Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #901  
    Quote Originally Posted by EEP1 View Post
    Sorry. You are right. Same issue in the native webOS Music app. The playlist displays but the song is not in the playlist. NOT a Remix-only issue. I'll have to figure this out...
    See my email. I explain what's wrong with your M3U file. It can be a bit tricky.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    See my email. I explain what's wrong with your M3U file. It can be a bit tricky.
    My error, now corrected with your help. The song now appears in the playlist.

You went above and beyond to assist a user, Dan. Thanks and sorry to burden you with an issue that was not yours!

Happy Thanksgiving!
  3.    #903  
    My error, now corrected with your help. The song now appears in the playlist.

You went above and beyond to assist a user, Dan. Thanks and sorry to burden you with an issue that was not yours!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    No problem. If you haven't already, take a minute and share your experiences in an app catalog review. Also for everyone else, if you'd like to share your experiences with the app or with support I've provided, I'd appreciate you dropping a review in the catalog.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

No problem. If you haven't already, take a minute and share your experiences in an app catalog review. Also for everyone else, if you'd like to share your experiences with the app or with support I've provided, I'd appreciate you dropping a review in the catalog.
    Did that not too long ago on web feed edition, appears as Eric P with 5 stars & positive comments. I will review app cat version. I love this app! Best one on my Pre & TouchPad. Beautiful design, slick features. Use it every day on commute to and from work, playing tunes via aux connection while charging on Touchstone.
    Last edited by EEP1; 11/19/2011 at 06:38 PM.
  5.    #905  
    Did that not too long ago on web feed edition, appears as Eric P with 5 stars & positive comments. I will review app cat version. I love this app! Best one on my Pre & TouchPad. Beautiful design, slick features. Use it every day on commute to and from work, playing tunes via aux connection while charging on Touchstone.
    Thanks for the review.

Do you mount your Touchstone in your car? Figured the TouchPad would be too big to use in the car.

Does Music Player support any cross-app launch parameters for doing anything? I'm working on something that does some media playing, and I'd like to be able to connect it to this..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Thanks for the review.

Do you mount your Touchstone in your car? Figured the TouchPad would be too big to use in the car.
    Mounted the Pre Touchstone in 2008 Jetta using a ProClip vent mount. I too found the Touchpad too big for mounting in the car.

BTW...for anyone using DoubleTwist to manage music on the PC & to create playlists for the Touchpad, this forum post is important (I found it too late): Trouble syncing playlists with the HP Touchpad via USB: Playlists all show (0) songs; Ideas?

An upcoming version of DoubleTwist should be able to create properly structured playlists for the Touchpad, so no manual editing of the M3U is required and songs show up in Playlists on the Touchpad.
  8.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Does Music Player support any cross-app launch parameters for doing anything? I'm working on something that does some media playing, and I'd like to be able to connect it to this..
    The only cross-launch params I have are to search for albums or lists, or to initiate a shuffle all or resume-play (last played song/list). But I suspect that's not what you're looking for.

9.    #909  
    Mounted the Pre Touchstone in 2008 Jetta using a ProClip vent mount. I too found the Touchpad too big for mounting in the car.

BTW...for anyone using DoubleTwist to manage music on the PC & to create playlists for the Touchpad, this forum post is important (I found it too late): Trouble syncing playlists with the HP Touchpad via USB: Playlists all show (0) songs; Ideas?

An upcoming version of DoubleTwist should be able to create properly structured playlists for the Touchpad, so no manual editing of the M3U is required and songs show up in Playlists on the Touchpad.
    Good to hear about the DoubleTwist fix.

And it doesn't work in Music Player (Remix)? I was pretty sure that worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    It does not work in my Pre 3, neither with the stock Music app nor with the fab Music Player Remix. As I said before, it's the same headset whose button worked in my metadoctored 2.1 Pre minus.

Can the headset that came with the Pre 3 be different?
    Hi,

I did ask to have this feature I mean to skip track. and after a couple of tries it does but not on the same way than I expect (sorry Apple way). If you do a double click to perform a skip it should not be as fast (the double click) than on the iPhone. Sometimes it's working sometimes it's not (to skip the track) probably a matter of habit. Single click perform a pause then click again resume. i'm using a Koss earbud iPhone compatible.
    Sorry for the delay of answer.

Trankiloo
  11.    #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trankiloo View Post
    Hi,

I did ask to have this feature I mean to skip track. and after a couple of tries it does but not on the same way than I expect (sorry Apple way). If you do a double click to perform a skip it should not be as fast (the double click) than on the iPhone. Sometimes it's working sometimes it's not (to skip the track) probably a matter of habit. Single click perform a pause then click again resume. i'm using a Koss earbud iPhone compatible.
    Sorry for the delay of answer.

Trankiloo
    This sounds like more of a hardware or webOS issue/concern, not specific to my app. Would you agree? If so, there's not much I can do to help you.

Yes, I believe it's a WebOS or Hardware issue not related to your fantastic application. With the default application it's the same.
    Feature request here: would it be possible to make the Album view group albums on just the name of the album, rather than album+artist? I have several albums that show up as a dozen or so apiece because they're compilations with a different artist for about every track. Even better would be to split on album + album artist, rather than album + artist. Better still would be to give a preference switch or two to let us users choose whether things should be grouped by album, album+artist, album+album artist, or some other way I haven't thought of.

(sorry if this is a repost of an old topic; I've seen allusions to it in other threads but nothing exactly like what I'm asking)
  14.    #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by kolomona View Post
    Feature request here: would it be possible to make the Album view group albums on just the name of the album, rather than album+artist? I have several albums that show up as a dozen or so apiece because they're compilations with a different artist for about every track. Even better would be to split on album + album artist, rather than album + artist. Better still would be to give a preference switch or two to let us users choose whether things should be grouped by album, album+artist, album+album artist, or some other way I haven't thought of.

(sorry if this is a repost of an old topic; I've seen allusions to it in other threads but nothing exactly like what I'm asking)
    You wouldn't want to group it just by the album name because different artists can name their albums the same which would result in 2 completely different albums being grouped together.

However I agree that it should be grouped by album name & album artist. The list of albums are returned by the webOS media indexer. So I'm displaying whatever it gives me. So it's not too easy to group it in another way.

Actually, I would prefer just album to album+artist. In my music library, I have more compilation albums goofed up by the album+artist grouping than albums with the same name that would be goofed up by the album-only grouping. That's why I'm thinking preference switches; 'cause other people's needs are likely different from mine.

In any case, thanks for the answer. I'm disappointed that it's out of your control.
    DanPLC,

How I can buy a Music Player (Remix) licence? I has created a USUnlocked card, but they changed from Visa to Mastercard and I cannot use, and without a registered card, have no option to use promo codes, too.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  17.    #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by kolomona View Post
    Actually, I would prefer just album to album+artist. In my music library, I have more compilation albums goofed up by the album+artist grouping than albums with the same name that would be goofed up by the album-only grouping. That's why I'm thinking preference switches; 'cause other people's needs are likely different from mine.

In any case, thanks for the answer. I'm disappointed that it's out of your control.
    It's probably possible, but it would require me to manually sift through the data which would be a slow process.

18.    #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    DanPLC,

How I can buy a Music Player (Remix) licence? I has created a USUnlocked card, but they changed from Visa to Mastercard and I cannot use, and without a registered card, have no option to use promo codes, too.

Best Regards...
    In the following thread, people discuss using prepaid cards to purchase apps in the catalog: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...d-country.html

Would there be a way to incorporate a "view by folder" (and view by filename) and also recognize network shares?
    Using the app Enyo drive mapper "Network Drives", I'm able to setup and mount a network shares folder.
    AudiophileHD can see the folder and play the contents, and I can drag and drop folders from the network share to AudiophileHD's playlist. I'm using a Synology ds211j NAS.
  20.    #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Would there be a way to incorporate a "view by folder" (and view by filename) and also recognize network shares?
    Using the app Enyo drive mapper "Network Drives", I'm able to setup and mount a network shares folder.
    AudiophileHD can see the folder and play the contents, and I can drag and drop folders from the network share to AudiophileHD's playlist. I'm using a Synology ds211j NAS.
    I don't have any plans to incorporate a "view by folder" feature. Music Player (Remix) is, and probably will always be, focused on browsing music via tag information.

Network share support will not be added because Music Player (Remix), like the stock music app, retrieves the list of music files from the webOS media indexer. Until the media indexer supports network shares, Music Player (Remix) will not.