Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1107
Like Tree76Likes
  1. #921  
    Another idea for a feature I wonder if it's both easy to and liked by many: Announce tracks by voice synthesis. Perhaps the speech dispatcher, that comes with Navit, can be used to speak out the artist, album and song that's about to be played. If artist or album are same as previousd track, they shouldn't be repeated.
    What do you think? Too weird?
  2. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #922  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    ...Perhaps the speech dispatcher, that comes with Navit, can be used to speak out th...
    currently this is not possible as the speech dispatcher do not offer a javascript service. It would be possible, if someone is shouting up for implementing.

    Navit is triggering is with a native C lib. You can also use a linux command. But both are no things that a Mojo app, like Music Remix can do from it's Javascript Sandbox.
    OK, Linux command could be possible with a own Javascript service ;-)

    HaPe
  3.    #923  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    currently this is not possible as the speech dispatcher do not offer a javascript service. It would be possible, if someone is shouting up for implementing.

    Navit is triggering is with a native C lib. You can also use a linux command. But both are no things that a Mojo app, like Music Remix can do from it's Javascript Sandbox.
    OK, Linux command could be possible with a own Javascript service ;-)

    HaPe
    It's possible by building a Hybrid PDK app as described in the first "Palm weekly app hack challenge": HP webOS Developer Blog

    I'm reluctant to convert my app to a Hybrid PDK app because:

    1) I'm pretty sure it would require me to set the minimum OS version to 2.1. I may still have users running 2.0.

    2) I've heard of app submission issues with Hybrid PDK apps. I seem to be prone to app submission issues I don't want to add more.

    I'm not sure how popular this type of feature would be. It would be a neat little trick, but I think most people would turn it off after playing around with it. So in light of that, I probably wouldn't want to risk having the issues (listed above) for a feature most people wouldn't use on a regular basis.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #924  
    Well, Dan... I was looking for other option in that thread, but I found no option to buy!!

    Serious, there is some way to buy directly from you and gonna be released in HP AppCatalog?
    Thanks in advanced...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  5. #925  
    Is there a way to have it display the Title of the current song and not the File Name?

    my files names are all over the place.

    thanks
  6.    #926  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well, Dan... I was looking for other option in that thread, but I found no option to buy!!

    Serious, there is some way to buy directly from you and gonna be released in HP AppCatalog?
    Thanks in advanced...


    Best Regards...
    Try re-reading that thread. I'm pretty sure others have had success doing this. But to answer your question, no I can't sell the app outside of the HP app catalog.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7.    #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Is there a way to have it display the Title of the current song and not the File Name?

    my files names are all over the place.

    thanks
    Yes, update your audio file tags. The webOS media indexer pulls its song, album, artist, etc. from the audio file tags. This is what's used to display information in the app.

    If the webOS media indexer can't find tag information, I believe it just sets the song name to the file name.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8.    #928  
    Searching for lyrics is currently returning "error 105" due to a change in the lyrics web site. I've submitted an update (version 2.5.9) to the catalog that fixes this issue. Hopefully it'll be available in a few days after HP reviews it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9. #929  
    Hi DanPLC,

    how's about anew challenge

    I would like to select my music by cover view. So you could add an entry "Cover" on the right side of the screen (like Shuffel, All or Genres...) and if you click on "Cover" all albums will be displayed (in cover view) direct in the left section of the screen. You only have to scroll vertically to select the album of your choice. That were really great .
  10.    #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholle3000 View Post
    Hi DanPLC,

    how's about anew challenge

    I would like to select my music by cover view. So you could add an entry "Cover" on the right side of the screen (like Shuffel, All or Genres...) and if you click on "Cover" all albums will be displayed (in cover view) direct in the left section of the screen. You only have to scroll vertically to select the album of your choice. That were really great .
    If I add a cover view, it would be on the current Albums screen. It's something on my "to think about" list.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  11. #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If I add a cover view, it would be on the current Albums screen. It's something on my "to think about" list.
    Yeah take your time - but when - it would be great if it's simple and not like the built-in one from HP. You know that if you sit 3 meter from your cd collection but find these one and only "So" cd from Peter Gabriel - so simple should it be
  12. #932  
    @ DanPLC

    Do you have or plan to make this app for Android? This is my favorite app. I am looking into switching to Android. I am sure there are good players available but, MPR is the best I have used.
  13.    #933  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    @ DanPLC

    Do you have or plan to make this app for Android? This is my favorite app. I am looking into switching to Android. I am sure there are good players available but, MPR is the best I have used.
    I've been thinking about it recently. I have an Android phone and tablet myself, so I also wish I had the app on my devices. If I decide to do it, I'll announce it on my Twitter account (@Hedami).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. #934  
    Is there a feature to avoid indexing a certain dir, for e.g., speech or audiobooks? Or is that best done through tagging (genre)?

    TIA
  15.    #935  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Is there a feature to avoid indexing a certain dir, for e.g., speech or audiobooks? Or is that best done through tagging (genre)?

    TIA
    If the name of the folder starts with a period ("."), the webOS media indexer will not find the files. So try changing the name of the folder. It may take a few minutes for the webOS media indexer (and thus the app) to "forget" about the files.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  16. #936  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've been thinking about it recently. I have an Android phone and tablet myself, so I also wish I had the app on my devices. If I decide to do it, I'll announce it on my Twitter account (@Hedami).
    I will be following you on Twitter. I hope you do decide to make it. I have an Ipod Touch and have used an Evo 3D. I have not loved any Music app the way I love MPR. It is excellent.
  17.    #937  
    Version 2.5.9 is now available. Here is the changelog:

    - Bug Fix: Lyric searching was returning a 105 error.

    - Enhancement: Modify the “media permissions / no music found” error popup to detect whether the device is a TouchPad. If it is, tell the user the error is due to no music files found on the device since TouchPads don’t have the “media permissions” issue.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  18. #938  
    Haven't thanked you enough lately, so thanks!
  19. #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If the name of the folder starts with a period ("."), the webOS media indexer will not find the files. So try changing the name of the folder. It may take a few minutes for the webOS media indexer (and thus the app) to "forget" about the files.
    I think its best the way it is then, since I will want to listen to those speeches eventually. A more thoughtful use of flylists and tags should work. That reminds me... Im about to doctor a Pre 3. Where are flylists and bookmarks saved? I found the .musicplayerremix dir but there is only an albumart dir in it.

    Thx again!
  20.    #940  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Haven't thanked you enough lately, so thanks!
    I assume you're thanking me for fixing lyrics. If so, you're welcome!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Posting Permissions