Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
    #1 - Thank you, that explains it. They are audiobook files (about 20-30 min long each.)

#2 - These are shorter, song-length files. It happens every morning. Here's what I'm doing:

-I open a Bible app, navigate to a bookmark, then minimize it.
    -I open Music Player, go to bookmarks, tap on the one I want, pause it right away, then minimize the card.
    -I go back to the Bible app, then open the mini-player and play the file while I read along with it.

About a minute into it, it starts over from the beginning of the file without a pause.

Hmm, I wonder if all that switching around is causing it?

It only occurs when I do these steps, and only with the first file I play. (I can switch to other bookmarks and it won't repeat.)
  2.    #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    #1 - Thank you, that explains it. They are audiobook files (about 20-30 min long each.)

#2 - These are shorter, song-length files. It happens every morning. Here's what I'm doing:

-I open a Bible app, navigate to a bookmark, then minimize it.
    -I open Music Player, go to bookmarks, tap on the one I want, pause it right away, then minimize the card.
    -I go back to the Bible app, then open the mini-player and play the file while I read along with it.

About a minute into it, it starts over from the beginning of the file without a pause.

Hmm, I wonder if all that switching around is causing it?

It only occurs when I do these steps, and only with the first file I play. (I can switch to other bookmarks and it won't repeat.)
    I tried these steps and couldn't reproduce it. The song kept playing until the end. I don't have a Bible app though. I just loaded up another app and used the mini-player.

Do you have LumberJack on your device? (you can get it in Preware). If you can reproduce it and email me the logs, maybe it would give me a clue as to what's happening.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    After typing all that out & realizing I was taking way too many steps, this morning I loaded Music Player first, then opened the Bible app--and it didn't do it.

But I will see about getting Lumberjack & sending you some info. Thank you for your help.
  4.    #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    After typing all that out & realizing I was taking way too many steps, this morning I loaded Music Player first, then opened the Bible app--and it didn't do it.

But I will see about getting Lumberjack & sending you some info. Thank you for your help.
    It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Bible app itself is causing the issue. I remember reading that Graphite had a bug that caused music to pause (in both Remix and the built-in music app). You may want to try your experiment with another app and see if you can reproduce the same behavior.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 2.5.10 is now available to download! It fixes the display issues associated with webOS 3.0.5. So if you're on the TouchPad, make sure to grab this latest update. Of course phone users can as well, but it really won't add anything new for you guys.

Also if you left a not-so-positive review for the app due to the display issues, please consider updating it after you install version 2.5.10. Unfortunately webOS updates can sometimes cause unintended results in apps like it did in this case. In this particular situation, they actually fixed a longstanding bug related to device orientation. I had worked around the bug and now that it was fixed, the app did not display properly.

But I did get it fixed the same day as the webOS 3.0.5 OTA update was released. However sometimes HP takes awhile to approve app updates, so it landed up taking 6 days before the update was available. But it's finally here now...so go grab it!
    This version works great on my Touchpad, but has anyone else noticed screen redraw problems on their Pre3's? If the app thinks the orientation changes, there is a noticeable lag between when it finishes redrawing the screen during the switch from portrait to landscape mode and vice versa. There will be a white box for taking up a big chunk of the screen, text overlaps from the fave list to the menu on the right, etc during this transition. The app doesn't need to be playing anything. You can just leave the app on the starting screen and tilt the phone from side to side. It's really annoying when you're holding the phone kinda flat and it starts switching back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    there is a noticeable lag between when it finishes redrawing the screen during the switch from portrait to landscape mode and vice versa.
    It seems the screen has so many elements that yes, it takes a while to redraw. That's why Dan added a lock orientation option. See that little padlock icon in the main scene?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I hadn't noticed the padlock before. Thanks!

I can't recall it having the problem on my Pre2 though. I'll have to update that device and try it out later.
    Stupid HP app store wouldn't let me add my credit so I cannot buy anything from App store... DO you have any other option for me to buy this software? Kalem has a paypal site, I would recommend that. thx
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Dan I would like to encourage you to do Music Player Remix for Android. I have been rocking cm9 on my TouchPad and really miss MPR. CM9 Alpha 2 is really quite stable, I have been living in it for the last 5 days or so. The dual boot with webOS is very nice.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  10.    #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by mathmantall View Post
    Stupid HP app store wouldn't let me add my credit so I cannot buy anything from App store... DO you have any other option for me to buy this software? Kalem has a paypal site, I would recommend that. thx
    The HP developer agreement forbids developers from selling their apps anywhere other than the official HP catalog. Other developers (like kalemsoft) may decide to ignore the agreement they signed, but I won't.

So no, I can't offer the app outside of the catalog. I suggest contacting HP if you're having issues adding your credit card. That way you can buy other apps you may be interested in.

11.    #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Dan I would like to encourage you to do Music Player Remix for Android. I have been rocking cm9 on my TouchPad and really miss MPR. CM9 Alpha 2 is really quite stable, I have been living in it for the last 5 days or so. The dual boot with webOS is very nice.
    It's something I'm seriously considering.

noseph and Volcom45 like this.
    Having a weird problem with playlists.. this is probably NOT a music player remix error, as it is also happening in the built in music app, but I was hoping someone here may have an idea to fix this. If anyone knows a better place to post this, please let me know...

GSM Pre2, running webos 2.2.4.

I use MediaMonkey to sync playlists. It has always worked before (with the newest version of MM that is). Today, I had to do a full erase and then I ran the webos doctor to resolve some other unrelated phone issues. I synced the phone with MM and it copied over all the songs again, and everything seemed fine.

Then, I changed the song order in MM and added a few more songs, and synced again -- it said that it was copying over the new songs, and all appeared well. When I went to the program afterwards, the song count in the playlist screen had been updated, but when I go into the playlist it still shows the old song order and it has not added the new tracks. The songs are on the phone, I can even find them within music player remix, and they play just fine when I play the individual songs -- it just does not have them in the playlists.

Even weirder, using windows to browse files on the phone, I see the playlists, and opening them in notepad shows the NEW song order with the added songs. So, the playlist files themselves are correct, but the app won't show the updated playlist. Stock music app is the same.

I did already try doing a full restart of both the phone and the computer -- had no effect.

Does anyone have any ideas?
  13.    #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Having a weird problem with playlists.. this is probably NOT a music player remix error, as it is also happening in the built in music app, but I was hoping someone here may have an idea to fix this. If anyone knows a better place to post this, please let me know...

GSM Pre2, running webos 2.2.4.

I use MediaMonkey to sync playlists. It has always worked before (with the newest version of MM that is). Today, I had to do a full erase and then I ran the webos doctor to resolve some other unrelated phone issues. I synced the phone with MM and it copied over all the songs again, and everything seemed fine.

Then, I changed the song order in MM and added a few more songs, and synced again -- it said that it was copying over the new songs, and all appeared well. When I went to the program afterwards, the song count in the playlist screen had been updated, but when I go into the playlist it still shows the old song order and it has not added the new tracks. The songs are on the phone, I can even find them within music player remix, and they play just fine when I play the individual songs -- it just does not have them in the playlists.

Even weirder, using windows to browse files on the phone, I see the playlists, and opening them in notepad shows the NEW song order with the added songs. So, the playlist files themselves are correct, but the app won't show the updated playlist. Stock music app is the same.

I did already try doing a full restart of both the phone and the computer -- had no effect.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    It sounds like the media indexer hasn't updated. I'd try some of the suggestions in this thread (http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-updating.html) to force it to wake up and refresh.

But before doing that, try renaming your main music folder and then reboot your device. That sometimes will wake up the media indexer.

Thanks for your response

I think you were right about the media indexer.

I ended up having to run the doctor again anyway. I discovered that I also made an error when setting up the phone, though, in that I told it to skip the step of logging into my accounts during setup. Apparently there is no way to make google calendar the default calendar if you add the account at any point after the initial setup! Anyway, I ran the webos doctor again to fix that (although I probably could have just erased all apps and data.. didn't think of that before), and the media indexer problem is now gone. I wonder if maybe something went wrong during installation the first time I ran the doctor.

At any rate, I very much appreciate your help! It's all good now.
    Also, what do you think the chances are of making a version of music player remix for android? I impulse bought the sony xperia mini pro today on ebay. I'm torn about leaving webos, in large part because I like your app so much. I don't know what sorts of music players are available for android, but I hate the thought of starting over again trying to find one that does everything I want it to do, in a way that makes sense to me.

Anyway, if you did develop this app for android, I'd buy it in a second. In case that matters...
  16.    #1016  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Also, what do you think the chances are of making a version of music player remix for android? I impulse bought the sony xperia mini pro today on ebay. I'm torn about leaving webos, in large part because I like your app so much. I don't know what sorts of music players are available for android, but I hate the thought of starting over again trying to find one that does everything I want it to do, in a way that makes sense to me.

Anyway, if you did develop this app for android, I'd buy it in a second. In case that matters...
    Thanks...I may work on an Android version since I'm now on that platform as well.

Wow, such a long time with no posts... Hope Dan hasn't completely forgotten about Music Player Remix for webOS.

I'm here to say that this app is boring: It does everything I like, and never failed to me ;-)

But yesterday, I found myself again out of music: You know, the "New experiences" autolist, which I love, makes a playlist of songs you haven't heard yet. Which is perfect for me, as I tend to add music and not play it immediately, thus I forget where it was.

But I'd like it even more if it always returned "newish" music, instead of getting empty, when I've listened to every song. I guess Dan is doing something like this, for a ten song "New experiences" list:

SELECT TOP 10 *
    FROM Music
    WHERE LastPlayed IS NULL[/code]

But I'd live this:

SELECT TOP 10 *
    FROM Music
    ORDER BY IsNull(LastPlayed, '1980-01-01')

See? There's no filter, it will always return songs, starting from the ones longest unlistened to (is that bearable english?). Those songs unlistened ("LastPlayed=NULL") will get that classic ancient date, and thus will come on top anyway. If they could be further ordered by the date/time when I added them, that would be tops!

Like?
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 04/10/2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  18.    #1018  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Wow, such a long time with no posts... Hope Dan hasn't completely forgotten about Music Player Remix for webOS.
    I only post if I have news to share or if someone asks a question. So no, I haven't gone anywhere. I'll continue to support my webOS apps and issue crucial bug fixes when necessary. However I wouldn't expect there to be any major new features added to my apps. I'm trying to figure out what I want my next project to be, but most likely it'll be on Android since I use an Android phone and tablet on a daily basis now.

One project I'm contemplating is a port of Music Player (Remix) to Android. This would include all of the webOS features (except ones specific to webOS like Just Type) and probably a few new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I'm here to say that this app is boring: It does everything I like, and never failed to me ;-)

But yesterday, I found myself again out of music: You know, the "New experiences" autolist, which I love, makes a playlist of songs you haven't heard yet. Which is perfect for me, as I tend to add music and not play it immediately, thus I forget where it was.

But I'd like it even more if it always returned "newish" music, instead of getting empty, when I've listened to every song. I guess Dan is doing something like this, for a ten song "New experiences" list:

SELECT TOP 10 *
    FROM Music
    WHERE LastPlayed IS NULL[/code]

But I'd live this:

SELECT TOP 10 *
    FROM Music
    ORDER BY IsNull(LastPlayed, '1980-01-01')

See? There's no filter, it will always return songs, starting from the ones longest unlistened to (is that bearable english?). Those songs unlistened ("LastPlayed=NULL") will get that classic ancient date, and thus will come on top anyway. If they could be further ordered by the date/time when I added them, that would be tops!

Like?
    You may want to check out the "Memory Lane" autolist. It lets you generate a list of songs you haven't listened to in a certain period of time. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it still may work for you.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 04/10/2012 at 03:03 PM.

I don't even think I've tried those features out yet, thanks for the reminder!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I would love if this could stream music from google music. I know google needs to release that to developers before that could happen. But when they do, hopefully it could happen. I dont store any of my music on my devices anymore since I started using the google music service.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html