Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24247484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I would love if this could stream music from google music. I know google needs to release that to developers before that could happen. But when they do, hopefully it could happen. I dont store any of my music on my devices anymore since I started using the google music service.
    I hope Google releases the API at some point. That would be the one feature I'd like to add on to Remix.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #1022  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I don't even think I've tried those features out yet, thanks for the reminder!
    Autolists are great! One of the things I really miss about my app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    ...The webOS media indexer groups them by album and artist. Otherwise 2 artists with the same album name would be grouped under 1 album which wouldn't be too desirable. I believe it uses the "album artist" tag, but it may be the "artist" tag. I don't remember off hand...
    I"m trying to figure out something related to this I think, but it's for the Homebrew version 1.99.38. I am using my Verozon launch day Palm Pre+ running webOS 1.4.5.1.

I have one out of 18 songs that shows up in a different album that the rest of them. I inadvertently must have caused this by a naming error, but I have 18 mp3s that are all part of an album. I downloaded them to my Pre+ and when I pulled up Music Player Remix, it found them and that was great. I noticed that the count of songs was only 17, so I tried to find the one wayward song...(it was "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas...I'm just kidding.) I found it under a different album title. It was almost the same album title name, the word "The" was missing from the title. ("The Hunger Games" vs. "Hunger Games"). So now my song "Rue's Farewell" doesn't play along with all the other songs...and anyone who has read the Hunger Games book and/or seen the movie knows you can't leave out Rue's Farewell...

I don't know how I can change the assigned album for this song...any thoughts?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

4.    #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I"m trying to figure out something related to this I think, but it's for the Homebrew version 1.99.38. I am using my Verozon launch day Palm Pre+ running webOS 1.4.5.1.
    For future reference, the homebrew edition has its own discussion thread found in the "Homebrew" section of the forum: Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I have one out of 18 songs that shows up in a different album that the rest of them. I inadvertently must have caused this by a naming error, but I have 18 mp3s that are all part of an album. I downloaded them to my Pre+ and when I pulled up Music Player Remix, it found them and that was great. I noticed that the count of songs was only 17, so I tried to find the one wayward song...(it was "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas...I'm just kidding.) I found it under a different album title. It was almost the same album title name, the word "The" was missing from the title. ("The Hunger Games" vs. "Hunger Games"). So now my song "Rue's Farewell" doesn't play along with all the other songs...and anyone who has read the Hunger Games book and/or seen the movie knows you can't leave out Rue's Farewell...

I don't know how I can change the assigned album for this song...any thoughts?
    Music Player (Remix), or actually more specifically the webOS media indexer, groups songs into albums based upon the ID3 tags. So you'll need to go on your computer and edit the "Album" ID3 field for the song. You can use a free application such as MP3Tag. Then copy the song back onto your phone.

Incidentally this is true for both the homebrew and app catalog versions of the app.

I second the Mp3tag suggestion; its a very useful app. If you can find the portable version or know how to create it, you can even keep it on the Pre. In any case, you shouldnt have to move the file to the PC first; I usually edit tags w/ the Pre plugged in and havent had issues w/ the indexer not recognizing the changes (though it is possible).

Question about the book: I made the mistake of watching the movie first but I know the ending is different (read the book reviews). Is it worth the read at this point?
  6.    #1026  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I second the Mp3tag suggestion; its a very useful app. If you can find the portable version or know how to create it, you can even keep it on the Pre. In any case, you shouldnt have to move the file to the PC first; I usually edit tags w/ the Pre plugged in and havent had issues w/ the indexer not recognizing the changes (though it is possible).
    Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting he move the file to the computer. I was referring to editing the original file presumably stored on the computer. Then copy it back to the device. That way if he has to delete the file from the device, the edit will still be there after he resyncs it from the computer.

Question about the book: I made the mistake of watching the movie first but I know the ending is different (read the book reviews). Is it worth the read at this point?
    I haven't read this particular book ("The Hunger Games"); however I've found that in many cases it's still worth reading a book if you saw the movie first. I'm currently reading "Lord of the Rings" after seeing the movies a million times and it's great. I'm still on "Fellowship" and already there's tons of stuff missing from the movie vs. the book. I also saw the first 3 Harry Potter movies before reading the books and again I found a lot more detail in the books once I read them.

Hi All,
    Here are the settings I use in MediaMonkey to sync my MediaMonkey playlists to my Touchpad so that they show up properly and populated in Music Player (Remix).
    The big breakthrough for me was the tip was from DanPLC about ensuring that the playlist files contain forward slashes (/) instead of back slashes (\). In Media Monkey, there is a checkbox that automatically changes this for you (bottom of last screenshot below).
    Thanks!

For the 'Exclude Folders', choose your own or none at all.

sledge007 likes this.

Thanks for the info danPLC & p41m3r.

Regarding the book 'The Hunger Games', it's a really good read so I do recommend it, but be prepared to read the other 2 in the series. I enjoyed it more than most book series I've read...but nothing compares to reading the Lord of the Rings...good choice Dan!
  9.    #1029  
    Quote Originally Posted by TubbyPoutine View Post
    Hi All,
    Here are the settings I use in MediaMonkey to sync my MediaMonkey playlists to my Touchpad so that they show up properly and populated in Music Player (Remix).
    The big breakthrough for me was the tip was from DanPLC about ensuring that the playlist files contain forward slashes (/) instead of back slashes (\). In Media Monkey, there is a checkbox that automatically changes this for you (bottom of last screenshot below).
    Thanks!

Click to view quoted image

For the 'Exclude Folders', choose your own or none at all.

Thanks for this setup guide. It should help lots of folks who have been struggling with playlist syncing.

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting he move the file to the computer. I was referring to editing the original file presumably stored on the computer. Then copy it back to the device. That way if he has to delete the file from the device, the edit will still be there after he resyncs it from the computer.
    I understood what you meant; was just advising on an easier, lazier way. You're right though... it makes sense to edit the original.

...I've found that in many cases it's still worth reading a book if you saw the movie first.
    To me, the movie is a spoiler so I usually go for the book first whenever I can. This time I gave in to the hype.

@Rockbeast: Thx! I'll queue them up for my next read.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Dan, I re-animated my old Pixi device today since I want to use it with my second phone number when on holidays etc. I've already accepted the fact that I will need to pay once more (as on the second device I need to use a second Palm-ID), and, honestly, I don't feel sorry about that
    However I just can't find Remix in the app catalog. Does that mean that my Pixi is no longer supported? That would be really sad, in particular since after a full erase I no longer have the old version I used to run on it any more. If through the app catalog there's no way anymore to purchase Remix for my Pixi, is there any way to get hands on an older version? I'm familiar with using ipkg from the command line...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Dan, I re-animated my old Pixi device today since I want to use it with my second phone number when on holidays etc. I've already accepted the fact that I will need to pay once more (as on the second device I need to use a second Palm-ID), and, honestly, I don't feel sorry about that
    However I just can't find Remix in the app catalog. Does that mean that my Pixi is no longer supported? That would be really sad, in particular since after a full erase I no longer have the old version I used to run on it any more. If through the app catalog there's no way anymore to purchase Remix for my Pixi, is there any way to get hands on an older version? I'm familiar with using ipkg from the command line...
    Have you tried Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition available in Preware? Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition
    Last edited by noseph; 05/28/2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Ah, that one I did not try. That's at least something
    The idea I had long ago, about a new autolist still hammers my head from time to time. I'd like to take a look at the code that builds autolists, particularly the "New experiences" one. Can anybody tell me where to find that wonderful ".jsjsjs&$quot$; $file$ $in$ $my$ $device$?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  15.    #1035  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    The idea I had long ago, about a new autolist still hammers my head from time to time. I'd like to take a look at the code that builds autolists, particularly the "New experiences" one. Can anybody tell me where to find that wonderful ".jsjsjs&$quot$; $file$ $in$ $my$ $device$?
    You can edit the files on your device. But please do not ever distribute these modifications. This is a closed-sourced app.

16.    #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    The app catalog version of Music Player (Remix) is, and always has been, available only on webOS 2.0 (or later) devices.

As Noseph mentioned, webOS 1.x devices can use the free Homebrew Edition which doesn't have all the features and fixes the app catalog has, but still is a very good app.

You can edit the files on your device. But please do not ever distribute these modifications. This is a closed-sourced app.
    Of course, that's understood. In the rare event of achieving something, my modifications would be sent to you exclusively, and nowhere else.

It's more a case of curiosity, nothing more. Could you tell me which files I should investigate? I plan to take a look at them inside the IPK.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  18.    #1038  
    Of course, that's understood. In the rare event of achieving something, my modifications would be sent to you exclusively, and nowhere else.
    I appreciate that, but I'd prefer to be the only one who develops the app (the one that is being distributed publicly). At my day job I work on software for a company. Many different people work on that software. One of the reasons I got into mobile app development was because it was appealing to create something on my own. So for my apps, I'd prefer to work on them on my own for the time being.

It's more a case of curiosity, nothing more. Could you tell me which files I should investigate? I plan to take a look at them inside the IPK.
    The main file you're looking for is "autolists-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;.

Quote Originally Posted by TubbyPoutine View Post
    Hi All,
    Thanks!
    I've tried this a few times now, and not getting it to work as I think it should be working. I copied everything as shown in the pictures, but when I load up MPR and click on Playlists, then my playlist (which says there are 305 songs in it), it tells me " No songs have been added to your music library." (Before I started this, I deleted my whole music library just to make sure what was getting transferred)

Clicking on Artists, Albums, Songs etc, I see all the songs that I synced. I deleted all music off of my device to make sure they were getting transferred over, and it appears they are, but what I am looking for is a complete set list, that I can hit Play/Shuffle and forget about. I've gone through this thread (last few pages anyway) a few times and cannot figure out what it is I'm not doing/doing wrong.

I've always used the drag and drop method, and thought I'd give this a go....help would be appreciated.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20.    #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've tried this a few times now, and not getting it to work as I think it should be working. I copied everything as shown in the pictures, but when I load up MPR and click on Playlists, then my playlist (which says there are 305 songs in it), it tells me " No songs have been added to your music library." (Before I started this, I deleted my whole music library just to make sure what was getting transferred)

Clicking on Artists, Albums, Songs etc, I see all the songs that I synced. I deleted all music off of my device to make sure they were getting transferred over, and it appears they are, but what I am looking for is a complete set list, that I can hit Play/Shuffle and forget about. I've gone through this thread (last few pages anyway) a few times and cannot figure out what it is I'm not doing/doing wrong.

I've always used the drag and drop method, and thought I'd give this a go....help would be appreciated.
    If the Media Monkey method is not working, I would suggest following the method I describe in the FAQ (on the app's Help screen). This should work. Just be sure to follow the instructions exactly.