Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    At least according to iTunes, it has a distinct artist name - "Public Radio International WNYC." Same thing for album artist. It's odd though since when I go to thefolder, Windows doesn't show the artist as one of the possible flags, just album artist. I made sure all the playlists and tracks were gone from my Pre 2, resynced, and even reset the Pre 2. Still only displaying "podcast" in the tweet
    What is the artist name that's displayed on the Now Playing screen? And if you tap the song/album/artist info on the Now Playing screen, what artist is displayed on the album song list screen?

I would check the tags of the file stored on the device using an application like MP3Tag.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    What is the artist name that's displayed on the Now Playing screen? And if you tap the song/album/artist info on the Now Playing screen, what artist is displayed on the album song list screen?

I would check the tags of the file stored on the device using an application like MP3Tag.
    Ok, it scrolls the track name, followed by "Podcast" on the next line, and then the Album name on the third line. I'll attach a screenshot. When I click on these it brings me to another screen which says "Podcast" and then "No album information found" on the second line.

I downloaded and installed MP3Tag and am looking at the same track and it shows artist and album tags with values in them. "Podcast" is not the value of the Artist tag (nor the Album tag), just the genre tag. The only tags that I can tell are missing values for that track are: Track, Composer, and Discnumber.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I'm still not clear on how this should work. Are you saying that if i choose AutoDJ and select 50 songs, it will first select those songs that's never been played before? If this is so, then this will be my favorite autolist .

I considered this option when designing this autolist, but ultimately decided that it would be better to have it only choose music that was already played. Otherwise it would essentially be identical to the completely random "Auto DJ" autolist (assuming you chose the "1 year" option).

So yes you're right, it will not be of any use for the 1st week. But afterward it will be quite useful. And as more time goes by, it will become even more useful.
  4.    #104  
    Ok, it scrolls the track name, followed by "Podcast" on the next line, and then the Album name on the third line. I'll attach a screenshot. When I click on these it brings me to another screen which says "Podcast" and then "No album information found" on the second line.

I downloaded and installed MP3Tag and am looking at the same track and it shows artist and album tags with values in them. "Podcast" is not the value of the Artist tag (nor the Album tag), just the genre tag. The only tags that I can tell are missing values for that track are: Track, Composer, and Discnumber.
    Can you load up the same track in the built-in music app? If it also shows "Podcast" as the artist, then the webOS media indexer is reporting that as the artist. If that's the case, there's nothing I can do (in Remix). If the built-in music app is showing something else other than "Podcast" as the artist, let me know.

Assuming the built-in music app shows "Podcast" as the artist, if you send me the music file, I can forward it to Palm and have them investigate why it's reporting the artist as "Podcast".
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandaq View Post
    I'm still not clear on how this should work. Are you saying that if i choose AutoDJ and select 50 songs, it will first select those songs that's never been played before? If this is so, then this will be my favorite autolist .
    No. "Auto DJ" simply creates a playlist of random songs. It has nothing to do with song play statistics.

What I was saying is that if I loaded up songs that never played before in the "Memory Lane" autolist, it would essentially produce the same results as the "Auto DJ" autolist (i.e. a random list of songs). That is why I only load songs with at least 1 play in the "Memory Lane" autolist.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Can you load up the same track in the built-in music app? If it also shows "Podcast" as the artist, then the webOS media indexer is reporting that as the artist. If that's the case, there's nothing I can do (in Remix). If the built-in music app is showing something else other than "Podcast" as the artist, let me know.

Assuming the built-in music app shows "Podcast" as the artist, if you send me the music file, I can forward it to Palm and have them investigate why it's reporting the artist as "Podcast".
    Yep, music app is saying the same thing. How can I get it to you - problem is that the file's big - 48MB!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I'd been using the Beta version of this app until yesterday when i updated to 2.1. I'm impressed with all the new features! One complaint i used to have was the pause between tracks. That is now gone, which i really appreciate.

I'm experiencing a bit of a stutter while listening to music over BT. I'm not sure how to explain it, other than the audio hesitates for a moment then continues. It only seems to happen once, or maybe twice, per track. Could it be related to a processor intensive background operation? I'm using a 500/800 Govnah profile, if that matters. I didn't have this problem with the Beta version.

I'm glad to help chase this a bit more, if i can, so let me know.
  8.    #108  
    Yep, music app is saying the same thing. How can I get it to you - problem is that the file's big - 48MB!
    While technically a violation of copyright law, you could upload it to a site like yousendit.com and send me the link. I'll leave it up to you on how to you want to proceed with this. But it would be nice to forward it to Palm so they can fix the issue.

9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I'd been using the Beta version of this app until yesterday when i updated to 2.1. I'm impressed with all the new features! One complaint i used to have was the pause between tracks. That is now gone, which i really appreciate.

I'm experiencing a bit of a stutter while listening to music over BT. I'm not sure how to explain it, other than the audio hesitates for a moment then continues. It only seems to happen once, or maybe twice, per track. Could it be related to a processor intensive background operation? I'm using a 500/800 Govnah profile, if that matters. I didn't have this problem with the Beta version.

I'm glad to help chase this a bit more, if i can, so let me know.
    I haven't received any feedback from users about this type of audio stuttering and I know several of my users who do use the app with bluetooth.

Can you try playing music using the built-in music app? Does it do the same thing?

I suspect you have something going on with your device. I'm not that familiar with overclocking or Govnah profiles, but it seems like this could be a possible culprit as it relates to CPU performance. While it may seem like an overclocked device would perform better than a stock device, I have seen other reports of issues. For instance, when mplayer was first released, video playback was dreadful on certain overclocked devices (compared to non-overclocked).

So if you're able to do so, it would be useful to know if you experience the same issue using a stock (non-overclocked) device.

I haven't received any feedback from users about this type of audio stuttering and I know several of my users who do use the app with bluetooth.

Can you try playing music using the built-in music app? Does it do the same thing?

I suspect you have something going on with your device. I'm not that familiar with overclocking or Govnah profiles, but it seems like this could be a possible culprit as it relates to CPU performance. While it may seem like an overclocked device would perform better than a stock device, I have seen other reports of issues. For instance, when mplayer was first released, video playback was dreadful on certain overclocked devices (compared to non-overclocked).

So if you're able to do so, it would be useful to know if you experience the same issue using a stock (non-overclocked) device.
    Thanks for the swift response. I will try the Music application, as well as MPR with the default palm kernel and let you know what i find.
    I have this problem too. It happens with both remix and built in music player. I checked using govnah and found that the processor stays at 1GHz when listening to music over BT while with non BT, it scales down to 300MHz most of the time. I worked around this by setting the up threshold to 80%. That seems to fix it. I'm using Pre2 btw.

I have this problem too. It happens with both remix and built in music player. I checked using govnah and found that the processor stays at 1GHz when listening to music over BT while with non BT, it scales down to 300MHz most of the time. I worked around this by setting the up threshold to 80%. That seems to fix it. I'm using Pre2 btw.
    That confirms some of what i found this morning, which is that the built in music player also stutters. I did not check my processor speed history while listening to music. I'm using a screenstate 500/800 profile, so i'd be surprised if it is running at 800... I'll test with the default kernel on the way home today.
  13.    #113  
    That confirms some of what i found this morning, which is that the built in music player also stutters. I did not check my processor speed history while listening to music. I'm using a screenstate 500/800 profile, so i'd be surprised if it is running at 800... I'll test with the default kernel on the way home today.
    If it's happening in the built-in music app then there's probably nothing I'd be able to on my end to alleviate this issue. It sounds like it's a more general issue with playing audio over BT, possibly related to overclocking (unless someone who is not using an overclocking kernel also experiences this).
    Then can i suggest another AutoList for songs with zero playcount? This would mean a lot to me and will prob be useful to many others who have thousands of songs and want to make sure they listened to it all.

No. "Auto DJ" simply creates a playlist of random songs. It has nothing to do with song play statistics.

What I was saying is that if I loaded up songs that never played before in the "Memory Lane" autolist, it would essentially produce the same results as the "Auto DJ" autolist (i.e. a random list of songs). That is why I only load songs with at least 1 play in the "Memory Lane" autolist.
    If it's happening in the built-in music app then there's probably nothing I'd be able to on my end to alleviate this issue. It sounds like it's a more general issue with playing audio over BT, possibly related to overclocking (unless someone who is not using an overclocking kernel also experiences this).
    No stutter using the built in Music Player and the default palm kernel. I'm going to try MPR with the default palm kernel today to make sure.
  16.    #116  
    No stutter using the built in Music Player and the default palm kernel. I'm going to try MPR with the default palm kernel today to make sure.
    My app and the built-in music app play audio in the same way (using HTML5 audio). Honestly I can't think of any reason why there would be stutter in one app and not another. So I'm not sure what I would change on my end to eliminate stuttering. I call the same "play" function that the built-in music app does to play the audio.

17.    #117  
    Then can i suggest another AutoList for songs with zero playcount? This would mean a lot to me and will prob be useful to many others who have thousands of songs and want to make sure they listened to it all.
    I sent you a PM yesterday which apparently you have ignored. In that PM I told you that you're not welcome in this thread anymore. This is due to activity you have taken part in on another site that I do not condone.

So please do not post in here any more. Read the PM I sent you and if you'd like to respond, you may do so via PM.

I would love to see this feature as well.
  19.    #119  
    I would love to see this feature as well.
    I'll think about it.

The "FrankenPre" edition of Music Player (Remix) has been published to the web feed. So anyone who installed webOS 2.1 on their Pre- or Pre+, you can pick up the app here: Music Player (Remix) web feed edition

If you do purchase it, please take a minute to leave a review!
    I have a pre + meta doctored to 2.1, so do i use this version or the non web feed edition? what are the differences?

thanks!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)