Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
  1. #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've tried this a few times now, and not getting it to work as I think it should be working. I copied everything as shown in the pictures, but when I load up MPR and click on Playlists, then my playlist (which says there are 305 songs in it), it tells me " No songs have been added to your music library." (Before I started this, I deleted my whole music library just to make sure what was getting transferred)

    Clicking on Artists, Albums, Songs etc, I see all the songs that I synced. I deleted all music off of my device to make sure they were getting transferred over, and it appears they are, but what I am looking for is a complete set list, that I can hit Play/Shuffle and forget about. I've gone through this thread (last few pages anyway) a few times and cannot figure out what it is I'm not doing/doing wrong.

    I've always used the drag and drop method, and thought I'd give this a go....help would be appreciated.
    I'll assume you've already rebooted the phone, etc... that's never really worked for me for this sort of problem, but it has to at least be tried.

    I use MediaMonkey too, and it usually works just fine for me. I do occasionally have some problems with playlists, but I think this has to do with my phone not updating the media library, since the playlist files themselves are correct (confirmed with notepad on my computer), and the songs are on the phone.. just won't show up in the playlist file for unknown reasons. Sometimes, deleting these songs from the phone and resyncing with MM will fix this. Although if it won't show any of your songs in the music player playlist, then that probably isn't your problem. I tried just about everything that was suggested in the threads about getting the media library to update.. last time, the deleting and re-adding method seemed to be the one that worked, although it is also possible one of the other things just didn't work instantly. I am very impatient with my electronics.

    I use the same playlist settings as TubbyPoutine.. If you're using all the same settings, then I have no idea why it won't work for you too.. Very frustrating when things don't work!
  2. #1042  
    @shadeybeep

    I'm still working on it, but I don't think it's the indexer that's the problem. The songs are there inside Music Remix Player, just not inside where the playlist should be. I do remember there was a pop up at the end of the sync, 6 or 7 songs wouldn't transfer for some reason, might have to go back in there and see which those were and remove them from the sync and maybe that's part/all of the issue.

    Looks like I have bigger fish to fry now, I may have just deleted something I wasn't supposed to delete.....doctor time

    I'll have to revist this later when I get it back up and running again.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. #1043  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    At my day job I work on software for a company. Many different people work on that software. One of the reasons I got into mobile app development was because it was appealing to create something on my own.
    Thankyou very much for your information, I hope to learn interesting things from webOS applications. I also like to be independent while developing, while assisting my colleagues as much as I can. The feeling ow creating something of your own is a very strong one. Otherwise, we would be mere operators. It scares me a lot when people supposed to be programmers don't have a creative, researching spirit.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  4.    #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    @shadeybeep

    I'm still working on it, but I don't think it's the indexer that's the problem. The songs are there inside Music Remix Player, just not inside where the playlist should be. I do remember there was a pop up at the end of the sync, 6 or 7 songs wouldn't transfer for some reason, might have to go back in there and see which those were and remove them from the sync and maybe that's part/all of the issue.

    Looks like I have bigger fish to fry now, I may have just deleted something I wasn't supposed to delete.....doctor time

    I'll have to revist this later when I get it back up and running again.
    Even if the songs are there, it could still potentially be a media indexer issue. The media indexer may have picked up the new songs, but not the playlist update.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  5.    #1045  
    Development has begun on Music Player (Remix) for Android! The app is being rewritten from scratch in native Android. It will take a lot of the design concepts from the webOS version but will improve upon them. It will also have several new features that I've cooked up.

    The project has just begun, so don't expect a working beta anytime soon. Right now I'm working on developing the new user interface. It will take cues from the webOS version, but focus on improving the day-to-day experience. I'll post updates of my progress on my new Music Player (Remix) Twitter account(@MusicRemixApp) and eventually screenshots and videos (there is an early sneak preview of the Now Playing screen already posted!). I expect I'll eventually have a public beta so if you have an Android device and want to help test and provide ideas for features/enhancements, be sure to follow @MusicRemixApp on Twitter as I'll be posting all info there. And of course you can also follow me on my main account (@Hedami).

    And of course you can still follow me on my regular account (@Hedami).

    Once the app is further along, I'll also create a dedicated thread on AndroidCentral to discuss the app and post news. This thread (here on webOSNation) will continue to be dedicated to the webOS version (in the app catalog).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
    bnceo and noseph like this.
  6. #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Development has begun on Music Player (Remix) for Android!
    I've been patiently-ish waiting for you to get sick and tired of the (generally speaking) that's currently available in The Market...


    M.
  7.    #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I've been patiently-ish waiting for you to get sick and tired of the (generally speaking) that's currently available in The Market...


    M.
    Well I'm definitely there... Can't seem to settle on an app that really works well for me. Right now I'm using Player Pro and it has some major issues (bugs and design issues). But the major problem I have is that most of the apps I've tried do things in the same, tired way. I have some ideas (some from the webOS version, some new) that I think will change things up for the better.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8. #1048  
    Yaaaaaaay! I still miss your music player app a lot, it would be awesome to have it back again.

    One of the most important features of a music player app for my android phone is that I'm able to use the volume keys to skip tracks while the screen is locked. This way I can change songs while driving without having to look at the phone at all. I have no idea how difficult that is to program, though. PlayerPro does have that feature (it has its own lock screen that the phone uses whenever the player is active). PlayerPro doesn't have bookmarks for within tracks, though, and that would be really to have back.

    I'm really glad you're working on this app for android now! I guess I'll have to give in and finally make a twitter account, now.
  9. #1049  
    Forgot to mention, the ability to randomize a playlist from within my phone would be really nice. I don't know if that is possible, I haven't seen it done since Symbian OS. I have to randomize on my computer and upload the new playlist if I want the songs in a different random order. And in case you're wondering, the reason I don't just use random mode on playerpro is that it keeps playing the same tracks again and again. I want it to play each track only once in a random playlist.
  10. #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well I'm definitely there... Can't seem to settle on an app that really works well for me. Right now I'm using Player Pro and it has some major issues (bugs and design issues). But the major problem I have is that most of the apps I've tried do things in the same, tired way. I have some ideas (some from the webOS version, some new) that I think will change things up for the better.
    I use 2 or 3 different ones because there isn't one single app that does everything I "need" a music player to do. Nova Player was the all-around best, but they changed the "free" verion to expire after 12 days (not complaing - nothing wrong with getting paid for work done), but I don't feel that it's not worth whatever it is they charge since it's buggy as all get-out. Custom Theme support wasn't that great. I made my own to make the UI at least usable, but, it didn't support some pretty basic stuff to make it "pretty" (Yes, I took some cues from you/Remix - NO, it never left my phone which is why I never really could ask for any help on it because the OVERALL LOOK wasn't mine... it was yours...)

    The big one for me (as you may or may not remember) is saving current play position since I listen to VERY long radio shows daily. I also bounce around a lot. Nova did the one thing that NO other player did: remember the last position of EVERYTHING I listen(ed) to. So I could play my radio show for an hour, listen to some tunes, then go back to the radio show and pick up right where I left off. FANTASTIC! Match made in heaven for me! Otherwise, no matter the platform, I'm forced to use a minimum of two players: one for the radio show (so I don't lose my place) and one for general listening when I want something else.

    (hint hint )


    M.
  11.    #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Yaaaaaaay! I still miss your music player app a lot, it would be awesome to have it back again.

    One of the most important features of a music player app for my android phone is that I'm able to use the volume keys to skip tracks while the screen is locked. This way I can change songs while driving without having to look at the phone at all. I have no idea how difficult that is to program, though. PlayerPro does have that feature (it has its own lock screen that the phone uses whenever the player is active). PlayerPro doesn't have bookmarks for within tracks, though, and that would be really to have back.

    I'm really glad you're working on this app for android now! I guess I'll have to give in and finally make a twitter account, now.
    I can't imagine the volume key thing would be too difficult. It seems pretty easy in Android to catch an event and override it. And bookmarking will definitely be in.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Forgot to mention, the ability to randomize a playlist from within my phone would be really nice. I don't know if that is possible, I haven't seen it done since Symbian OS. I have to randomize on my computer and upload the new playlist if I want the songs in a different random order. And in case you're wondering, the reason I don't just use random mode on playerpro is that it keeps playing the same tracks again and again. I want it to play each track only once in a random playlist.
    Music Player (Remix) on webOS allows you to randomize a playlist. Just tap the shuffle button on the Now Playing screen while playing a list. Also on the flylist items screen, you can tap the shuffle button at the bottom of the screen to load the list in random order. I think regular synced playlists have the same feature, but I don't remember.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12.    #1052  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I use 2 or 3 different ones because there isn't one single app that does everything I "need" a music player to do. Nova Player was the all-around best, but they changed the "free" verion to expire after 12 days (not complaing - nothing wrong with getting paid for work done), but I don't feel that it's not worth whatever it is they charge since it's buggy as all get-out. Custom Theme support wasn't that great. I made my own to make the UI at least usable, but, it didn't support some pretty basic stuff to make it "pretty" (Yes, I took some cues from you/Remix - NO, it never left my phone which is why I never really could ask for any help on it because the OVERALL LOOK wasn't mine... it was yours...)

    The big one for me (as you may or may not remember) is saving current play position since I listen to VERY long radio shows daily. I also bounce around a lot. Nova did the one thing that NO other player did: remember the last position of EVERYTHING I listen(ed) to. So I could play my radio show for an hour, listen to some tunes, then go back to the radio show and pick up right where I left off. FANTASTIC! Match made in heaven for me! Otherwise, no matter the platform, I'm forced to use a minimum of two players: one for the radio show (so I don't lose my place) and one for general listening when I want something else.

    (hint hint )


    M.
    Remix on webOS automatically saves track/time position in every flylist and playlist, but saving it in every track is a good idea. I'll definitely look into that.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13.    #1053  
    For those interested, I've made a lot of great progress on Music Player (Remix) on Android. I've posted my first demo video here:

    If you have transitioned to an Android device and are interested in following the development of the app, be sure to follow me on Twitter @MusicRemixApp.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
    jcmarcos likes this.
  14.    #1054  
    I've created a separate discussion forum for the Android version of Music Player (Remix) on Android Central: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...yer-remix.html. If you'd like to discuss the Android version, come on by!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  15. #1055  
    any suggestions on how to keep songs in my flylists from duplicating? Sometimes I'll find 2 or 3 duplicates of the songs/book chapters. I'm using it on a Pre2 (2.2.4).
  16.    #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    any suggestions on how to keep songs in my flylists from duplicating? Sometimes I'll find 2 or 3 duplicates of the songs/book chapters. I'm using it on a Pre2 (2.2.4).
    If you have duplicates in your flylists, then it means you have multiple copies of those songs/tracks on your device (or at least multiple files tagged with the same song/artist info). Flylists basically search your media library for whatever item you save in there. So if you save "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, it will search your media library for any matches.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17. #1057  
    I have seen when f s c k checks the USB media that sometimes a long file name gets seperated from its short file name, so it appears that the file exists twice, removal of the file and a recopy seems to fix this issue.
  18. #1058  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If you have duplicates in your flylists, then it means you have multiple copies of those songs/tracks on your device (or at least multiple files tagged with the same song/artist info). Flylists basically search your media library for whatever item you save in there. So if you save "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, it will search your media library for any matches.
    that was it, thanks!
  19. #1059  
    Today when I started up Music (Remix) I got the "Unable to retrieve music library" message asking me to install the 'media permissions reset' app. I clicked on the provided link, and followed the instructions. It seemed to install, but there was no 'reset' option. I tried 'restarting' my device, still getting the "Unable to retrieve..." message. I tried installing again. I tried opening Preware and selecting a Luna Restart. No help. So...any thing I can do here?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  20.    #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Today when I started up Music (Remix) I got the "Unable to retrieve music library" message asking me to install the 'media permissions reset' app. I clicked on the provided link, and followed the instructions. It seemed to install, but there was no 'reset' option. I tried 'restarting' my device, still getting the "Unable to retrieve..." message. I tried installing again. I tried opening Preware and selecting a Luna Restart. No help. So...any thing I can do here?
    Go to Hedami and grab the Media Permission Reset IPK linked there. If you install that, it will have a "Reset" option. Using this app will fix this issue.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Posting Permissions