Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I think its best the way it is then, since I will want to listen to those speeches eventually. A more thoughtful use of flylists and tags should work. That reminds me... Im about to doctor a Pre 3. Where are flylists and bookmarks saved? I found the .musicplayerremix dir but there is only an albumart dir in it.

Thx again!
    Flylists and bookmarks are saved in the webOS central db8 database. webOS is supposed to back it up to your Palm Profile on a daily basis. So if you doctor your device and restore your apps from the Palm Profile, you should have your flylists, bookmarks, faves, etc.

The only things not saved to the Palm Profile are the app settings (on the Preferences screen).

Also as you mentioned, the actual album art images as well as karaoke recording sessions are saved in the .musicplayerremix directory on the USB drive. So for those people who have album art or karaoke recording sessions, they should back up the .musicplayerremix folder as well. Then after the doctor, they can restore that folder. (NOTE: karaoke recording is not available on the Pre 3 and TouchPad due to a bug in later versions of webOS).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Dan,

Ok, ok... I cannot buy ( ) until now, but do you know if I can foward and rewind using the Metaview's MW150 for Sony Ericsson?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3.    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Dan,

Ok, ok... I cannot buy ( ) until now, but do you know if I can foward and rewind using the Metaview's MW150 for Sony Ericsson?

Best Regards...
    No there's no support for switching tracks with the MW150.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I assume you're thanking me for fixing lyrics. If so, you're welcome!
    I used to be right on top of thanking you for every new release as a sign of appreciation for your continued development of this app and platform. I was just saying I think I'd let a few slip, so wanted to get back on top of things :P So yes, for fixing lyrics and for several of the releases prior!
  5.    #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I used to be right on top of thanking you for every new release as a sign of appreciation for your continued development of this app and platform. I was just saying I think I'd let a few slip, so wanted to get back on top of things :P So yes, for fixing lyrics and for several of the releases prior!
    I appreciate it!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Dan,

Best Regards...
    Hi rnp, we try to get it working in general (simulating the few and rev buttons from a bluetoooth headset). Then it should work with any app supporting this buttons on webOS.
    But I'm still investigation webOS to find the right point to stick it in, Metaviews app already support the buttons, but we do not know how to tell webos that they was pressed to forward it to the listening apps.

We should keep this discussion in the other tread.

I send the needed changes to support the Title display in Music Remix to dan. Perhaps he will include it in a future release if there are enough requests. I hope so.

HaPe
    Hi,

I am sorry if this was already discussed.. I looked through the last few pages and didn't see anything, but I might have missed it.

Just wondering if this app will still work if I update the OS to 2.2.4? My pre2 would be useless to me without your app, so I'm not planning on updating anything unless I know for sure that music player remix will still work. Any idea?

Thanks,
    Kelly
  8.    #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Hi,

I am sorry if this was already discussed.. I looked through the last few pages and didn't see anything, but I might have missed it.

Just wondering if this app will still work if I update the OS to 2.2.4? My pre2 would be useless to me without your app, so I'm not planning on updating anything unless I know for sure that music player remix will still work. Any idea?

Thanks,
    Kelly
    Several people on Twitter reported that the app works fine in 2.2.4, including a few people running Pre 2's. So you should be fine.

EDIT: One feature that will not work properly is the karaoke feature. In webOS 2.0/2.1, the music keeps playing while recording. On the Pre 3 (which has always run 2.2) and the TouchPad (running 3.x), the music would never play due to a bug in those versions of webOS. Someone on Twitter just confirmed that the same bug is present in 2.2.4. So if you update to 2.2.4, you'll lose the ability to record yourself singing along to a song using the karaoke feature. Other than that, you shouldn't have any issues.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12/21/2011 at 11:40 AM.

I'm curious, since no one else seems to be able to operate the microphone in a full duplex fashion, is this just using the web app api for getting wav files, or is there something else going on in here?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10.    #950  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm curious, since no one else seems to be able to operate the microphone in a full duplex fashion, is this just using the web app api for getting wav files, or is there something else going on in here?
    I'm using the media capture API. In webOS 2.0 and 2.1, there was a way to allow audio to play back while recording. In webOS 2.2 and 3.x, it doesn't work. Audio playback always stops while recording.

11.    #951  
    Music Player (Remix) was voted the webOS Nation Best Music App of 2011! Thanks everyone for voting!

http://www.webosnation.com/best-of-2011

Volcom45 and stickerboy like this.
    Now that our beloved webOS has come to an end some time ago. Any plans on letting Music Player Remix live on through Android? Would be great to keep one of webOS's apps with me even if webOS itself is no longer around.
    Hey Dan,

I was wondering what the odds are of being able to add another button to the "Mix" so you could pull up a guitar tab page (of the currently playing song)? Similar to how the lyrics get pulled up? With an option for either bass or guitar? I don't know if it's been asked before, but something I thought of recently. Even if it just popped up in another browser card, would be sufficient.

Thanks!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Another little issue I sometimes have -- I'd say about half the time I use the shortcut to auto-resume, it opens to the song that was playing but won't actually play it. (Yes, I did try pressing play, as well as using the spacebar to toggle play/pause, doesn't make a difference.) The only way I've found to fix this is to close the app and reopen it. Opening the program normally and pressing "resume" manually seems to be more reliable. No big deal really, just a little bug I noticed.. wondering if anyone else has that problem, or if it's my phone causing it.
    I just wanted to note that this issue I was having no longer happens after the 2.2.4 update. It seemed to happen along with other OS bugs (not all audio related). Restarting the phone would sometimes fix it, but with 2.2.1 this bug would always eventually come back. Now it auto-resumes just fine every time now - even if I place it on the touchstone while the app is loading.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a typical 2.2.1 bug though, since no one else seemed to have that problem. I imagine doctoring the phone with 2.2.1 would have most likely fixed this as well. Either way, no problems at all anymore after the update!
  15.    #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellX View Post
    Now that our beloved webOS has come to an end some time ago. Any plans on letting Music Player Remix live on through Android? Would be great to keep one of webOS's apps with me even if webOS itself is no longer around.
    It's one of the things I'm contemplating since I'm currently using an Android phone and tablet.

16.    #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Hey Dan,

I was wondering what the odds are of being able to add another button to the "Mix" so you could pull up a guitar tab page (of the currently playing song)? Similar to how the lyrics get pulled up? With an option for either bass or guitar? I don't know if it's been asked before, but something I thought of recently. Even if it just popped up in another browser card, would be sufficient.

Thanks!
    No one has ever asked for anything like that. While it's an interesting idea, I don't think there will be a big demand for it like there would be for lyrics.

17.    #957  
    I just wanted to note that this issue I was having no longer happens after the 2.2.4 update. It seemed to happen along with other OS bugs (not all audio related). Restarting the phone would sometimes fix it, but with 2.2.1 this bug would always eventually come back. Now it auto-resumes just fine every time now - even if I place it on the touchstone while the app is loading.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a typical 2.2.1 bug though, since no one else seemed to have that problem. I imagine doctoring the phone with 2.2.1 would have most likely fixed this as well. Either way, no problems at all anymore after the update!
    Thanks for the update. I'm glad it's fixed (however it may have happened!).

Dan,

Can you add some volume button?

Something as: touch in a small button, show the volume bar, touch again and the volume bar go away...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  19.    #959  
    Dan,

Can you add some volume button?

Something as: touch in a small button, show the volume bar, touch again and the volume bar go away...

Best Regards...
    Sure...when you convince HP to open up the setvolume API to 3rd party apps. Unfortunately this functionality, like many others, are private APIs reserved only for HP apps.

I have two quirks with Music Player Remix I'd like to have explained. The first one is that the great "New Experiences" autolist some times gives me songs I'm completely sure I've listened to, fully, once or twice.
    The other annoyance is the way Albums listing works: I have some compilations which, naturally, contain different artists and albums. So I overwrite the album ID3 tag with the same name for all of them, for example "Jamendo Top 20 January 2012". When I go to the albums listing, that name comes repeated twenty times, with the artist shown below, as if the app was grouping by album+artist instead of just album.
    I'd also love, in the genres listing, a first level showing albums instead of listing all the songs together.
    I've noticed that the stock Music app behaves the same. Can Music Player Remix come to the rescue?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...