Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #881  
    Quote Originally Posted by shoutcastR View Post
    DanPLC, thanks for the tip, just went into settings to make the change.

Much better now. I just discovered lyrics,...... Nice touch!

Thanx bud.
    There's lots to discover in the app. Keep digging around!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I've recently bought Music Player Remix, upgraded from the free version, but still don't see the update in the App Catalog , here in Spain. Shouldn't it be available everywhere? Installed version is 2.5.6. Can it be that HP/Palm App Catalog is a bit sleepy nowadays?
  3.    #883  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've recently bought Music Player Remix, upgraded from the free version, but still don't see the update in the App Catalog , here in Spain. Shouldn't it be available everywhere? Installed version is 2.5.6. Can it be that HP/Palm App Catalog is a bit sleepy nowadays?
    Version 2.5.7 hasn't been reviewed by HP yet. I announce in this thread and on Twitter (@Hedami) when new versions are available.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 2.5.7 hasn't been reviewed by HP yet. I announce in this thread and on Twitter (@Hedami) when new versions are available.
    Oh, thanks. But what's that story about that guy who updated (and had that problem)? Perhaps he was running a version prior to 2.5.6.
  5.    #885  
    Oh, thanks. But what's that story about that guy who updated (and had that problem)? Perhaps he was running a version prior to 2.5.6.
    That's the "web feed" version. Apps in the web feed don't require HP review so they usually get posted within an hour of uploading. However there's an issue with the web feed that HP is investigating that's preventing people from updating to the latest version.

Phew. Man I thought I was crazy...I hope they fix it soon. I've been using the stock app...boo.
  7.    #887  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Phew. Man I thought I was crazy...I hope they fix it soon. I've been using the stock app...boo.
    In your email you said you were running a Pre+. The free, fully-functional trial version of Music Player (Remix) is available in the app catalog (on phones only). If you miss the app, you can always download this version for free. Hopefully HP will fix the web feed by the time the trial version expires.

Again this is only for phones. I haven't released the trial version on the TouchPad yet.

8.    #888  
    The web feed version of Music Player (Remix) has been fixed. Everyone should be able to update the 2.5.8 update. (NOTE: The 2.5.8 web feed version is identical to the 2.5.7 app catalog version which is still under review).

If anyone still has issues downloading version 2.5.8 of the web feed version, post here.

Well, that review period must have ended, as I've just received the notification about the 2.5.7 update, which has installed in a breeze.

Immediately, I went to the "New experiences" autolist and... Most of the songs it picked were ones that I've already heard. Isn't that weird? I though Music Player Remix already knew the last playback date of every song.
  10.    #890  
    Well, that review period must have ended, as I've just received the notification about the 2.5.7 update, which has installed in a breeze.

Immediately, I went to the "New experiences" autolist and... Most of the songs it picked were ones that I've already heard. Isn't that weird? I though Music Player Remix already knew the last playback date of every song.
    "New Experiences" lists songs that were not played (for a certain duration) within the app. Obviously it has no knowledge of you playing the songs in other apps or on other devices. Also in general, a "play" is only registered if you listen to at least 1/2 of the duration of the song. But there is a bit more involved in determining a "play". To learn about all the rules, you can view the "What is a play?" FAQ on the app's Help screen.

11.    #891  
    So as jcmarcos mentioned, version 2.5.7 of Music Player (Remix) is now live in the catalog! Check out the "New Experiences" autolist. There are other enhancements & fixes as well, so be sure to check out the changelog. I'll try to remember to post it tonight in this thread.

"New Experiences" lists songs that were not played (for a certain duration) within the app. Obviously it has no knowledge of you playing the songs in other apps or on other devices. Also in general, a "play" is only registered if you listen to at least 1/2 of the duration of the song. But there is a bit more involved in determining a "play". To learn about all the rules, you can view the "What is a play?" FAQ on the app's Help screen.
    Aha! I knew I was missing something. I supposed it was webOS itself which took care about the last playback.

Thankyou very much for the explanation, I'll defenetly have to look at that FAQ.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  13.    #893  
    Aha! I knew I was missing something. I supposed it was webOS itself which took care about the last playback.

Thankyou very much for the explanation, I'll defenetly have to look at that FAQ.
    It would be nice if webOS kept track of it, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Issue: Playlist names display with song count, but when playlist is selected no songs appear.

Config: TouchPad, webOS 3.0.4, Music Player Remix 2.5.7 (App Catalog version)

Bkgd: I am an early adopter of Music Player (Remix) homebew version, which I still use on my Pre-. Remix is the #1 app for me (I've given it a 5-star review, too)!!

Details: I had Music Player (Remix) App Catalog and Web Feed versions installed (at same time) and were working great. I recently upgraded both versions and noticed that my Playlist names displayed and showed song count, but no songs actually appeared in any of the playlists. I could select and play songs in the Songs list. I uninstalled both versions, and reinstalled the App Catolog version 2.5.7 only. I did not delete and reinstall my music on the device. Same issue occurs after the app cataloig version reinstall: Playlists show song count but are empty. I can see and play songs in the Songs list in Remix.

I don't mean to imply that the updates caused the issue, since I cannot pin this down exactly to the update. The issue may have occurred before and I just didn't notice befire I updated. Perhaps the way I save music to the device caused the problem? Usually I use DoubleTwist, sometimes I drag and drop in USB mode. Maybe I should not have had both App Catalog and Web Feed versions installed.

Assistance or suggestions to correct the issue greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help and a phenomenal product!
  15.    #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by EEP1 View Post
    Issue: Playlist names display with song count, but when playlist is selected no songs appear.

Config: TouchPad, webOS 3.0.4, Music Player Remix 2.5.7 (App Catalog version)

Bkgd: I am an early adopter of Music Player (Remix) homebew version, which I still use on my Pre-. Remix is the #1 app for me (I've given it a 5-star review, too)!!

Details: I had Music Player (Remix) App Catalog and Web Feed versions installed (at same time) and were working great. I recently upgraded both versions and noticed that my Playlist names displayed and showed song count, but no songs actually appeared in any of the playlists. I could select and play songs in the Songs list. I uninstalled both versions, and reinstalled the App Catolog version 2.5.7 only. I did not delete and reinstall my music on the device. Same issue occurs after the app cataloig version reinstall: Playlists show song count but are empty. I can see and play songs in the Songs list in Remix.

I don't mean to imply that the updates caused the issue, since I cannot pin this down exactly to the update. The issue may have occurred before and I just didn't notice befire I updated. Perhaps the way I save music to the device caused the problem? Usually I use DoubleTwist, sometimes I drag and drop in USB mode. Maybe I should not have had both App Catalog and Web Feed versions installed.

Assistance or suggestions to correct the issue greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help and a phenomenal product!
    Does the built-in music app list the songs in the same playlist? If not, then you haven't set up your playlist correctly.

To have it work properly, open up your playlist file in a text editor on your computer and make sure it simply lists all your music files via relative path. So for instance, if you're storing your M3U playlist file in /media/internal/music and your music files are in sub-folders within /media/internal/music, your playlist file should look like this:

./subfolder1/musicfile1.mp3
    ./subfolder1/musicfile2.mp3
    ./subfolder2/musicfile3.mp3

If the built-in music app is listing the songs in the same playlist, then there's probably an issue in Remix. If you have Lumberjack installed (found in Preware), can you email me the app log showing where you list your playlists then go to the playlist song list screen? That might give me a clue as to what's going on.

Or better yet, if you can reproduce the issue with only 1 song, can you email me the song and the M3U file so I can try it out?

Does the built-in music app list the songs in the same playlist? If not, then you haven't set up your playlist correctly.

To have it work properly, open up your playlist file in a text editor on your computer and make sure it simply lists all your music files via relative path. So for instance, if you're storing your M3U playlist file in /media/internal/music and your music files are in sub-folders within /media/internal/music, your playlist file should look like this:

./subfolder1/musicfile1.mp3
    ./subfolder1/musicfile2.mp3
    ./subfolder2/musicfile3.mp3

If the built-in music app is listing the songs in the same playlist, then there's probably an issue in Remix. If you have Lumberjack installed (found in Preware), can you email me the app log showing where you list your playlists then go to the playlist song list screen? That might give me a clue as to what's going on.

Or better yet, if you can reproduce the issue with only 1 song, can you email me the song and the M3U file so I can try it out?
    Thank you for the excellent troubleshooting guidance. The built-in music app exhibits the same issue (should have checked that, but I don't use it any more since your Remix!) So, I think you may have hit it - user error. I'll check the playlist file in an editor and correct the file paths. Can't do it now, as I'm on the road. I appreciate your help and keep up the fantastic work!
  17.    #897  
    Thank you for the excellent troubleshooting guidance. The built-in music app exhibits the same issue (should have checked that, but I don't use it any more since your Remix!) So, I think you may have hit it - user error. I'll check the playlist file in an editor and correct the file paths. Can't do it now, as I'm on the road. I appreciate your help and keep up the fantastic work!
    I'm glad I could help. And speaking of help...be sure to check out the app's Help screen for a ton of helpful resources. One of them is a FAQ with a list of common questions (including one about how to setup playlist files!).

I'm glad I could help. And speaking of help...be sure to check out the app's Help screen for a ton of helpful resources. One of them is a FAQ with a list of common questions (including one about how to setup playlist files!).
    Follow-up: Still having the same issue after checking the M3U file paths. I will e-mail you the log file, M3U and song from a test playlist I made. Thx.
  19.    #899  
    Follow-up: Still having the same issue after checking the M3U file paths. I will e-mail you the log file, M3U and song from a test playlist I made. Thx.
    You don't have to send me the log file since it's also happening in the stock music app. That means your file isn't set up properly. I only would need the log if it was a Remix-only issue.

You don't have to send me the log file since it's also happening in the stock music app. That means your file isn't set up properly. I only would need the log if it was a Remix-only issue.
    Sorry. You are right. Same issue in the native webOS Music app. The playlist displays but the song is not in the playlist. NOT a Remix-only issue. I'll have to figure this out...
    ______
    Update: Resolved with your help!! (1) The slashes in the M3U entry were in the opposite direction as generated from DoubleTwist Mac; (2) The M3U file was stored in /media/internal (i.e. the root folder displayed when you connect your device to your computer in USB mode), so I changed the the entry in the M3U file to look like this as you suggested:

./music/Santana Feat. P.O.D/Shaman/09 America.m4a

The song now appears in the playlist.

You went above and beyond, Dan. Thanks and sorry to burden you with an issue that was not yours!
    Last edited by EEP1; 11/19/2011 at 04:47 PM.