And also the underlying data structures were changed drastically between the homebrew edition and the app catalog version.

But speaking of data backup, the app catalog version uses db8 to store its data and thus the data is backed up automatically to your Palm Profile on a daily basis. So if you do replace or doctor your phone, your data will be restored. This data includes flylists, faves, bookmarks, song play stats, downloaded album art associations (not the actual images), and karaoke session information (not the actual audio files).

To back up the actual downloaded album art and karaoke audio files, connect the device to your computer and copy the ".musicplayerremix" folder to your computer. Then copy it back to your device after replacing or doctoring it. This information is also available in the FAQ on the app's Help screen.

thanks Dan! i guess i have a lot of reading to do
    What would be a sweet edition to the Karaoke/Lyrics screen would be an auto scroll option with various speeds.. Not sure if you've used the Bible Reader KJV app, but it has a down arrow button on the bottom left you can tap once and it starts auto scrolling slowly, tap it a second time, it scrolls at a faster speed, 3rd time and it stops where its at.. a feature like that could make the Karaoke experience dynamite. Just thinking outloud..
  9.    #129  
    What would be a sweet edition to the Karaoke/Lyrics screen would be an auto scroll option with various speeds.. Not sure if you've used the Bible Reader KJV app, but it has a down arrow button on the bottom left you can tap once and it starts auto scrolling slowly, tap it a second time, it scrolls at a faster speed, 3rd time and it stops where its at.. a feature like that could make the Karaoke experience dynamite. Just thinking outloud..
    The only way this would truly enhance the karaoke experience is if it could auto-scroll based upon the actual tempo of the song. And that's just not feasible. Whatever preset speed somebody would choose would most likely be too slow or too fast for the song.

So if you're using the karaoke feature, I think it's always going to be better to scroll manually so the correct lyrics are always displayed. Otherwise at some point in the song it's going to get out of sync making it hard to sing along to the song (if you don't already know the lyrics).

Fair enough
    Hi DanPLC

I do have the problem that Remix does not display any of my music files. I do have a Pre2 with the WebOS 2.1.0 update. The files have been transfered with Wifi Media Sync and therefore reside in /media/internal/WifiMediaSync/.... The internal player shows them all. Including Artist/Album/Songs info. Remix just shows me an emtpy Artist/Album screen. Does it matter where the files are stored? I thought this should make no difference for media files on the Pre because the complete /media/internal is scanned...

Any idea why this happens?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RalfHayn View Post
    Hi DanPLC

I do have the problem that Remix does not display any of my music files. I do have a Pre2 with the WebOS 2.1.0 update. The files have been transfered with Wifi Media Sync and therefore reside in /media/internal/WifiMediaSync/.... The internal player shows them all. Including Artist/Album/Songs info. Remix just shows me an emtpy Artist/Album screen. Does it matter where the files are stored? I thought this should make no difference for media files on the Pre because the complete /media/internal is scanned...

Most likely this is your problem http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...apps-fail.html
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  13.    #133  
    Hi DanPLC

As Noseph mentioned, the webOS "media permission" bug is causing this issue. There is an IPK linked in this thread (http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...yer-remix.html) that will fix your issue.

If you have any questions, let me know.

so it seems not only my problem...
  15.    #135  
    so it seems not only my problem...
    No sorry, you're not special in this regard.

A little scary for me too.
    Since I updated on webOS 2.1 everything worked fine (your app and Koto) but today I installed LED torch (so SysToolMgr at the same time) via Preware after that I loose permission on Music player and Koto but not on the HP/Palm stock music app.

I'm using "resume playing" and "shuffle all" in both :
    - For music player remix : only one song is playing and still the same and no possibility to go in my library.
    - For koto : all songs are played but same issues as music player to access to the library and it still have the same numbers of titles before the last mediasync update.

I decided to uninstall Led/Torch and SysToolMgr but it didn't work as well so I re-nstalled them and finally applied the Jason Robitaille's IPK and everything is all right now.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post
    A little scary for me too.
    Since I updated on webOS 2.1 everything worked fine (your app and Koto) but today I installed LED torch (so SysToolMgr at the same time) via Preware after that I loose permission on Music player and Koto but not on the HP/Palm stock music app.
    When this occurs, the built-in (stock) music app will still work. That's because it doesn't have to gain permission to access the media library since it's a Palm app. Only 3rd party music apps will have the issue.

18.    #138  
    Version 2.0.10 of Music Player (Remix) has been submitted to the catalog and should be available in a few days. It contains several cool new features, as well as some bug fixes.

Here's a video demonstrating the new features:

Here is a complete changelog:

- New Feature: On any of the appís main screens, if you swipe from left to right in the gesture area (below the screen), mini music controls will pop up allowing you to pause/play, switch tracks, or scrub through the current song. Tapping the song info will load the songís album. Tapping and holding the song info will load the songís artist. Also on any of the appís main screens, swiping from left to right at the top of the screen will return you to the Now Playing screen.

- New Feature: Automatically save downloaded lyrics into a local database so they can be accessed later without an internet connection.

- New Feature: Pinch/zoom the lyrics to decrease/increase the font size. (inspired by an idea from @Fidelitysyndrom on Twitter)

- Enhancement: On the Lyrics screen, pausing the song (by tapping the lyrics) and changing tracks (by swiping the lyrics) are both disabled while recording a karaoke session. This will prevent accidental pauses or track changes while scrolling the lyrics. (idea submitted by volcom45 on PreCentral)

- Bug Fix: The play icon on the artist album list screen was not listing the artistís songs sorted by album and disk/track number. (issue identified by George W. via email)

- Bug Fix: If you had more than 25 items in the Faves list, Just Type searches would not work. They would still work from within the app, just not from webOS Just Type. (issue identified by volcom45 on PreCentral)

- Bug Fix: If you held shift or grey/orange while in universal search and moved your finger along the screen, garbage characters would be displayed. (issue identified by gollyzilla99 on PreCentral)

- Bug Fix: If you were in playlist preview mode and you swiped forward in the gesture area to switch to playlist view, the app would remain in playlist preview mode while simultaneously displaying the current playlistís songs.

Thanks Dan! Big release, those mini controls look hot!
  20.    #140  
    Thanks Dan! Big release, those mini controls look hot!
    Yeah I think they're pretty nice.

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast