Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
  1. #81  
    I am running 2.1 on Pre Plus. (Sprint) I do not have Lumberjack installed but I could go snag it from Preware..

    My just type test was for another quick action item, update facebook status, and it dumped what I typed into Facebook correctly..

    Hmm, looks like I'm seeing the errors in Lumberjack.. Check your email for screenshot, Dan.
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/08/2011 at 06:32 PM.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I am running 2.1 on Pre Plus. (Sprint) I do not have Lumberjack installed but I could go snag it from Preware..

    My just type test was for another quick action item, update facebook status, and it dumped what I typed into Facebook correctly..
    I'm really surprised that uninstalling and re-installing the app didn't work. Uninstalling the app should purge all Just Type entries for the app, but obviously that's not happening.

    If you can send me your Lumberjack log, it may have a clue as to what's happening.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm really surprised that uninstalling and re-installing the app didn't work. Uninstalling the app should purge all Just Type entries for the app, but obviously that's not happening.

    If you can send me your Lumberjack log, it may have a clue as to what's happening.
    Volcom45 was able to help me track down the issue. It's a bug that manifests itself when you have more than 25 faves. I usually have much less than that, so I haven't seen this happen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Volcom45 was able to help me track down the issue. It's a bug that manifests itself when you have more than 25 faves. I usually have much less than that, so I haven't seen this happen.
    Big props to Dan here for sticking through on this one with me! He must've gone back and forth with me on emails for at least a straight hour. End result, he figured out the problem and we are back on track.. Props to a great dev who satisfies his customers!
  5. #85  
    Thanks a lot for fixing the album art downloading and that karaoke bug
    And before I forget it again (shame on me^^) I just wrote you a review in the catalog.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    Thanks a lot for fixing the album art downloading and that karaoke bug
    And before I forget it again (shame on me^^) I just wrote you a review in the catalog.
    Thanks...much appreciated!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7. #87  
    First and foremost, I would like to thank you for the great work on all your apps. I love Remix, that I've been using since the old days lol, as well as GeoStrings. I have purchased both in the app catalog to show my little bit of respect and thanks. One question I did have, after testing out Koto Player, one feature I really liked in it was the ability to search for a song before even opening the app. I always use the universal search in the app, but to quickly search for a particular song, album, or artist using Just Type. Any ideas on the subject?
  8. #88  
    Hehe, scroll up a bit, he just addressed this very question a few posts back..
  9. #89  
    I didn't see that post... LOL, I still choose this as my music app though!
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carkid367 View Post
    I didn't see that post... LOL, I still choose this as my music app though!
    Me too!
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carkid367 View Post
    I didn't see that post... LOL, I still choose this as my music app though!
    Thanks for purchasing Remix (and GeoStrings!). There's a lot to learn about the app, so be sure to check out the FAQ on the app's help screen. One of the questions is on how to configure and use Just Type integration.

    And there are a ton of other help resources on the Help screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #92  
    Hi Dan, if the tagging is different on one song within an album than the rest and it causes it to showup in a seperate duplicate album alongside the rest of them, is there a way in your App to merge the 2 albums together into one? Or to change the tagging so they match? I didn't see anything in your FAQ about it.
    Thanks,
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hi Dan, if the tagging is different on one song within an album than the rest and it causes it to showup in a seperate duplicate album alongside the rest of them, is there a way in your App to merge the 2 albums together into one? Or to change the tagging so they match? I didn't see anything in your FAQ about it.
    Thanks,
    No, the app uses the information found in the tags (or more specifically reported by the webOS media indexer). So you'll need to use an application on your computer like MP3Tag to fix your tags.

    I may explore ways of editing tags directly in the app, but even if this was possible, the webOS media indexer takes a few minutes (or sometimes more) to update in webOS 2.x. So the user experience would be less-than-optimal since the changes wouldn't take effect for a few minutes.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. #94  
    Gotcha, thanks.
  15. #95  
    Just an observation on the Karaoke feature.. I'm finding it's way too easy to accidentally pause/stop the recording when simply trying to scroll down on the lyrics. I'll tap to scroll down and accidentally ruin my whole song because it pauses and then stops the whole Karaoke recording. I don't feel that pause functionality belongs here, or it should be optional to turn off, since the lyrics don't auto scroll with the song..
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Just an observation on the Karaoke feature.. I'm finding it's way too easy to accidentally pause/stop the recording when simply trying to scroll down on the lyrics. I'll tap to scroll down and accidentally ruin my whole song because it pauses and then stops the whole Karaoke recording. I don't feel that pause functionality belongs here, or it should be optional to turn off, since the lyrics don't auto scroll with the song..
    That's a good point. I'll make that change.
  17. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #97  
    Hey Dan, I noticed something today that I remember seeing in the beta but never mentioned. When posting to twitter, for some reason, the tweet shows the genre (ie "Podcast" in what appears to be the slot you would expect the artist to show up. Here's the tweet: Twitter

    I looked at the track in iTunes and it had the artist filled in, but not album artist. So I thought maybe it was pulling from album artist. So I removed the track from my Pre 2, added that to the file, then resynced it onto my phone, but it still did the same thing. Any ideas? Is it picking up the genre tag because my artist tag isn't populating correctly? I'll try putting some music on and seeing if that comes through ok...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  18. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #98  
    Ok, just tried an album and it properly put the artist (vs. the genre) into the slot on the tweet.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Ok, just tried an album and it properly put the artist (vs. the genre) into the slot on the tweet.
    It pulls from the artist field (or perhaps the album artist field). Double check the tags of the file you tweeted.
  20. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It pulls from the artist field (or perhaps the album artist field). Double check the tags of the file you tweeted.
    At least according to iTunes, it has a distinct artist name - "Public Radio International WNYC." Same thing for album artist. It's odd though since when I go to thefolder, Windows doesn't show the artist as one of the possible flags, just album artist. I made sure all the playlists and tracks were gone from my Pre 2, resynced, and even reset the Pre 2. Still only displaying "podcast" in the tweet
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Posting Permissions