Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by arasarn View Post
    Hi Dan,

My music keeps pausing during playback repeatedly. Do you have any idea what I might be able to fix this? I'm using a pre 2 with the latest OTA OS update.

Thanks.
    There are a few things that can cause the music to pause. One of them is obviously a touch event on the screen (on the album art). Another reason would be an incoming call. And another reason would be the headphone jack being pulled out.

Since you're having it happen repeatedly, the two things that come to mind are:

1) headphone jack issue

2) touchscreen issue

If I were to guess, it would be #1. If you really had a touchscreen issue that resulted in false touch events, you'd see issues in other apps. Also #1 has been a fairly common issue on webOS devices. I had it happen myself on one of my Pres. Basically the device believes the headphone jack is unplugging or plugging when it's not.

I'd search the forums for "headphone jack" to see if you can prove that it is that. Also there are fixes some people have had luck with. In my case, the "fixes" never worked permanently so I had to have Sprint replace the Pre.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Hi Dan,

My music keeps pausing during playback repeatedly. Do you have any idea what I might be able to fix this? I'm using a pre 2 with the latest OTA OS update.

Thanks.
    I had the same thing happen to me on my Pre+ & it was indeed a headphone jack problem (of course, it happened only when I had something plugged in). I solved it by buying a set of bluetooth earbuds. One of the best gadget investments I've ever made.
    Last edited by katefields; 01/17/2012 at 10:31 PM.
  3.    #983  
    Version 2.5.10 is now available to download! It fixes the display issues associated with webOS 3.0.5. So if you're on the TouchPad, make sure to grab this latest update. Of course phone users can as well, but it really won't add anything new for you guys.

Also if you left a not-so-positive review for the app due to the display issues, please consider updating it after you install version 2.5.10. Unfortunately webOS updates can sometimes cause unintended results in apps like it did in this case. In this particular situation, they actually fixed a longstanding bug related to device orientation. I had worked around the bug and now that it was fixed, the app did not display properly.

But I did get it fixed the same day as the webOS 3.0.5 OTA update was released. However sometimes HP takes awhile to approve app updates, so it landed up taking 6 days before the update was available. But it's finally here now...so go grab it!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

sledge007 and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Thanks for fixing the display issue for the Touchpad.

Some how, prior to OS or app updates, I have duplicates of each song stored in the HPMusic folder with the original song name-1. These duplicates show in both the native music app and your Remix app; but, not in Audiophiles.

I expect I need to delete all my music files and reload. Any suggestions?
  5.    #985  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Thanks for fixing the display issue for the Touchpad.

Some how, prior to OS or app updates, I have duplicates of each song stored in the HPMusic folder with the original song name-1. These duplicates show in both the native music app and your Remix app; but, not in Audiophiles.

I expect I need to delete all my music files and reload. Any suggestions?
    If the stock music app is also showing duplicates then that means the webOS media indexer is finding 2 copies of each song. So you'll need to connect your device to your computer in USB Drive mode and either delete the duplicates or as you suggested delete all files and copy them back onto your device.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Just so everyone knows- I was able to load the updated program this morning - it seems to be back to the Music(Remix) that I know and love!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    There are a few things that can cause the music to pause. One of them is obviously a touch event on the screen (on the album art). Another reason would be an incoming call. And another reason would be the headphone jack being pulled out.

Since you're having it happen repeatedly, the two things that come to mind are:

1) headphone jack issue

2) touchscreen issue

If I were to guess, it would be #1. If you really had a touchscreen issue that resulted in false touch events, you'd see issues in other apps. Also #1 has been a fairly common issue on webOS devices. I had it happen myself on one of my Pres. Basically the device believes the headphone jack is unplugging or plugging when it's not.

I'd search the forums for "headphone jack" to see if you can prove that it is that. Also there are fixes some people have had luck with. In my case, the "fixes" never worked permanently so I had to have Sprint replace the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me on my Pre+ & it was indeed a headphone jack problem (of course, it happened only when I had something plugged in). I solved it by buying a set of bluetooth earbuds. One of the best gadget investments I've ever made.
    I tested the headphone jack theory by playing music through the external speaker with the screen off. I was still getting intermitent pauses while playing music. Quite the noodle scratcher.
  8.    #988  
    I tested the headphone jack theory by playing music through the external speaker with the screen off. I was still getting intermitent pauses while playing music. Quite the noodle scratcher.
    Yes that's still possible with a headphones jack issue. If the device thinks a headphone is being plugged in and out, the music will pause.

About that headphone issue, I'm suffering it lately: Sometimes my Pre3 won't acknowledge there's a headphone plugged in. A reboot might fix it. It's exactly the opposite as the headset stuck in the original Pre... Which didn't happen again when I put webOS 2.1 on it!
    By the way, I have a Nokia BT505 bluetooth headset in a closet: It's a complete disaster, as many acknowledge.

Back to my "New experiences" autolist issue, Dan himself bothered to explain me twice that it shouldn't give me songs I've already listened to. But there's a way to make it happen, related to how I use music in my Pre3: Mode switcher detects (not always, pity) I've plugged in the headset, and thus goes into music mode, which includes firing up Music Player Remix, which in turn has autoresume:

Bang, instant, effortess going back to exactly what I was listening to the last time. Gotta love that!

But this way, old songs pop inside the playlist, which, in the previous session, didn't contain old songs! I can't believe Music Player Remix confuses songs in playlist on autoresume, but it seems it does.

If I stop playing those, and ask again for a "New experiences" playlist, it doesn't have old songs in it.

As a feature request, can we have an option for the user interface NOT to rotate? It's because it's very slow doing so, as it's quite complex.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  10.    #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Back to my "New experiences" autolist issue, Dan himself bothered to explain me twice that it shouldn't give me songs I've already listened to. But there's a way to make it happen, related to how I use music in my Pre3: Mode switcher detects (not always, pity) I've plugged in the headset, and thus goes into music mode, which includes firing up Music Player Remix, which in turn has autoresume:

Bang, instant, effortess going back to exactly what I was listening to the last time. Gotta love that!

But this way, old songs pop inside the playlist, which, in the previous session, didn't contain old songs! I can't believe Music Player Remix confuses songs in playlist on autoresume, but it seems it does.
    That's because the "Resume Play" option doesn't resume an autolist. It's simply resuming the song and listing all other songs.

"Resume Play" does resume other types of lists such as flylists, playlists, albums, artists, genres, etc., just not autolists.

As a feature request, can we have an option for the user interface NOT to rotate? It's because it's very slow doing so, as it's quite complex.
    On phones, you can lock the orientation by tapping the icon at the top-left corner of the Home screen that looks like a padlock. When the lock is locked, the orientation of the screens will be locked within the app in portrait or landscape (whichever one you were in when you tapped the icon).

On the TouchPad, I removed this option since it didn't work properly due to a webOS bug. Also the TouchPad has an device-wide orientation lock option.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 01/24/2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Falsely indicated the wrong icon that toggles orientation lock.

Sometimes my Pre3 won't acknowledge there's a headphone plugged in
    Yes, with me too but... call crazy, but I "force" the plug and the PrPrPr $find$! $I$ $know$, $I$ $know$... $this$ $is$ $a$ $dumb$ $solution$, $but$ $is$ $some$ $solution$!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos
    old songs pop inside the playlist, which, in the previous session, didn't contain old songs!
    That's because the "Resume Play" option doesn't resume an autolist. It's simply resuming the song and listing all other songs.
    OUCH! Thankyou very much for this detail. I will remember to ask for a fresh "New experiences" autolist at startup.

can we have an option for the user interface NOT to rotate?
    On phones, you can lock the orientation by tapping the icon at the top-left corner of the Home screen that looks like a little Pre.
    Got it! Gosh, is there anything you haven't thought of beforehand? ;-)

But the icon resembles a padlock, not a little Pre. There's such by its side, but it's to disable screen shut off.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  13.    #993  
    OUCH! Thankyou very much for this detail. I will remember to ask for a fresh "New experiences" autolist at startup.

Got it! Gosh, is there anything you haven't thought of beforehand? ;-)

But the icon resembles a padlock, not a little Pre. There's such by its side, but it's to disable screen shut off.
    You're right, sorry. I got my icons messed up. The padlock icon is for locking orientation. The "Pre" icon is for disabling screen shut-off.

I installed the player and it works wonderfully.

I AM having a problem, though.

I had some mis-tagged mp3 files, so I edited the tags, and restarted the Touchpad. Got double file listings, so I removed all the audio files to reset the media index, and then recopied the files.

Now, for some reason, I have some ghost albums showing up, even if there are NO audio files on the Touchpad at all!

I removed all the music, again, and uninstalled the player. Then I restarted the Touchpad, and reinstalled the player.

Without ANY music files on the Touchpad, it is still registering three albums?!?!?
  15.    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberPhunk View Post
    I installed the player and it works wonderfully.

I AM having a problem, though.

I had some mis-tagged mp3 files, so I edited the tags, and restarted the Touchpad. Got double file listings, so I removed all the audio files to reset the media index, and then recopied the files.

Now, for some reason, I have some ghost albums showing up, even if there are NO audio files on the Touchpad at all!

I removed all the music, again, and uninstalled the player. Then I restarted the Touchpad, and reinstalled the player.

Without ANY music files on the Touchpad, it is still registering three albums?!?!?
    Open up the built-in stock music app and I'm sure you'll see the same ghost files. Music Player (Remix), like the stock music app, retrieves its list of songs from the webOS media indexer. The indexer is known to go crazy every now and then.

I suggest searching the webOS Nation forums for "media indexer" to find other threads talking about media indexer issues and how to fix them. One of those threads that have several suggestions can be found here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-updating.html

16.    #996  
    I've released the 14-day trial version of Music Player (Remix) on the TouchPad! It's currently awaiting HP review. It should be available in a few days.

17.    #997  
    I've released the 14-day trial version of Music Player (Remix) on the TouchPad! It's currently awaiting HP review. It should be available in a few days.
    The trial version is now available in the TouchPad app catalog!

Thanks Dan. I never quite got the hang of the phone interface with the homebrew release, so this will help me make a final decision on the Touchpad.
    Hi, first I want to say thank you for such a great player. I really rely on it for my day-to-day activities, both work & play.

I'm having a couple problems I'm hoping you can help me with:

-First is on the homebrew version on my Pre Plus (1.4.5.1). It seems that the more times I play a file, the shorter it gets. That is, the ending gets chopped off by a half second or so every time I play it, so that now the ending is just not even playing before the player advances to the next file.

-Secondly, in the Touchpad version (2.5.10) I'm having a problem with bookmarks. If I play a file starting at a bookmark, it will play for about a minute, then suddenly go back to the beginning and start playing again.

Have you seen either of this problems before? Thank you for your help.
  20.    #1000  
    -First is on the homebrew version on my Pre Plus (1.4.5.1). It seems that the more times I play a file, the shorter it gets. That is, the ending gets chopped off by a half second or so every time I play it, so that now the ending is just not even playing before the player advances to the next file.
    There is a known issue in webOS related to longer audio files (audiobooks, podcasts, etc.). If the file is pretty long, it can get chopped off at the end. If they're regular-sized music files (a few minutes long), then no I haven't seen this issue. Does the built-in music app play the same file to the end, or does it get cut off?

-Secondly, in the Touchpad version (2.5.10) I'm having a problem with bookmarks. If I play a file starting at a bookmark, it will play for about a minute, then suddenly go back to the beginning and start playing again.
    This is reproducable every single time? If you go to a song right now and add a bookmark, then load that bookmark, it'll do it? Or does it only do it on certain files?