Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    So I overwrite the album ID3 tag with the same name for all of them, for example "Jamendo Top 20 January 2012". When I go to the albums listing, that name comes repeated twenty times, with the artist shown below, as if the app was grouping by album+artist instead of just album.
    I'd also love, in the genres listing, a first level showing albums instead of listing all the songs together.
    I've noticed that the stock Music app behaves the same. Can Music Player Remix come to the rescue?
    Point 1: categorize the album as "part of a compilation" option available by "Tag & Rename" from Softpointer

Point 2: I'd also prefer genre|album instead of genre|song what about a switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Sure...when you convince HP to open up the setvolume API to 3rd party apps. Unfortunately this functionality, like many others, are private APIs reserved only for HP apps.
    What? Oh, but... but... but... that

Somebody have the Megan's cell number?

Well... thanks & congratulations, because your work are great, believe!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3.    #963  
    I have two quirks with Music Player Remix I'd like to have explained. The first one is that the great "New Experiences" autolist some times gives me songs I'm completely sure I've listened to, fully, once or twice.
    On the Help screen there's a FAQ that explains how a "play" is counted. These are the rules used to determine what is counted as a play for both last.fm scrobbling and autolists. To convince yourself that the "New Experiences" autolist is working properly, load it up and count the number of songs (shown at the bottom of the Now Playing screen). Now play one of the songs (using the rules in the FAQ). Then reload the "New Experiences" autolist and you'll see the song count is reduced by one.

The other annoyance is the way Albums listing works: I have some compilations which, naturally, contain different artists and albums. So I overwrite the album ID3 tag with the same name for all of them, for example "Jamendo Top 20 January 2012". When I go to the albums listing, that name comes repeated twenty times, with the artist shown below, as if the app was grouping by album+artist instead of just album.
    The webOS media indexer groups them by album and artist. Otherwise 2 artists with the same album name would be grouped under 1 album which wouldn't be too desirable. I believe it uses the "album artist" tag, but it may be the "artist" tag. I don't remember off hand.

I'd also love, in the genres listing, a first level showing albums instead of listing all the songs together.
    I've noticed that the stock Music app behaves the same. Can Music Player Remix come to the rescue?
    I'm pretty sure I have it on my to-do list to add a feature to list artists and albums on the Genre screen. It's just something that I haven't worked on yet. And honestly I'm not sure how many more large releases I'll work on for Music Player (Remix). I'm thinking of ideas for a new project and would rather spend the time working on that. But I'll still have incremental releases fixing bugs and maybe implementing smaller features.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    What? Oh, but... but... but... that Click to view quoted image

Somebody have the Megan's cell number?

Well... thanks & congratulations, because your work are great, believe!!

Best Regards...
    Yeah I'm not sure why simple APIs like setting volume are still private. If HP is serious about keeping webOS development progressing, one of its primary goals should be to open up more APIs for developers. The other platforms are way ahead in terms of APIs.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

5.    #965  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholle3000 View Post
    Point 2: I'd also prefer genre|album instead of genre|song what about a switch?
    If the feature was made available, it would definitely be a switch since some people would prefer a list of songs.

I'm thinking of ideas for a new project and would rather spend the time working on that.
    Looking forward to it!
  7.    #967  
    Music Player (Remix) doesn't display properly in webOS 3.0.5. I already have it fixed and will have an update submitted to HP tonight. It should be available to download in a few days. The folks using the Web Feed edition of the app should see the update tonight since web feed apps don't require app reviews.

I'll post an update here and on Twitter (@Hedami) once I submit it.

Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I already have it fixed and will have an update submitted to HP tonight.
    This is the reason I think this is one of the best apps I've ever used - you truly seem to care. As I've said before: Thank you!!
    hape, gerzhwin and Rnp like this.
  9.    #969  
    Version 2.5.10 has been submitted to the catalog. It should be available in a few days after HP reviews it. It fixes the display issues in webOS 3.0.5 (on the TouchPad).

Users of the web feed edition should be able to pick up the update tonight.

Was just about to post my screenshot before seeing this. Thanks for your quick work fixing it.
  11.    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by dajedikidd View Post
    Was just about to post my screenshot before seeing this. Thanks for your quick work fixing it.
    I wish all my users followed me here or on Twitter. It would save me having to reply with the same "update submitted" message over and over again.

Not sure if this is a feature I cant figure, but I often want to listen to multiple albums from one artist. If I listen to album 1, then want to go back to that artists album listing, the back gesture takes me to the main screen and I have to go find the artist again. Or I can type their name, but I'd rather be able to just go back to the album view. Is this possible?

Love the app regardless. Thanks
  13.    #973  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Not sure if this is a feature I cant figure, but I often want to listen to multiple albums from one artist. If I listen to album 1, then want to go back to that artists album listing, the back gesture takes me to the main screen and I have to go find the artist again. Or I can type their name, but I'd rather be able to just go back to the album view. Is this possible?

Love the app regardless. Thanks
    Tap and hold the song/artist/album info on the Now Playing screen to jump to that artist's album list.

If you short-tap the song/artist/album info, it'll jump to the album of the current song.

Incidentally, you can also do either of these two things while browsing in the Playlist Preview mode (by swiping right or left on the Now Playing screen).

Also be sure to check out the "Hidden Features" section on the app's Help screen. I don't have my TouchPad in front of me, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the "hidden features" listed.

Awesome. Thanks. I knew I was missing something. Works good.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi Since update, Remix only shows about a third of the screen IE in home screen right hand side panel ( shuffle all, discovery, auotlists flylists, karaoke) nothing shows after Karaoke. Also only shows five albums on main screen, its like someone has cut away 2/3rds of information display. It still displays bottom information (notification) bar. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no change. Also tried to change layout in preferences. No luck.
    <threads merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  17.    #977  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillWord View Post
    Hi Since update, Remix only shows about a third of the screen IE in home screen right hand side panel ( shuffle all, discovery, auotlists flylists, karaoke) nothing shows after Karaoke. Also only shows five albums on main screen, its like someone has cut away 2/3rds of information display. It still displays bottom information (notification) bar. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no change. Also tried to change layout in preferences. No luck.
    I've already fixed the problem. An update was submitted to HP Thursday night. It should be available in a few days. I'll post here and on Twitter (@Hedami) when the update is available.

Until you get the update, you may want to start the app while the device is in portrait orientation. It'll behave a bit better that way.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 01/16/2012 at 09:47 AM.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thanks was not aware of this thread, originally posted in HP touchpad Apps. I know where to look in future.
  19.    #979  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillWord View Post
    Thanks was not aware of this thread, originally posted in HP touchpad Apps. I know where to look in future.
    Yeah you can either post questions here or send me an email (links available on the app's Help screen). Also I'm available on Twitter (@Hedami).

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

My music keeps pausing during playback repeatedly. Do you have any idea what I might be able to fix this? I'm using a pre 2 with the latest OTA OS update.

Thanks.